SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK im trying to be as prepared as i possibly can ...I know that this is a different topic then what is being discussed . But when i travel to Jamaica this will be my first flight ever and i was wondering does anyone have any advise

Sit back, relax and don't try to run everybody over when you arrive in JA because you want to get off de plane.. :rofl:

Wow first flight. I can't even remember mines. I think I was in my teens on my way to NJ to see my brother.. The first time I flew to JA by myself I was so nervous. We’ll I wasn't nervous about the plane but seeing my Roc.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my fiance is insistent on only flying air Jamaica any opinions on that

never flown with AJ

just be sure to leave plenty of time in the airport

sometimes the lines are outta control for both checking in- ie getting your boarding pass and checking luggage

and security

be sure to have your passport!

you will do fine

:D

thanks again .... and if you think of anything at anytime please let me know ...do you know where you find what you can bring as far a your toiletries i was told ther were restrictions on what you can bring

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
But when i travel to Jamaica this will be my first flight ever and i was wondering does anyone have any advise

for security~

wear shoes you can easily take off

no belt

all cosmetic stuff has to fit in quart size ziplock bag- only one per person

no liquids past security

no metal on clothes- otherwise you might set off detector and then be wanded

laptop out of case

i usually look a mess on the plane- and then change and freshen up in the bathroom in the airport

be friendly and smile with immigration officers

bring a pen to fill out card and gum to chew on the plane

have address of where you are staying

and declare nothing- play dumb

enjoy your trip

Oh so I'm not the only one that changes in the bathroom??

But when i travel to Jamaica this will be my first flight ever and i was wondering does anyone have any advise

for security~

wear shoes you can easily take off

no belt

all cosmetic stuff has to fit in quart size ziplock bag- only one per person

no liquids past security

no metal on clothes- otherwise you might set off detector and then be wanded

laptop out of case

i usually look a mess on the plane- and then change and freshen up in the bathroom in the airport

be friendly and smile with immigration officers

bring a pen to fill out card and gum to chew on the plane

have address of where you are staying

and declare nothing- play dumb

enjoy your trip

thanks you so much .. im nervous about flying as it is and for the first time to be flying to another country is something different ... my fiance is insistent on only flying air Jamaica any opinions on that

When do you leave??

Timeline
OK im trying to be as prepared as i possibly can ...I know that this is a different topic then what is being discussed . But when i travel to Jamaica this will be my first flight ever and i was wondering does anyone have any advise

Sit back, relax and don't try to run everybody over when you arrive in JA because you want to get off de plane.. :rofl:

Wow first flight. I can't even remember mines. I think I was in my teens on my way to NJ to see my brother.. The first time I flew to JA by myself I was so nervous. We’ll I wasn't nervous about the plane but seeing my Roc.

I know i am already anxious about seeing him so i know im going to be ready to get off the plane.(and I am not even certain on when i cant actually get to take the trip yet just want to be as prepared as i can) . yeah i have never flown i have alway got in the car and drove ....my kids have flown with my parents and i wasnt able to go on those trips cuz of work...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

never flown with AJ

sometimes the lines are outta control for both checking in- ie getting your boarding pass and checking luggage

and security

you will do fine

thanks again .... and if you think of anything at anytime please let me know ...do you know where you find what you can bring as far a your toiletries i was told ther were restrictions on what you can bring

Chk your airline website..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bellwin............the baby is adorable!!!!

If anyone lives in the Chicago area. My husband band Dub Dis play at the Wild Hare on Tuesday nights. No cover charge. http://www.wildharemusic.com/ :star:

One Love

J

Oh, I love the Wild Hare. Wish I was coming that way.

I love the Wild Hare too! My friends play out there all the time - it's been a long time since I did a weekend trip with them :cry:

I'm trying to go there this summer too. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks Jomo she is getting so big. We just got her one year photos taking and they are so cute. I will have to scan them into my facebook page as soon as we get back from Florida.

If any of you go to the Wild Hare sometime let me know. I will soon have the summer off and will go see my hubby for the first time plus I can get grandma to babysit.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

never flown with AJ

and security

you will do fine

thanks again for all your help talking on here is really helping me deal with all that has to be done ,

Chk your airline website..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
My2rmylife, are you flying AJ out of BWI, or ?. Which airport are you flying into Kingston or Mo-Bay?

air jamaica BWI and kingston

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

My2rmylife, are you flying AJ out of BWI, or ?. Which airport are you flying into Kingston or Mo-Bay?

Okay, so you are traveling to BWI, which is about 3 hours away from where you live, Taking American Airline out of Dulles would have been better, you would have had a lay-over in Maimi. Kingston airport is small, are you staying at a hotel in Kingston?

If so have a print out of your travel plans to show to Kingston customs. Be prepare to go thru customs in Kingston, use the visitor line. If you have gifts, do not declare them, you will have to pay a custom tax on them.

What part of Kingston will you be staying?

Timeline

Okay, so you are traveling to BWI, which is about 3 hours away from where you live, Taking American Airline out of Dulles would have been better, you would have had a lay-over in Maimi. Kingston airport is small, are you staying at a hotel in Kingston?

If so have a print out of your travel plans to show to Kingston customs. Be prepare to go thru customs in Kingston, use the visitor line. If you have gifts, do not declare them, you will have to pay a custom tax on them.

Im still trying to find hotels there that are not too expensive ...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Okay, what part of Kingston does your SO live, is it Kingston 17, 14 ?, or give me the name and I can tell you what part is is and what hotels are reasonable and safe.

Are you traveling by your self, no GF going with you?

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

well all my travel plans are not set in stone im just going by suggestions and what i have found to be less expensive and shorter flights

Im still trying to find hotels there that are not too expensive ...

he actually lives in spanishtown

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Do you want me to assit you if so I need more information. My husband lives in Kingston and I travel there quite often.

Personally, for my 1st trip I wouldn't go alone, I would take a friend whom I could trust. Trust me leave AJ alone, you can find cheaper flights than AJ.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh so I'm not the only one that changes in the bathroom??

:lol: I do that, too!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.