SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

My mister's medical is tomorrow morning and poor baby is so nervous. He keeps asking me what things to bring and who he has to ask for when he gets there and where it is and what they're going to do to him. This is going to be a big accomplishment for him when he's all done with this. :yes:

Ditto what Sus said up to the partying. Since it was great weather here this weekend my kids and I did tons of chores around the yard, cleaned the house and my son scrubbed the winter season out of the car. I cleaned out 3 bags of stuff from my closet and dresser so A could at least have a section and two drawers.

I have been really hush about Anthony coming to my kids and family until I was sure. I told my kids on Saturday and my daughter has asked me at least a dozen times "is he really coming?? I'm so excited - I can't wait." As if the wait isn't hard enough - lol. We went grocery shopping on Saturday and she had to pick up lots of extras "cuz she knows he would like those".

T, you're giving me inspiration to do the same since I really need to. I was able to de-clutter a little this weekend but it seems to be a monumental task. However, I need to focus on the closet and drawer space for my mister as well. Maybe that will be the project this week in the evenings.

That is so cute about the grocery shopping and picking up things he'll like! :thumbs::yes::luv:

He'll be just fine. When it's over he'll wonder what he was so nervous about!! :thumbs:

Well Dillon told me I had to make at least a lil room for him! :yes: He kept telling me he wasn't bringing anything so I said ok, just wear my clothes then and I won't have to clean my closet. He has since decided he would pack a bag.

She was cute..now mind you she was picking up all the stuff SHE liked....

DADA were you watching I love money? I finally watched the finale and the reunion. I was hoping IT would take it all the way that would have been pure comedy.

Ok why is my old Boss all up in my business :girlwerewolf2xn: and my new Boss is like "Back Up"! So tomorrow we are having a meeting LOL this should be interesting, she is such a hater and never wanted to see me succeed! I'm not in your department any more leave me alone!!!! :ranting:

Good luck with that Philly. Great that your new boss is backing you up. :thumbs:

my friend boy toy works for the airline and he gets the airline vouchers that are expiring in a couple of days and havent been used because there is no re issuing on vouchers apparently he charges half for the flight but i get it for free :whistle:

Hmmm...good deal!! But I can't take the drama of having a boy toy.

girl me neither i know i would get caught as soon as i think about it lol it's so funny how she gets vouchers from him to see her other boy toy in JA :blink: sometimes women can be :devil:

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi ladies

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's what I keep trying to tell him too. Of course he won't believe me until it's done. :no:

This is some of the 'adjustment' stuff I was wondering about the other day. Like having to make room and thin out our wardrobes among other things. My mister keeps saying he won't have much to bring either. But then I told him, you better bring every article of clothing you own cause the only thing I'll be able to buy right away is warm stuff. Everything else will have to wait because this is a lot of $$$ output! If he were to come with nothing, that would mean a whole entire wardrobe to buy him.....NO SAH! :lol:

Of course your daughter was picking stuff she liked....but at least she was thinking of him too! :yes:

I couldn't imagine starting my warobe over from scratch, especially when I cleaned out some t-shirts that I had since the early 90's! But I've heard many say it so it must be one of the dreams bout farrin - new home = new clothes. But you're right, we could all get lots of new stuff for what all this costs.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ellis,

I'm not sure if he is going to Kingston to get the medical done but I would tell him to eat 1st or he will be ded fi hungry! Everyone recvs the same appointment and there are a gazillion people there, my Hubby was there at 8:00 and didn't get seen until 2:00. He will be just fine, but bring snacks :pop::yes:

Well I have been trying to catch kitties LOL, I haven't caught the long hair all brown cutie but I have Hubby on the lookout. My Neighbor ( the cat Doctor, LOL she isn't a real Dr. but she should be ) is going to give me Hancock her long hair that is Sookie's my new Kitty's best friend. She said she should never have separated them but didn't want Rudeboy II to be upset about another male in the house. She has a total of 12 cats right now ( she keeps saving them from the mean streets like me LOL) So she will gladly send him over to my house. Hubby approved the new addition, but isn't crazy about the long hair. He says he is gonna choke in his sleep :lol::blink: , and keeps questing when are we getting a dog :rofl:

I'm going to take a pic for you he is gorgeous!

i LOVE pets

i've always wanted a dog

but hubby says having a dog is animal slavery lol

so i'm warming up to cats

i just have to have a pet

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I will DEFINITELY try this recipe! But I'll substitute almond flour for regular, Splenda for sugar, nuts (or nut butter) for choc chips, and heavy whipping cream/water for milk.

