SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

I rarely get to hear the raw born patois from my hubby. He won't speak it around me...won't teach it to me. He sees it as a sign of respect for only speaking proper english to me. Which explains why I don't have much trouble understanding him. Oh...but when we see his cousin...and they get to talking..it comes out..and I just sit there and suck it all in. She even asks me if I understand...and I'm like yep.

:ot: I miss Ells... :cry:

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DaDa...sorry to be nosey...but are you and Roc going to be friends? It seems like ya'll could have a real nice friendship. And I mean a real friendship...not the kind with benefits.

LOL!!! KK I know you have some of the VJer's holding there breathe. I bet they couldn’t wait to see my reply to this post. Some ladies know what is going on between us so I'm sure they are waiting to see how I'll respond!!! Aren't you ladies??? LOL

No me and Roc aren’t friends right now we are nothing. I'm sure you can tell form my post I miss that man something awful!!! I haven’t heard from him in almost three weeks now so who knows what has happened. Maybe he dropped off the face of the earth, maybe he needs some space, maybe he has found another who knows... I had some good times with him so I don’t regret a thing. We had some good times some crazy times and some hard times. For us to be together for two years we have been through a lot so maybe it was too much for him who knows. I'm hoping one day he'll call to explain but if he doesn’t there is nothing I can do. I'm not hunting him down, calling his friends or going to his job and acting a fool (even though I'm tempted to). When/IF he is ever ready he knows how to find me.

I can't lie DaDa.. you know I was wondering!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DaDa...sorry to be nosey...but are you and Roc going to be friends? It seems like ya'll could have a real nice friendship. And I mean a real friendship...not the kind with benefits.

LOL!!! KK I know you have some of the VJer's holding there breathe. I bet they couldn’t wait to see my reply to this post. Some ladies know what is going on between us so I'm sure they are waiting to see how I'll respond!!! Aren't you ladies??? LOL

No me and Roc aren’t friends right now we are nothing. I'm sure you can tell form my post I miss that man something awful!!! I haven’t heard from him in almost three weeks now so who knows what has happened. Maybe he dropped off the face of the earth, maybe he needs some space, maybe he has found another who knows... I had some good times with him so I don’t regret a thing. We had some good times some crazy times and some hard times. For us to be together for two years we have been through a lot so maybe it was too much for him who knows. I'm hoping one day he'll call to explain but if he doesn’t there is nothing I can do. I'm not hunting him down, calling his friends or going to his job and acting a fool (even though I'm tempted to). When/IF he is ever ready he knows how to find me.

I just liked hearing your stories with him. Sorry to make it fresh. But you seem like you would be fun and had a lot of fun with him.

I am a hoot can’t you tell!!! I have no problem talking about him. Like I said I enjoyed my ride. He helped me live out some crazy times. Every time I think about my experiences with him I laugh.. They way I snuck over there against my families and friends better judgment. The crazy things we did in Mobay the hotel we stayed at in Manchester with the toilet in the middle of the floor no door and the 13in tv in a cage, the falls, the wakes and parties we attended, staying out at all hours of the night eating food from stands on the side of the road, bamboo lane, the fun we had under the stars and in the bushes. The fighting where the neighbors heard us the food fights and walks along dead end beach. Whooo I wouldn’t change that for all the tea in china. Now all the money in China yeah but tea nope.

Timeline

lol. dada.. u crazy!!!!!!! roc a gwaan duppy.. we affi send di ghostbusters afta his RASS!!!!!!!!! who going to montego bay this summer???? :devil:

Timeline
oh ok.. mi thought mi a make "mad mavis" come out.. i haven't seen her in a while LOL

been that way from wattie kill phillip.. hmm, imma use that.. lawny u always put me up on a new saying. roger will be too thru when he hear me say that LOL!!

Cha stop yuh lying!!! Yuh knoa darn well ur not going to say it. You can type de patios but you neva chat it...lol

But uh I was ova here reciting it as if I am going to say it in a sentence. :rofl:

lol.. ya rite.. mi nuh chat BUT i will say a word or phrase.. i am always telling him my kids are facety when he try to take up for them when they getting in trouble.. he was the one that laughed and corrected me.. BABY its prounounced FACE -TY not FAH- CE -TY :blush: he would not let me live that down.. i had said it for 2 days i thing b4 he told me !!!!!!!!! :blush::rofl::rofl:

thanks KK.. about my kids.. they are angels .. i cannot complain.. i have really been blessed.. even tho they are GIRLS so i gotta deal w/ drama queens in them every once in a while..

"don't worry about a thing, cuz every lil thing is gonna be alright".. i try to teach them that and it seems to be sticking..

