• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon Yardies!

Well, just checking in real quick since we're at an internet cafe in Negril. We went to our 7:00 a.m. interview yesterday and......

WE WERE APPROVED!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'll post more upon my return in 2 weeks since I don't anticipate being back at a computer until then. I'll tell you all that it went pretty smooth & we were out of there by 9:00 a.m. The ladies that saw us were both very nice. We managed to navigate our way through Kingston although we had a few hairy moments with him not being used to driving in city traffic & me trying to help him with road signs. We also stayed at the Prestige the night before & I highly recommend it.....decent price, A/C, good food & very close to the embassy. Now we just wait for the visa which God & embassy willing will only take 5 days....please pray for us so he can come home with me!

No time to catch up.....gonna have a lot of pages to read when I get back but hope everyone is good!

Lata!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If you Skype from computer to computer, it is the best cost of all: $0.00! But both of you need to have an internet connection to use it. Otherwise, calls to Jamaica (Skype to phone) are somewhere between 20 & 25 cents. That's no cheaper than Rebtel or Ringyard, and if you go that way, may as well have him call you with Digicel international.

Yeah I saw that. I just switched to Vonage on the home phone and their rate is 25cents a minute so that's just a few cents more than Ringyard. I don't understand why there are no good international plans in the US to call Jamaica. :angry: I told him it would cost less to put the Digicel international on all his friend's phone than him to call them all the time on Ringyard. We have it on his old phone which Jr now has but that's it.

Does anyone have a Verizon home phone?? I heard from someone that for 19.99 a month you can get 500 minutes. I'm not sure if that is true but worth checking it out.

I had Vonayge before and I hated them. My call always got dropped and the reception was the worst. I dropped them like hot pancakes...

As far as Ringyard I noticed they have done away with the 5.00 calling plan. I tried so hard to purchase 5 dollars the other day and it wouldn’t let me even though the voice response kept saying it did. I played around with it so much I ended up selecting 50 by mistake and of course the transaction went through. I refused to use any of them minutes because I wanted the transaction reversed. Sure enough after calling the company they reversed the charges. Whoo thank goodness…

I tried 3 times to get the Ringyard $5 top up thru the phone yesterday :lol:

But I just gave up and purchased $10 :wacko:

I don't know anything about Verizon... I use MetroPCS :thumbs:

$50 a month unlimited minutes... I don't know how I could afford our 1000 minute weeks with out them :thumbs:

Timeline
If you Skype from computer to computer, it is the best cost of all: $0.00! But both of you need to have an internet connection to use it. Otherwise, calls to Jamaica (Skype to phone) are somewhere between 20 & 25 cents. That's no cheaper than Rebtel or Ringyard, and if you go that way, may as well have him call you with Digicel international.

Yeah I saw that. I just switched to Vonage on the home phone and their rate is 25cents a minute so that's just a few cents more than Ringyard. I don't understand why there are no good international plans in the US to call Jamaica. :angry: I told him it would cost less to put the Digicel international on all his friend's phone than him to call them all the time on Ringyard. We have it on his old phone which Jr now has but that's it.

Does anyone have a Verizon home phone?? I heard from someone that for 19.99 a month you can get 500 minutes. I'm not sure if that is true but worth checking it out.

I had Vonayge before and I hated them. My call always got dropped and the reception was the worst. I dropped them like hot pancakes...

As far as Ringyard I noticed they have done away with the 5.00 calling plan. I tried so hard to purchase 5 dollars the other day and it wouldn’t let me even though the voice response kept saying it did. I played around with it so much I ended up selecting 50 by mistake and of course the transaction went through. I refused to use any of them minutes because I wanted the transaction reversed. Sure enough after calling the company they reversed the charges. Whoo thank goodness…

$50 a month unlimited minutes... I don't know how I could afford our 1000 minute weeks with out them :thumbs:

Yeah girl they did away with the 2 and 5 dollar amounts. I used to have Nextel where I received free incoming so it wasn’t a problem but with my T-Mobile my minutes were getting killed. I should have just switched to the unlimited plan but I didn’t. Well the Verizon package I'm speaking of is on your home phone not cell. I think they offer a long distance package the for 19.99 you get 500 JA minutes. I might have it wrong but I thought that is what another yardie told me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All! It has been a long time since I posted on here and a long time since I got my K1 - but I know someone going through the process now and she needs some help.

So she talked to the NVC in March and they said her case was sent to Kingston on Feb. 16th. She has heard nothing since then. Is this normal? What is the process now after it leaves the NVC?

I would really appreciate any help :wacko:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Wait...that includes international???

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i think you can still get $5 if you buy it through ringyards website..

Timeline

Congrats Ells...thanks for updating us!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
[quote

By the way... Comcast has worldwide minutes that include JA for $14.95/month you get 300 minutes - but they are only to landlines.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Wait...that includes international???

I can't call international on the plan, but I can talk as long as I want....

So if he calls me, or I use a calling card, my cellular plan does not charge me for the minutes :thumbs:

okay Sus, I will be patient smiley-happy120.gif

:D

I'm really just hoping all is well for you (((Sus)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.