SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!! I was just sitting here and i was gonna refresh the page and it opened a new tab ( I dont know :wacko: ) so i thought let me just check USCIS AND DRUMROLL:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 20, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I cant beleive it !!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!!!

Congrats on the interview date Jawi

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamerican, Heaven and KK... ya'll up late!!! :unsure:

Derron just went out and I was watching Benjamin Button... then computer started tripping, so I'm downloading it again.

I'm trying to fall asleep. I can't sleep in hotels very well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations HeavenSent.... An NOA1 is good news too!

Mawnin Yardies and Happy Friday! What are the plans for the Holiday Weekend?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline

Sunny callme a 9am please

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Ladies Morning;

I know most of you know this already, but please do not let your husband/wife work until they have the proper documentation...nothing is worse that having gone through an LDR, they get here, they start working (WITHOUT DOCS), get busted, end up in Immigration Court, then get deported for breaking immigration law and receive a 10 year ban or lifetime...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning, all!

I originally planned to go to Pittsburg yesterday through Monday, but that trip was postponed. So now I have a 4-day weekend to spend AT HOME!!! I can't even remember the last time I took a vacation and didn't go anywhere. Very happy to just relax.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Random thoughts:

* Who here on VJ is going to be there soon? I forget. Anyone on the west side any time between May 25 & June 11?? I forgot to get Sus' contact info so that hopefully we could connect in Negril for a minute at least. I wonder how to manage getting a hold of her now....

Anyone else? I'd love to meet some Yardies!

* Okay, next thought while tying up any loose ends with the paperwork. I'll be making copies of my tax returns, W-2s & pay stubs. But I'm wondering how many pay stubs I should provide....1 year? A few months? What have some of you done? And did you ever consider blotting out certain info like your SSN?

* It just occurred to me why I might be so adamant about bringing mister home with me & being sure to fly with him. I remember what it was like to land in Senegal & how overwhelming & crazy it was....until we spotted my good friend Jesse who was like a savior at that moment. He could speak the language & knew how to deal with aggressive taxi drivers & everything else. There are few times in my life that I can ever remember being so thankful as I was at that moment to have a friend who knew the ropes & could look out for us. Then I imagine what it would be like to travel for the first time ever & go through an international airport & immigration & not read so well. I know it's possible, but sure a lot easier with someone who has done (most of) it before! :thumbs:

I had like one paycheck stub a month. Enough to show I was still working there since tax return filed.

Why blot it out? Your information is everywhere. I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, I travelled with him for the same reasons.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
As far as getting in trouble with hotel management, the manager just gave me a lecture on having a party on their property without clearing it with management and paying a fee. He said if it was a few people, then no problem, but there were 15-20, so I should've cleared with them first. I understood his point. I told him I didn't expect that many people, and we did let a few staff members know we'd have the cake in the [outdoor, beachfront] dining room. They didn't express any concerns. Plus, we cleaned up every last bit of trash, so it was like we were never there. Plus, I've stayed at that hotel several times, and have brought other guests with me & recommended other guests, and I plan on going back again. If I want to have a party in the future, I'll definitely check with him first. He agreed to not charge me a fee. [Pat me on the back for my negotiation skills.] So we ended on amicable terms with him wishing me a safe flight.

Okay, I see....so just a little slap on the wrist for the 'extra' guests then. They better give you some leeway considering the business you have & will bring them!

Hey Yardies !! I'm so excited even tho i know it doesnt really mean that much but....

i got my NOA 1 TODAY !!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Heaven!

whooaa!

just saw on the news where some canadian toursits rented a car and drove themselves from the north coast to kingston

made a wrong turn when they reached spanish town and ...... you guys fill in the rest

fortunately they weren't seriously hurt

lol you could tell they were mad, esp the females

I don't know that area very well so I'm not sure what fill in the rest means. Did they drive off the side of the road or did they drive into a bad neighborhood?? Enlighten me please! :thumbs:

---------------------

Speaking of Kingston, I have a last-minute mini freakout going on. I'm trying to find some names for hotels not too far from the embassy but that don't cost a lot (Hilton is pretty much out of my price range). Anyone from that area or familiar with the area near the embassy have any suggestions that I can start checking into tomorrow? Pretty please?? I checked out the 'JA survival guide' thread & really only saw the Hilton, one incredibly expensive place ($249 per/night) & some little cottages or something that didn't really appeal. Just need a decent, clean, reasonably priced ($35 - $70 per/night would be good) hotel that we can check into the day before and get up early & go to our 7 a.m. interview.

And one more question for those who have recently gone through this stuff. When checking on the visa, do they give you a # at the interview to check the status or is there something I should be researching beforehand to keep with my list of info?

Thanks everyone for any advice....it's getting close & I'm trying to (over)prepare! :whistle::blush:

You got the A# on your NOA1. It follows you throughout.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Morning all!

We’re q’ing out. My cousin’s boyfriend and my uncle belong to motorcycle clubs so tomorrow we’re expecting about 150-200 bikers to show with some riding in from Maryland. 1570.gif It’s a beautiful site to see all those bikes lined up. She’ll have her pool open and everything. It’s always a blast. Gotta go shoppin’ for a new outfit so that I can look fierce sitting on top of the bikes. Nope…I can’t ride one bit, but I always take nice pictures just sitting there profilin’. A always laughs at me because he knows I can’t ride but some of the pictures look like action shots like I’m actually doing it. :lol:

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Ladies Morning;

I know most of you know this already, but please do not let your husband/wife work until they have the proper documentation...nothing is worse that having gone through an LDR, they get here, they start working (WITHOUT DOCS), get busted, end up in Immigration Court, then get deported for breaking immigration law and receive a 10 year ban or lifetime...

Where is this coming from, Tre?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
And one more question for those who have recently gone through this stuff. When checking on the visa, do they give you a # at the interview to check the status or is there something I should be researching beforehand to keep with my list of info?

You got the A# on your NOA1. It follows you throughout.

Ells - were you asking about the DHL tracking number?? If so, you get that when you pay the dhl fee.

Morning all!

We’re q’ing out. My cousin’s boyfriend and my uncle belong to motorcycle clubs so tomorrow we’re expecting about 150-200 bikers to show with some riding in from Maryland. 1570.gif It’s a beautiful site to see all those bikes lined up. She’ll have her pool open and everything. It’s always a blast. Gotta go shoppin’ for a new outfit so that I can look fierce sitting on top of the bikes. Nope…I can’t ride one bit, but I always take nice pictures just sitting there profilin’. A always laughs at me because he knows I can’t ride but some of the pictures look like action shots like I’m actually doing it. :lol:

Sounds like fun!! I traded my motorcycle for children....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Ladies Morning;

A friend of mine from New York.

tep aff a mi name

Ladies Morning;

A friend of mine from New York.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.