LOL!!! Roc teased me because I was saying phockery wrong. I think I was say fu--ery he was like babes its phockery.. I felt so stupid so you know I had to hit him with the whateva!!! Phockery fu--ery its all the same darn thing!!!! LOL

But yeah I did feel stupid. I love telling my kids wah mi sey!!!

You and Quana are too funny. The Stella story really messed y'all up. LOL I try to spell the words phonetically...the way they are actually pronounced...and you both still found a way to "Merican~ize" them. LMAO

Yes your story did mess me up tonks a lot Jawi. Girl afta reading dat story i thought I was the patios talking queen until Roc was like babes hush yuh mout yuh messing dat up.. LOL Oooh Quana I'm ova her holding my sides I’m laughing so hard remember when you found Jawi's story and we started typing patios in e-mail. Memba how they ladies would get so upset like ENGLISH please ENGLISH!!! Whoo yuh couldn’t tell us we weren’t born Jamaicans Now I see how we didn’t know squat shoot I still don’t know squat but I'm learning and it did help me when I went to JA because I was able to understand some of the language.. Whoo here’s another remember you found that patios glossary? I used to go home and study it every night and we would quiz each other?? Whoo see what falling for a Jamaican will do to you

O.k. let me shut up because I know that was TMI and your looking at this computer screen like SHUT UP DADA!!!! I know stupid Americans....LMFAO!!!!!!!

Dada.... I'm dying laughing over here!! Why am I laughing you ask??? LOL... LOL.. BecauseI did the same thing!!!

Timeline

lol. dada.. u crazy!!!!!!! roc a gwaan duppy.. we affi send di ghostbusters afta his RASS!!!!!!!!! who going to montego bay this summer???? :devil:

Quana!!! I have to say that I'm TYING to get to Mobay before the end of the summer but this darn recession got my finances in a bunch.. LMAO!!

hahaha Dada......I'm glad u know you're a HOOT!!!!

KK who are you telling!! I love Dada.. She's even funnier when she gets CRAZY TEXT MESSAGES... LMAO... Right Dada????LMAO

Timeline
I rarely get to hear the raw born patois from my hubby. He won't speak it around me...won't teach it to me. He sees it as a sign of respect for only speaking proper english to me. Which explains why I don't have much trouble understanding him. Oh...but when we see his cousin...and they get to talking..it comes out..and I just sit there and suck it all in. She even asks me if I understand...and I'm like yep.

roger doesn't speak it either kk.. in fact he speak such good english w/ very lil accent, u could hardly tell he was jamaican. :angry: no fun at all.. but like u say when he speaks to other jamaicans.. i just sit back and enjoy.. :yes:

his whole being changes tho..he is a very soft spoken man, but he talk rough when he speak patois.. i tell him go back to english..

Timeline

HaHa I knew you was and newly come out because you were too and so were you Quana and Jawi ummm she might have been wondering but I'm not sure...

roger doesn't speak it either kk.. in fact he speak such good english w/ very lil accent, u could hardly tell he was jamaican. :angry: no fun at all.. but like u say when he speaks to other jamaicans.. i just sit back and enjoy.. :yes:

his whole being changes tho..he is a very soft spoken man, but he talk rough when he speak patois.. i tell him go back to english..

A tru!!! You want to know something so funny...my hubby studders when he speak patois. But they still understand him.

HaHa I knew you was and newly come out because you were too and so were you Quana and Jawi ummm she might have been wondering but I'm not sure...

I just had to ask...sorry :blush:

Timeline
((((((((DaDa)))))))))) Like I told you...I wished you would have still taken your trip...not to hunt him down of course...but I know you followed your heart and your first mind (which will never steer you wrong). Keep handling it like a champ and take one day at a time.

Link me if you need to.

Yeah girl I left it alone. Had I been going with some friends I might have went but being that I was going by myself I left it alone. Plus I know I would have been at his job. ALL the employees would have been running to the back to find him like Rockieeeeee.. Ders dis ooman at the front of the gate and she looks like she can spit nails. But by the time they told him I would have been right behind them. I pictured myself ova and ova again grabbing him by his collar and in his face like is there something you want to tell me. Zeen I would ave boxed him right in de nose. BOW!!!!! Whoo girl you got me over at this desk like Mike Tyson sliding my feet side to side #### if they about to ring the bell for the fight to start.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh ok.. mi thought mi a make "mad mavis" come out.. i haven't seen her in a while LOL

been that way from wattie kill phillip.. hmm, imma use that.. lawny u always put me up on a new saying. roger will be too thru when he hear me say that LOL!!

Who is Wattie and who is Phillip?

You can add my name to that list, too.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
OMG...the guy next to me smacks when he eats. It's so annoying. I guess having my mom complain about me and my brothers at dinner every night...it's a habit for me to NOT LIKE IT!!!

Just holler ova and sey "What you eating??" When he tells you say "I can tell..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.