SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Goats don't bite lol!!

As for the patois thing, it's funny when I'm here, I speak the Queen's English straight. None of my co-workers think I can speak patois. When I'm in Jamaica, you honestly cannot hear a trace of an accent.

Remember one time I went downtown and was buying some earrings in a shop and the saleslady was passing remarks because she was saying I was uneducated because my patois was so thick ROFL ROFL

Even this past trip was talking to a Brinks security guard and he asked me how long I'd been away and I said since 94, he then asked me how comes I never caught the accent abroad :rofl:

Can you please teach me Ja

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goats don't bite lol!!

As for the patois thing, it's funny when I'm here, I speak the Queen's English straight. None of my co-workers think I can speak patois. When I'm in Jamaica, you honestly cannot hear a trace of an accent.

Remember one time I went downtown and was buying some earrings in a shop and the saleslady was passing remarks because she was saying I was uneducated because my patois was so thick ROFL ROFL

Even this past trip was talking to a Brinks security guard and he asked me how long I'd been away and I said since 94, he then asked me how comes I never caught the accent abroad :rofl:

Would be happy to!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawd mi know mi proly chat bad..some can attest..but at work my co-workers look at me like i have 2 heads when i'm talking to peeps on the phone...their like..u can turn it off and on?..LOL..dyam fool..its a dialect!

Goats don't bite lol!!

Would be happy to!

yuh sure yuh lie!

wah gwaan everybody

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just got off the phone with one of my senators. I faxed his office on May 22 and they have already sent in an inquiry to USCIS and will notify me when they get a response. I said, "I know you say it takes 30 days to get a response, but how long does it USUALLY take?" He said that it actually does average 30 days to get a response. That's awful!

So I called my congressman. Turns out the lady in that office who works the immigration cases is at an immigration forum right now and will be back in later today. Hopefully she'll have some fresh information to tell me that she's learning at the forum.

I've decided to give this thing until Friday. If I have no news by Friday morning, I'm going to request vacation for end of July so I can make a short, 3-night visit.

Good Luck Nat, I am praying for you! smiley-angelic001.gif

Kimmy, nuh mek mi an yuh roll enno ROFL

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If anyone could help that would be great. My SO's son has to have his DS230 dropped off at the embassy today....does he sign? I figure the answer is yes since he is the applicant. Just wanted to make sure though.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
jgay; how mi Godbaby a do

sorry for the late post..was catching up...still catching up...baby doing good...i'm bigger with this one than i was with my son and i'm hating it...i feel so tired all the time...and she kicks a whole lot... :wacko:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

already J?? how far along are u again??

lmao at kimmy..thats funny but girl if u not around it, that stuff is a surprise.. DIALECT.. thats the word i was looking for last night.. my oldest was telling me that she thought what we spoke here and what they speak in places like ENGLAND is two different languages.. i was trying explain, and couldn't think of that word for NOTHING!! i was like colloquialism?? :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

DJ will call me and not want anyone around him to realize he is talking to an American, so he'll chat thick patois - it takes a minute, I am like Huh?

The best was years ago when I was out to see a friend's band play - they had a new drummer. The band took a break - the drummer sat there making very sexual remarks about me in patois to my friend - I just sat there playing dumb = then he asked my friend in patois to ask me for a cigarette - I took the pack and handed it to him - his jaw dropped, and everyone cracked up and told him that I understood everything he had said.

Sus same thing here. I'm sure A's friends think he is dating a Jamaican woman farrin. Never one statement in Queen's English. I know that he and Jonesie's husband get upset a little because they can't get anything past us. LOL Good thing is that we don't get offended by male talk...lol as long as it is within reason.

I posted my story awhile back about a Jamaican male making lewd comments about me in patois. A got this look like he was about to go off...and I silently let him know that I would handle it. I was eating a Strongback icecream cone (which I detested), and the guy said something about wishing I would lick and stroke his cocky like that...I handed the icecream cone to A...kissed him and then turned to the guy and when I finished with him he was blushing...embarrassed and apologizing profusely. The look of total shock on his face was priceless...A was on the ground screaming...rolling around laughing so hard. He knows my temper and that my mouth can be really bad. Then he got his composure and said "A yaadie dat"....LOL

Ladies this morning my daughter and i got some terrible news this set of twins in her class their mother passed away this weekend to cancer . the girls mom and i went on so many field trip together (the kids have been together in school since day one) so we all knew her very well . It a wonderful thing to see these children pulling together to support the girls who to my amazement still wanted to go to school . The whole 5th grade class is so sad. My daughter said to me this morning mom whats the best thing i can do to help i prayed for them but what else can i do ..i told her just be there when they need you .

