SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
only until monday i have to save mi days for July definately a pop visit just hopefully i wont need my scarf and vaseline lmao nope i need a vacay i am going to enjoy the sun & rum i love having the airfare hook up lmao

Did I tell you that I was JEALOUS!!!! ---->Jealous bad pout :angry:

my friend boy toy works for the airline and he gets the airline vouchers that are expiring in a couple of days and havent been used because there is no re issuing on vouchers apparently he charges half for the flight but i get it for free :whistle:

Here it is again....JEALOUS BAD POUT ----> :angry:

Hey now none of that! lol you you will be there soon hopefully, actually it's kinda sad im going again cause Jah know mi need fi visit another country :whistle:

I pray so...I haven't been since August. SUCKS!!!! How often do you visit Jamaica?

woooow since Aug damn I think I need a addicted to Jamaica anonymous I’ve gone on 5 times within the last year :blink::whistle:

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i can't speak yet, i'm still in jamaica

but i know of a lot of ppl who left jamaica as professionals

and pretty much had to start at the bottom in the states because generally, work experience from certain other countries is not always well respected

so alot of ppl i know go there and start over as housekeepers, bus drivers, store clerks, etc.

about the money part, very few ppl i know have gone there and not made the kind of money they imagined they could make

i suppose everybody always feels they could make more money but most ppl who have left have been FAAAAR better off within a year of being over there

To follow up on that Bunz, do you ever hear people say they regret the decision of leaving Jamaica even though they had to start at the bottom again?

i do hear that sometimes but it is very very very rare

i know a few ppl who didn't want to start from the bottom and because they couldn;t get the job they wanted they came back here

but most ppl i know who have left have made the best of their situation and have been better off because of it

i suppose part of it is alot of them do not see coming back to jamaica as an option so they make it work for them in the us

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
woooow since Aug damn I think I need a addicted to Jamaica anonymous I’ve gone on 5 times within the last year :blink::whistle:

This is NOT by choice...trust me. I usually go about 3 times a year (mainly due to kids and vacation time)...and I say for two weeks at the minimum. I can't do the short trips...they just don't work for me.

My addiction started in 2000. The good thing is that I can finally see myself traveling somewhere different now.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My2rmylife, a mutual friend from Jamaica says hello.

a mutual friend?

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Got it! Where do you buy nut flour? I've never heard of such a thing.

I get it at Central Market, which is very similar to Whole Foods. But really, it's just finely crushed nuts. You can make it with a coffee grinder.

Well, I got my grades - A- from the teacher I hated (don't know how) and a B+ in my other class!!

Yay! Good job, Sus!

I think so - I was up at 5 am this morning baking banana bread and throwing brownstew pork into the crock pot. I just talked to him a little while ago and he sounds like a ball of emotions - excited, nervous and sad. He said his family just keeps staring at him trying to take one last look at him for awhile. :unsure:

SUCH a big day for you!!! I wish you the best!

:dance: What kind of mp3 player? What will be your first music add? I'm nosey!

Turns out the found package wasn't the mp3 player. I think that one is completely gone. I'm not too mad; it was a Sansa Clip 1 gb mp3 player that I got online for $14.99. I was gonna give it as a gift in Jamaica. But, since it didn't come, oh well. I still have my own iPod.

:ot:

DADA!!!! Thanks for the Maxwell info! I found the song...I never listen to the radio so I would have never known! I LOOOOOVVEEE it. It is called Pretty Wings!

Why am I yelling??? LOL

I'mma have to get this song. I love his voice.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all my yardie women. I spent the ENTIRE weekend in the bed...this damn neck pain. The doctor gave me a new nerve pill that has me very dizzy and off balance. However, it really does help with the pain. Well, I took it early (supposed to only take at night right before bed because of the dizziness and off kilter feeling)...and I got up to get water and some fruit...I was bumping into furniture and walls. I went to sit on the toilet much later...and instead sat on the canister that holds extra toilet paper. Can you say OOOOUUUCCCHHH!!! Good thing I didn't just plop down or it could have been way worse. :wacko::blink:

Dang Jawi easy gyal... That medicine must have you really messed up. Now will the side effects get better over time once your system gets used to it all? I hope the medicine does work. I hate when you take something and it has no effect and the doc says ," Well are you taking your meds??" Umm no what for...

