SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marley thinks it is her wedding too. I told her she is the maid of honor but she is going to walk down the aisle with my Dad and I. And we are going to say some vows to her and she is going to say some to us. We will all probably light a unity candel as well.

OMG.....Island, bring extra kleenex. I am tearing up at this already!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
woooow since Aug damn I think I need a addicted to Jamaica anonymous I've gone on 5 times within the last year :blink::whistle:

This is NOT by choice...trust me. I usually go about 3 times a year (mainly due to kids and vacation time)...and I say for two weeks at the minimum. I can't do the short trips...they just don't work for me.

My addiction started in 2000. The good thing is that I can finally see myself traveling somewhere different now.

Wow two weeks at a tme?? I would love to stay in JA for two weeks...

My longest trip was almost 4 weeks when I really met A (I briefly met him 6 months earlier). It started out as two weeks... :innocent::innocent:

JG...I really want to come. I just have to figure out the logistics now...especially with so many fees coming at me with the visa process. I know Dills has to feel so loved to have so many VJ members at her big day (or trying to be)...

I am opening my house to anyone who wants to come stay. I have an extra bedroom, a couple couches, and a pull out daybed. You just have to get yourselves to my house.

Oh that is cool. I know that I will definitely need a real bed...hhmmmm...A is going to ask me why I can make a drive but not a plane ride. :blush::blink:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

double post

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question, no sure if anyone can answer...

If you're fiance is in another country can they go through the US embassy in that country for their interview?

We talked about this last week. I don't know the answer...so A is headed back to Jamaica in about two weeks. I am actually a little worried now because my DS-230 beat my paper file to the Embassy. They have the electronic file but the paper file is not registered yet. The DS-230 got signed for yesterday @ the Embassy. I pray that I don't have to mail a 2nd copy (and pay another $40.00 US).

Do you think it will be okay since they do have the electronic file? :wacko::o:ph34r::blink::help:

I'm gonna say yes cuz we don't want any bad thoughts about it --- but honestly, you just never know.

Where is the praying smilie??? I didn't think I jumped the gun @ first...now I think I should have waited until say this week to send it. I honestly didn't think DHL would deliver so fast. It should have just gotten there today. Oh well...what is to be...will be.

Hey Mich!!! ***mmmuuuaaahh***

Dills I am going to try and make it. Can I bring a friend with me...so she can drive for me?

Oh yes, Jawi. Please try to come!!!!!!

Hello to my Jawi. Hi Yardies! I hope all is well with everyone. Congrats on all the upcoming weddings and updates on the cases. I'm waiting to receive Ray's biometrics notice so that we can run and get this ####### taken care. I hate checking the mail, but I do everyday now because I'm looking for the biometrics letter. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

JG I may have to come stay with you seeing as everyone says they are staying with me and that they don't care if they have to sleep in the basement on a blow up bed. The problem is I only have one bathroom.

Honestly Quana I feels sorry for anyone she dates or gets married to. She is going to have some really high expectations after being spoiled by me and my parents her entire life.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
double post

Ha ha.....come on.

You can send some my way if you want. They may have to bring their blow up beds with them though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marley thinks it is her wedding too. I told her she is the maid of honor but she is going to walk down the aisle with my Dad and I. And we are going to say some vows to her and she is going to say some to us. We will all probably light a unity candel as well.

That's so sweet Dillon....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

There is NO crying! If I even here a sniffle I may start crying myself and I am really trying not to do that. I have made a bet with one of my friends that I will not cry so you all have to help me with that. +

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
Dillon - make sense to me. Send me your address. My family gave us a informal reception 3 months after we got married so we get money and gifts. Trust me, it helped.

You got that right. The money I received from my co-workers was wayyyyy more than I expected. It was truly a blessing. Paid for AOS and had a mini honeymoon.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey Yardies...greetings from Mobay to all.. still trying to get our appt rescheduled, no luck so far, but doing some fun things (treasure beach) now that SO is feeling well. What a scare. Don't have time to read and catch up so just want to send some vibes from Jam rock. one love, culture1

Culture1st[/font]

Filed: Timeline
woooow since Aug damn I think I need a addicted to Jamaica anonymous I've gone on 5 times within the last year :blink::whistle:

This is NOT by choice...trust me. I usually go about 3 times a year (mainly due to kids and vacation time)...and I say for two weeks at the minimum. I can't do the short trips...they just don't work for me.