Awww...how touching. I'm sorry to hear about the twins mother. Your daughter is inspiring. You should kiss her and thank her for her wonderful spirit.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
:thumbs:

i don't get to practice talking much.. we don't have a very big ja community in the DFW, but i be typing up a storm heehee.. when in FL.. i was flooded w/ it but i was very intimidated cuz EVERYONE spoke patois and would ask me to say things to see how it sounded w/ my accent.. i didn't mind being the brunt of jokes sometimes.. but i don't know if i will ever be comfortable talking to Jamaicans in patois..

I wish I had someone to speak patois with so I can learn more..

I know what you mean .. I have recently made some friends where i live that are from Jamaica so i have actually learned a lot more . The fun part is hearing my kids try to learn i found this site that has childrens books read in patois and i got my son listening and he picked up a few words and i was waiting for him to go to school and tell the teacher im a likkle bwoy . my daughter she just asks my fiance whats this word a millions times a day lol

What's the site My2?

Timeline
Goats don't bite lol!!

Would be happy to!

We will need to set up time to talk I will PM you.

Timeline
already J?? how far along are u again??

lmao at kimmy..thats funny but girl if u not around it, that stuff is a surprise.. DIALECT.. thats the word i was looking for last night.. my oldest was telling me that she thought what we spoke here and what they speak in places like ENGLAND is two different languages.. i was trying explain, and couldn't think of that word for NOTHING!! i was like colloquialism?? :unsure:

:rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs:

i don't get to practice talking much.. we don't have a very big ja community in the DFW, but i be typing up a storm heehee.. when in FL.. i was flooded w/ it but i was very intimidated cuz EVERYONE spoke patois and would ask me to say things to see how it sounded w/ my accent.. i didn't mind being the brunt of jokes sometimes.. but i don't know if i will ever be comfortable talking to Jamaicans in patois..

I wish I had someone to speak patois with so I can learn more..

I know what you mean .. I have recently made some friends where i live that are from Jamaica so i have actually learned a lot more . The fun part is hearing my kids try to learn i found this site that has childrens books read in patois and i got my son listening and he picked up a few words and i was waiting for him to go to school and tell the teacher im a likkle bwoy . my daughter she just asks my fiance whats this word a millions times a day lol

What's the site My2?

http://www.jamaicans.com/childsguide/whose...youpatois.shtml

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

DJ will call me and not want anyone around him to realize he is talking to an American, so he'll chat thick patois - it takes a minute, I am like Huh?

The best was years ago when I was out to see a friend's band play - they had a new drummer. The band took a break - the drummer sat there making very sexual remarks about me in patois to my friend - I just sat there playing dumb = then he asked my friend in patois to ask me for a cigarette - I took the pack and handed it to him - his jaw dropped, and everyone cracked up and told him that I understood everything he had said.

Sus same thing here. I'm sure A's friends think he is dating a Jamaican woman farrin. Never one statement in Queen's English. I know that he and Jonesie's husband get upset a little because they can't get anything past us. LOL Good thing is that we don't get offended by male talk...lol as long as it is within reason.

I posted my story awhile back about a Jamaican male making lewd comments about me in patois. A got this look like he was about to go off...and I silently let him know that I would handle it. I was eating a Strongback icecream cone (which I detested), and the guy said something about wishing I would lick and stroke his cocky like that...I handed the icecream cone to A...kissed him and then turned to the guy and when I finished with him he was blushing...embarrassed and apologizing profusely. The look of total shock on his face was priceless...A was on the ground screaming...rolling around laughing so hard. He knows my temper and that my mouth can be really bad. Then he got his composure and said "A yaadie dat"....LOL

Ladies this morning my daughter and i got some terrible news this set of twins in her class their mother passed away this weekend to cancer . the girls mom and i went on so many field trip together (the kids have been together in school since day one) so we all knew her very well . It a wonderful thing to see these children pulling together to support the girls who to my amazement still wanted to go to school . The whole 5th grade class is so sad. My daughter said to me this morning mom whats the best thing i can do to help i prayed for them but what else can i do ..i told her just be there when they need you .

Awww...how touching. I'm sorry to hear about the twins mother. Your daughter is inspiring. You should kiss her and thank her for her wonderful spirit.

she helps me when i get down about my brother being gone she says mom he is with Jesus. the older woman in her dad family since the day she was born she a has a gift .. she is wonderful child she will make you feel like a queen when you feel like ####### .. she told my best friend the day she had her youngest son aww auntie nete you look beautiful . my best friend said that made her day ..

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.