Your incident about sitting on the toliet paper holder is as bad as sitting down when the toilet seat is up. I finally got my ex to start putting the toilet sit down when I told him if I fall in the toilet one more time in the middle of the night I swear I'm going to sit mi wet rass on em pillow. After dat me had no more splashes...

Timeline
only until monday i have to save mi days for July definately a pop visit just hopefully i wont need my scarf and vaseline lmao nope i need a vacay i am going to enjoy the sun & rum i love having the airfare hook up lmao

my friend boy toy works for the airline and he gets the airline vouchers that are expiring in a couple of days and havent been used because there is no re issuing on vouchers apparently he charges half for the flight but i get it for free :whistle:

Hey now none of that! lol you you will be there soon hopefully, actually it's kinda sad im going again cause Jah know mi need fi visit another country :whistle:

Jah knoa and yuh knoa to but fi some reason yuh keep going back to JA.. Ummm whose really at fault here?? LOL :whistle:

Edited by DaDa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My2rmylife, a mutual friend from Jamaica says hello.

a mutual friend?

Colin from Jamaica

oh ok tell him i said hi...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
I have a question, no sure if anyone can answer...

If you're fiance is in another country can they go through the US embassy in that country for their interview?

We talked about this last week. I don't know the answer...so A is headed back to Jamaica in about two weeks. I am actually a little worried now because my DS-230 beat my paper file to the Embassy. They have the electronic file but the paper file is not registered yet. The DS-230 got signed for yesterday @ the Embassy. I pray that I don't have to mail a 2nd copy (and pay another $40.00 US).

Do you think it will be okay since they do have the electronic file? :wacko::o:ph34r::blink::help:

I'm gonna say yes cuz we don't want any bad thoughts about it --- but honestly, you just never know.

Where is the praying smilie??? I didn't think I jumped the gun @ first...now I think I should have waited until say this week to send it. I honestly didn't think DHL would deliver so fast. It should have just gotten there today. Oh well...what is to be...will be.

Hey Mich!!! ***mmmuuuaaahh***

Dills I am going to try and make it. Can I bring a friend with me...so she can drive for me?

You can bring whoever you want. Just make sure when you RSVP you put the number of people in.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

If you're fiance is in another country can they go through the US embassy in that country for their interview?

Yes. If they are permanently living there for a stretch of time. But, you have to say it when you file.

PM.....oh, #######.....the gal with LOUIS. He came through like that.

I can't remember her name, but her fiance was Dominican and he worked in Jamaica. He had his interview at the US embassy there....cho it will come to me. He wasn't a resident in Jamaica, so I don't know how he was able to do that.

You are right. I just can't think of who it is either.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot:

DADA!!!! Thanks for the Maxwell info! I found the song...I never listen to the radio so I would have never known! I LOOOOOVVEEE it. It is called Pretty Wings!

Why am I yelling??? LOL

Girl I told you I thought I was close to the title. Isnt it lovely!!!!! Now you have it in my head but you know what sucks I always hear it while I'm at work and never in my car where I can blast it!!!! Wheni t comes on I try to sing some of the parts I do know. I feel for my co-workers I KNOW they want to tell me to shut the freak up but they know betta....LOL

As Simon would say on American Idol..." That Was Absolutely Dreadful"...

Timeline

We talked about this last week. I don't know the answer...so A is headed back to Jamaica in about two weeks. I am actually a little worried now because my DS-230 beat my paper file to the Embassy. They have the electronic file but the paper file is not registered yet. The DS-230 got signed for yesterday @ the Embassy. I pray that I don't have to mail a 2nd copy (and pay another $40.00 US).

Do you think it will be okay since they do have the electronic file? :wacko::o:ph34r::blink::help:

I'm gonna say yes cuz we don't want any bad thoughts about it --- but honestly, you just never know.

Where is the praying smilie??? I didn't think I jumped the gun @ first...now I think I should have waited until say this week to send it. I honestly didn't think DHL would deliver so fast. It should have just gotten there today. Oh well...what is to be...will be.

Hey Mich!!! ***mmmuuuaaahh***

Dills I am going to try and make it. Can I bring a friend with me...so she can drive for me?

Oh yes, Jawi. Please try to come!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I pray so...I haven't been since August. SUCKS!!!! How often do you visit Jamaica?

I told you I'm starting a club like AAA (Alcoholics Anonymous) but its called ATJ. Addicted to Jamaican/Jamaica. So you can be my first member.. So newly stand up introduce yourself and admit your addiction... LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.