My addiction started in 2000. The good thing is that I can finally see myself traveling somewhere different now.

My longest trip was almost 4 weeks when I really met A (I briefly met him 6 months earlier). It started out as two weeks... :innocent::innocent:

JG...I really want to come. I just have to figure out the logistics now...especially with so many fees coming at me with the visa process. I know Dills has to feel so loved to have so many VJ members at her big day (or trying to be)...

I am opening my house to anyone who wants to come stay. I have an extra bedroom, a couple couches, and a pull out daybed. You just have to get yourselves to my house.

((((((((((((((((((((((((( MOVE )))))))))))))))))))))))....pushing everyone out the way...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Yardies...greetings from Mobay to all.. still trying to get our appt rescheduled, no luck so far, but doing some fun things (treasure beach) now that SO is feeling well. What a scare. Don't have time to read and catch up so just want to send some vibes from Jam rock. one love, culture1

culture.. many blessings on everything getting straightened out.. glad ur SO is at least feeling better so u can try to enjoy.. i miss mobay SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... :crying::crying:

Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies! (I wish it was afternoon for me!)

Mister made it EARLY to his medical this morning (7:00 a.m. for an 8:30 appt) but I do believe he is still there probably waiting to get his vaccinations. He got the HIV test done but still waiting for his 'jooks'. You all were right, it does take a long time considering he's already been there 5 hours!

This is true, but it depends on what kind of connections or networking you can do or have someone do for you before a person leaves Jamaica. I have many family members who are well educated professionals who came to the states and tried it for a year or so and went back home. It's not easy starting from the bottom, but if this is and where you want to be, then sometimes that what you have to work with. I also tell people back home...if you're doing very well back home, STAY THERE. I mean, I would love to live in a house that was paid for, have a cook/helper/maid/nanny, have a few cars, can go on holiday for 6 weeks or more anytime I want and still have my job when I come back to Jamaica...not to mention and FAT bank account. My family back home complains when I tell them I can only take 2 weeks off for vacation.

nyc -- my husband is in school and working. He started school about 4 weeks after he got here. I looked into programs and found out what was interesting to him. It was something to keep him busy. He also volunteered at my mom's church as soon as he got here and joined the gym. I think what helped us the most was the fact that I prepared him for his life here in the US as much as I could, he had to find what work for him on his own when he got here. We talked for hours about this and that life in the states is not what it look like on tv. I also asked him what he liked to do, so I had things in place for him before he got here. Everything, by the grace of God has worked out perfect for us, because we talked and talked and talked for hours. When he got here, it was up to him to make it work. I'd already done my part.

So much stress is placed on how your husband/wife will adjust to the US, we should not forget that we must also adjust to them being here. I feel for those who have never lived with a man/woman before or having to share living space with another person who is from another culture. My husband had a lot to deal with when he got here, his mother passed away one month after he left Jamaica, while it was a difficult time for him, he handled it the best way he could.

That is the TRUTH! If you are comfortable in JA, there is no reason to leave! If you can't get anywhere and need some opportunity, then I think going abroad is worth the shot.

What I wonder is just how much a person can be prepared.....I know that my mister will not quite 'get it' until he's really here and sees for himself despite the fact that I've talked and lectured about the realities here until I'm blue in the face. One thing that might help is that he is learning that I'm very honest with him in all aspects and many things I've said to be possiblities with decisions he makes have come to pass. He is realizing that I don't gloss over truths.

I am mentally preparing for the adjustment process even before it happens. I'm one of those who have lived with roommates but never an intimate partner so it's definitely going to have its challenges. At night in bed, I realize how much of my full size bed I actually do take up and think that soon after he gets here we'll have to upgrade a bed size! :yes: Funny though, last night I had a dream he finally came here and in the dream I was so concerned about giving him enough attention and making sure everything was okay and that he was doing fine. In the dream he hardly needed me and was having lots of fun exploring new things all on his own even though I was always nearby.