Nat - why all the substitutes?

You're cruel Sus!!

My friend did it to me - I had to share my pain!

Thanks.....I was sitting here eating my cucumber when that showed up!! :angry:

girl me neither i know i would get caught as soon as i think about it lol it's so funny how she gets vouchers from him to see her other boy toy in JA :blink: sometimes women can be :devil:

Wow!! :blink: She has big kahunas...

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Anyway, lord willing JA soon come 4th of July weekend. If anyone is going to be that way PM and maybe we can link up, VJ style.

Ok, gotta run

Peace

Honey

Hi Honey, I'm planning to be there July 4th weekend. I hope to do a lot more around the island (besides Mobay) this time around. It'll be fun to link up with someone from VJ. I'll pm you.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline
Well I have been trying to catch kitties LOL, I haven't caught the long hair all brown cutie but I have Hubby on the lookout. My Neighbor ( the cat Doctor, LOL she isn't a real Dr. but she should be ) is going to give me Hancock her long hair that is Sookie's my new Kitty's best friend. She said she should never have separated them but didn't want Rudeboy II to be upset about another male in the house. She has a total of 12 cats right now ( she keeps saving them from the mean streets like me LOL) So she will gladly send him over to my house. Hubby approved the new addition, but isn't crazy about the long hair. He says he is gonna choke in his sleep :lol::blink: , and keeps questing when are we getting a dog :rofl:

I'm going to take a pic for you he is gorgeous!

Philly, I’m right there with you wit’ the long hair kitty. I have been stalking this little black one. I have an all black medium haired one but she’s older and has a white spot on her chest and the tip of her tail. My daughters want a kitten and this one is solid color all over. I love the solid color long hair cats. I just hope it’s a female.

Hubby is too funny talking 'bout he gonna choke in his sleep from the long hair. LOL

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i LOVE pets

i've always wanted a dog

but hubby says having a dog is animal slavery lol

so i'm warming up to cats

i just have to have a pet

Hi Bunz! I can see where hubby has a point with keeping a dog but at the same time, as long as they have a place to run and be a dog, there are definitely worse alternatives than being some human's pet!

For some people, it does take a while to warm up to cats but once you give them a chance, you can really become a 'cat person'. My mister got me a kitten last July and he didn't like them at all. Now he wishes he could bring the cat over to the U.S. when he comes! That cat has been his buddy and companion for a while now....when no one else is around, the cat is always there to keep him company. :yes:

Hi Sol!

Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

My mister's medical is tomorrow morning and poor baby is so nervous. He keeps asking me what things to bring and who he has to ask for when he gets there and where it is and what they're going to do to him. This is going to be a big accomplishment for him when he's all done with this. :yes:

Ditto what Sus said up to the partying. Since it was great weather here this weekend my kids and I did tons of chores around the yard, cleaned the house and my son scrubbed the winter season out of the car. I cleaned out 3 bags of stuff from my closet and dresser so A could at least have a section and two drawers.

I have been really hush about Anthony coming to my kids and family until I was sure. I told my kids on Saturday and my daughter has asked me at least a dozen times "is he really coming?? I'm so excited - I can't wait." As if the wait isn't hard enough - lol. We went grocery shopping on Saturday and she had to pick up lots of extras "cuz she knows he would like those".

T, you're giving me inspiration to do the same since I really need to. I was able to de-clutter a little this weekend but it seems to be a monumental task. However, I need to focus on the closet and drawer space for my mister as well. Maybe that will be the project this week in the evenings.

