• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey yardies! I haven't caught up...I want to catch up and respond...just had to get this out!

:ot:

We got our interview date for June 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM.

Anyone after me filing K1 please don't stress getting your SO an appointment just to drop off the DS-230 Part 1. I started a thread down below (hopefully we can get it pinned). I don't know how to get it pinned though.

Yeah congrats :dance::dance::dance::dance:

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey yardies! I haven't caught up...I want to catch up and respond...just had to get this out!

Anyone after me filing K1 please don't stress getting your SO an appointment just to drop off the DS-230 Part 1. I started a thread down below (hopefully we can get it pinned). I don't know how to get it pinned though.

Yeah congrats :dance::dance::dance::dance:

yay!!!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awww :D

I need to know some new JA songs..hubby feels like he is getting so behind..have any girls???

I need to introduce him to some of the online radios..but our internet is problematic!

Buju Banton released a new album yesterday :dance:

51bXRxFRSbL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I don't have it yet... you can listen to samples on amazon.com.

Also Gramps Morgan :wub: will have a new solo album out in July :star:

Some full songs will play if you go to his website www.grampsmorgan.com :wub:

I LOVE JA MUSIC! :dance:

Bunzarelli and Jomo, it the H2B and H1b visa that take piority around this time. It generally starts around April until Late July.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

:crying:

Love the Chill-Pill Princess!! :rofl:

:lol:

I am gonna need it :thumbs:

Timeline
:ot: I have a general question and would like to know your opinions...anyone and everyone please feel free to answer...

Question: Do you feel it is inappropriate or disrespectful if a mother walks around her son, say age between 5-10 years old with just undergarments on...do you think a boy that age would look at their mother in a sexual manner if she walks around them like that....

This is jgay80 but felt bored and decided to change my userid and picture...Stone is my "new" last name which is how i derived to StoneLove.... :D

Jgay - my son is 11. We are now getting to a point where we try to respect each other's privacy (especially now that A is here and I have to be more conscious about closing the door) but when/if he does see me with my undergarments on I don't think he thinks anything sexual about it. He is usually acting grossed out about it and will turn and walk the other way. But really undergarments are not much different than a bathing suit and that's socially acceptable.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
MAWNING ladies and gents if any in the house!!!

i went dancing last night and did not have a nap in between.. UH OH lets hope i don't fall out of my chair from sleep deprivation LOL..

Quana you danced till it was time to go to work?? :blink: Yuh turn yardie fi true!

I don't think collard greens are the same no matter what Google says. Fake cabbage? ah ha hahahhhahahahah. That's funny.

Good luck on the barber. That was a major challenge to find one to stick with.

That's what he said too - dat not calaloo!

I told him on Monday we would walk the streets of Albany till we found a market and a barber!!

lol..

good luck w/ the food island, like u say, he get hungry enough, he will bend LOL

and u KNOW u should have been scouting out a barber already LOL!!!

yeah mon..the yardie thread back then was real informative cuz evrybody was going thru it at the same time so they were all EAGER to share it seems..

I know but he said he didn't need one he would do it himself cuz I have the razor to do my son's hair in the summer. He shaved with it one time and know wants to go back to a barber :whistle:

LMAO at ur SO.. island..

and yeah girl... ppl always say they nuh believe i am american born and raised.. i love fi see the sun when the party is ova LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
This is jgay80 but felt bored and decided to change my userid and picture...Stone is my "new" last name which is how i derived to StoneLove.... :D

:lol:

And here I was thinking there were just two yardies with the same baby counter. :bonk: Like how you formulated the new name.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
:ot: I have a general question and would like to know your opinions...anyone and everyone please feel free to answer...

Question: Do you feel it is inappropriate or disrespectful if a mother walks around her son, say age between 5-10 years old with just undergarments on...do you think a boy that age would look at their mother in a sexual manner if she walks around them like that....

Jgay - my son is 11. We are now getting to a point where we try to respect each other's privacy (especially now that A is here and I have to be more conscious about closing the door) but when/if he does see me with my undergarments on I don't think he thinks anything sexual about it. He is usually acting grossed out about it and will turn and walk the other way. But really undergarments are not much different than a bathing suit and that's socially acceptable.

hmmm, never thought about it that way island..

Timeline

Jawi- CONGRATS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timeline

hmmm, never thought about it that way island..

Well I remember my first trip to JA and A would walk around everywhere with his underwear, stand on the balcony with them on, etc. and I was appalled. Then we go to the beach and I see guys swimming in theirs and girls swimming in skimpy clothes and thought hmmmm...not much different than a bathing suit so I chilled. Now I love to see that easygoing-ness. Sometimes I think our culture tends to get a bit prude.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Oh o.k. Nat so your back?? I love the new pic you two look really cute together!!!

Thanks, DaDa!

Welcome back Nat - loved your photos on FB! I always feel like I was just on the trip with you when I look at your photos.

Thanks, IslandWoman!

I don't see a problem with it.

Nat- I LOVE your new picture. You guys look so good together! I really like your hair like that too! I was looking on Igor's list for you. I thought it would be so nice if you got approved while you were in JA. This is rediculous!

Thanks. I agree.

Congratulations, Jawi! I'll have to check out this new thread.

My comments from the past few days' posts:

Congratulations, Mrs Jeffs!

I was in love with the first Pirates of the Caribbean. The intern group I was hanging with that summer went and saw that movie almost every Wednesday. I probably saw it in theaters 4 or 5 times. One of the interns developed a chat room for us. We (some of them, not me) spoke in "pirate speak" in the chat room. Great movie. The other two didn't capture me as much.

Quana & MrsBuggy, I see y'all talking about a Houston Caribfest. I'm in Houston, but prob won't go cause I just can't do the large crowds thing. However, if ya'll come down, let's have lunch one day.

Quana, 4 months is definitely a long time to go without daggering seeing your man. I'm hoping it won't be that long before I see mine again, but I just don't know.

Philly, TOO precious that your man gardens with you. Those are the moments that make you say "Awwwww"

Quana, you mentioned the first Yardie thread. I'mma have to find that one for the transition stories.

J2A, I also need to set VJ time limits. I didn't even make it to work this morning fooling around with creating a new avatar pic. It was hard to get it to under 16 kb.

---------

This post (in the Bugs forum) talks about the lack of dates in timelines:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...5&start=285

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

StoneLove - IDK, I can’t really generalize on this one. I know mothers who have always walked around their boys this way. Though I seem to get a little shocked, the son doesn't even appear to notice. As older boys now 18-19 they don’t seem to display any signs now where thinking back I would feel that this led to problems. I myself won’t even walk around my girls like that. I saw on a talk show some years ago that it is even not acceptable to let your son sleep in the same bed with you at this age and I thought that was little extreme, but idk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timeline

AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

congrats jawi!!!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Thats what i think also...my hubby has a huge issue with me if my son sees in my undergarments...i told him so i am not allowed to take my son to the beach since i would be in a bikini and he would say i must wear something over it to cover myself....he said mothers who do that are slack and not growing their kids properly...blah...blah...to me his mind is just perverted because i honestly don't see anything wrong with that.... :blink:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.