Morning all!

Well, I got my grades - A- from the teacher I hated (don't know how) and a B+ in my other class!!

CONGRATS SUS! Great job! Now go celebrate!

Mawnin...TL; are you ready?

Where is sus with my cup of coffee this morning, I hope she put some appleton in it.

I think so - I was up at 5 am this morning baking banana bread and throwing brownstew pork into the crock pot. I just talked to him a little while ago and he sounds like a ball of emotions - excited, nervous and sad. He said his family just keeps staring at him trying to take one last look at him for awhile. :unsure:

TL; well, at least you're not there to see all that. I was with my husband when he said goodbyes to friends and family and it was hard to watch grown men cry openly, it broke my heart and I couldn't help but start BAWLING like a baby myself...and he's write, that's what his mom, dad brothers and other family members were doing, they just stood there and looked at him.

Yeah, I couldn't take that - especially since I'm a bawler.... (but no crying allowed at Dillon's wedding so I'm going to drink before hand!! :whistle: ) He has said many times that he wishes I could fly with him since this is his first time but I told him it wasn't really a big deal - he has faced much scarier stuff in Kingston! I said just don't bring your pocket knife!!

Aawwww....that is sweet all the way around, T! :luv:

If our visa comes through in good time, I'll be around to see all the goodbyes....I'll probably be crying as much as everyone else. If it doesn't come in before I leave, we'll use his ticket soon after. I'll come home and find the next decent priced (yeah right!!) round trip ticket to go back in a couple months and bring him home. I'm adamant about him not flying alone cause he needs a little extra help with immigration forms, etc. Plus, I want to be there to see his reaction for his first flight ever (selfish I know)!

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all my yardie women. I spent the ENTIRE weekend in the bed...this damn neck pain. The doctor gave me a new nerve pill that has me very dizzy and off balance. However, it really does help with the pain. Well, I took it early (supposed to only take at night right before bed because of the dizziness and off kilter feeling)...and I got up to get water and some fruit...I was bumping into furniture and walls. I went to sit on the toilet much later...and instead sat on the canister that holds extra toilet paper. Can you say OOOOUUUCCCHHH!!! Good thing I didn't just plop down or it could have been way worse. :wacko::blink:

Dang Jaws! Yes, as everyone has said, please be careful! That sounds like some crazy medication! I'll keep praying for your physical healing so perhaps you don't have to keep taking meds that can cause you as much harm as good!

I really do and I am so surprised that so many people want to come. I love you guys more than you will ever know. (L) It really is true how awesome all you ladies are, not only are some yardies coming but they are helping out with the details as well. (L)

thats so heartwarming dillon, i know ur wonderful beginning is just the start of great things to come.. mi wish mi ago.. cant' wait for the picss..

I wish I could go too! But I'll wait for the pics and pretend I was there celebrating with everyone! :yes:

Timeline
Where is the praying smilie??? I didn't think I jumped the gun @ first...now I think I should have waited until say this week to send it. I honestly didn't think DHL would deliver so fast. It should have just gotten there today. Oh well...what is to be...will be.

Hey Mich!!! ***mmmuuuaaahh***

Dills I am going to try and make it. Can I bring a friend with me...so she can drive for me?

Here ya go - :innocent: That's the best I got. I'm surprised that it is taking NVC so long to get the files out. I watched mine go and it got there within a day of them giving me my case # and telling me it was on it's way.

Jawi - how long of a trip is that for you?

I have a question, no sure if anyone can answer...

If you're fiance is in another country can they go through the US embassy in that country for their interview?

Yes. If they are permanently living there for a stretch of time. But, you have to say it when you file.

PM.....oh, #######.....the gal with LOUIS. He came through like that.

Iriecat?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((((((( MOVE )))))))))))))))))))))))....pushing everyone out the way...

Ha ha.....girlie you are always welcome. Give me 2 weeks to move in and you come.

May have news to....I hear there is going to be another training. Not sure if I am coming back that way yet or not. Will keep you informed when I know something.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.