SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK..i think if there r ppl that u really want to come and can wait to do ur ceremony...then 2yrs is more than enough...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There HAS to be a better way to get this police record! I just haven't found one. :angry:

THEN, I wake up & saw several more VSC approvals... for people who submitted after me. WHERE IS MY APPROVAL??? :angry:

There IS, let him take the BUS and do what he needs to do and come back the SAME day!!

I did it for job interviews when I lived in Kingston.

No disrespect to your SO, but sometimes if you want good yuh nose haffi run.

Renting a car for 2 days, staying in a hotel etc is something only the WEALTHY could afford to do in Ja, everyone ELSE would get up early and take the bus and deal with it.

Please don't be offended, but cha....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I need a job like YOURS!!!

LOL, I actually get 10 times the work done when I work from home - cause no one is calling me or popping in to bother me!

Nice! If I didn't have two meetings today, I might work from home too. Meanwhile, I still need to get out of bed.

----------

So I'm frustrated by this police record process. The record itself is only $23. However, the process of renting a car for 2 days, going from Negril to Kingston, staying overnight, etc.... brings the total cost closer to $230! :angry:

There HAS to be a better way to get this police record! I just haven't found one. :angry:

THEN, I wake up & saw several more VSC approvals... for people who submitted after me. WHERE IS MY APPROVAL??? :angry:

Nat - why rent a car, stay over night, etc..? Doesn't Stephen have a friend that can drive him over? Or he can catch a cab / bus - If I recall, he can get over to Sav, then get a bus straight to Kingston - Sorry for the delay, but try to stay positive that that is a sign yours will soon come - I know it's frustrating to see people after you get approved and know you are sitting on someone's desk -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

If he wants this BADLY enough, he needs to sacrifice too!

I know he probably says 'I don't know Kingston etc', but he would have to find a way if you weren't sending the money for all of that!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Mi agree wid English an Sus..please!

even the i don't know kingston card is not strong enough JA is but so big...u can get to town an back the same day pon di bus or part bus part route taxi..rent a car stay in a hotel...don't do it..who gonna pay fo this?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Mi agree wid English an Sus..please!

even the i don't know kingston card is not strong enough JA is but so big...u can get to town an back the same day pon di bus or part bus part route taxi..rent a car stay in a hotel...don't do it..who gonna pay fo this?

To put this in perspective, Kingston is probably 120 miles from Negril.

It is a COMMON thing for people to use a BUS to travel in between. Buses/route taxis start at 4.30am, to get into Kingston by 9am the latest. All the stuff he needs to do, can be done in ONE day, he can go back hime that evening, probably he'll be done 4pm the latest.

Now, the rental for ONE day, I could understand, if you have the money to SPARE, but TWO days, PLUS hotel fee?? IMHO, that is just foolishness, unless you are rich enough to afford it, or HE is going to pay for it himself. This is NOT, I repeat NOT the way things go in Jamaica with the average Joe going to Kingston on business.

Do not see this as an attack, but I'm kinda pissed right now that he expects you to pay for all of this.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline
Okay..that sounds good. Are you planning to get married in Jamaica?

Yep, JA. My auntie just had her wedding there last year, that's when I met my SO. :wub: I was surprised at how many of my family actually made it. If you give them enough time to plan for it, I think there is a good chance you will have a nice turn out.

Timeline

Yep, JA. My auntie just had her wedding there last year, that's when I met my SO. :wub: I was surprised at how many of my family actually made it. If you give them enough time to plan for it, I think there is a good chance you will have a nice turn out.

I THINK IT'S NICE to have ur family there

Timeline

Where in Jamaica do u plan to do it

I'm thinking of having a formal ceremony here

we got married in new york and we've been thinking north coast for the formal ceremony

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

ok..so i have to do a persuasive speech in 2 wks..i wanted to maybe to PRESCHOOL SHOULD BE MANDATORY? anybody have any takes on this? i strongly believe kids need to be stimulated..imagine a 5yr old going to school for the 1st time

Timeline
ok..so i have to do a persuasive speech in 2 wks..i wanted to maybe to PRESCHOOL SHOULD BE MANDATORY? anybody have any takes on this? i strongly believe kids need to be stimulated..imagine a 5yr old going to school for the 1st time

i think that's a good topic

and i'm sure there are tons of research that u can find which support that

if children can get a good foundation from that early it makes all the difference for the rest of their lives

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Kimmy, i don't like the word 'mandatory',

what word would u use that would say schools should provide preschool programs

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy, i don't like the word 'mandatory',

what word would u use that would say schools should provide preschool programs

Kimmy, look at Dan Malloy's program he implemented in Stamford, it might give you some ideas of how to word it - It is a great program.

http://www.cityofstamford.org/content/25/5...54/default.aspx

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

i think that's a good topic

and i'm sure there are tons of research that u can find which support that

if children can get a good foundation from that early it makes all the difference for the rest of their lives

THANKS..yes i'm trying to research now..i really feel strongly about it..usually i'm a procrastinator LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.