That is so cute about the grocery shopping and picking up things he'll like! :thumbs::yes::luv:

He'll be just fine. When it's over he'll wonder what he was so nervous about!! :thumbs:

Well Dillon told me I had to make at least a lil room for him! :yes: He kept telling me he wasn't bringing anything so I said ok, just wear my clothes then and I won't have to clean my closet. He has since decided he would pack a bag.

She was cute..now mind you she was picking up all the stuff SHE liked....

DADA were you watching I love money? I finally watched the finale and the reunion. I was hoping IT would take it all the way that would have been pure comedy.

Ok why is my old Boss all up in my business :girlwerewolf2xn: and my new Boss is like "Back Up"! So tomorrow we are having a meeting LOL this should be interesting, she is such a hater and never wanted to see me succeed! I'm not in your department any more leave me alone!!!! :ranting:

Good luck with that Philly. Great that your new boss is backing you up. :thumbs:

my friend boy toy works for the airline and he gets the airline vouchers that are expiring in a couple of days and havent been used because there is no re issuing on vouchers apparently he charges half for the flight but i get it for free :whistle:

Hmmm...good deal!! But I can't take the drama of having a boy toy.

Who? What? Huh? :huh:

What am I missing here?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I will DEFINITELY try this recipe! But I'll substitute almond flour for regular, Splenda for sugar, nuts (or nut butter) for choc chips, and heavy whipping cream/water for milk.

Nat - why all the substitutes?

lol... Because I think that I am insulin resistant, so I stay away from things that raise my blood sugar level too much & cause the pancreas to release a lot of insulin. That's why I use nut flour (finely crushed nuts) & Splenda instead of flour and sugar.

I'd substitute the heavy whipping cream cause I don't keep milk in the house, but usually have cream. I'd substitute the choc chips because, strangely, I don't like chocolate chips! Even in cookies, I like the chocolate FLAVOR, but not the chips. Give me a sugar or peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookie over a choc chip cookie anyday (except for these days, as I'm avoiding sugar).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Tell your supervisor/manager (my dad never let me say boss) to back up we're talking here.

Hecks yeah I watched!! Why is Taylor Made and I thinking about running for City Council?? I know they have to be joking... O.k. I missed the beginning of the finale and I Love Money 2 why is Sapphayri missing? I know I read on line she is serving 3 years for missing a court hearing for identity theft when she stole her uncles ID. I wonder if this is why she is missing. Did they say where she was at? I was flipping between the Apprentice and the reunion. Frenchie is a mess. She was cussing Prancer out in what I call broken English...

So Prancer had her boobs done? I think if she did I like how she didn’t go over board with it. It looks like Miami had something done too.

I tried to watch your For the Love of Daisy and I cannot get into it. I cant take looking at her and why do all her men keep quitting or leaving?? Seems like none of them are really feeling her. You see Brooklyn called his ex from her phone and I loved how she kept calling the house back. New York’s new show defiantly is a waste. No they don’t wan’t you to a pay a dollar a text to tell them if she did a good job or not. Like are you for real? I'm mad on Dancing with the Stars my girl Kim got the boot. She was really doing well.

O.k. I think that is my weeks recap.. LOL

DADA

Girl yes I can't beleive Tailor Made and IT, I thought it was a joke too because basically he is an idiot, but in politics stranger things have happened so I will stay tuned for that one!

As far as Sapphayri I hope that is not true because I really like her and thought she had a decent head on her shoulders, plus she is a business woman so I really hope this is not true! Did you see how IT dissed her on the reunion WOW!!!!! Damn shame!

Frenchie had me rolling I liked her personality she was funny and down to earth! Prancer was basically everything she said she was, and although she played the game like a true competitor but I still didn't like her she cried too much!

There is something a little off about MYammee or however you spelled it LOL and you are right she had some work done!

Ok as for Daisy even though I was really trying to watch she is a hot mess and is hard to look at, I am not into it at all. I DVR'd it yesterday but have no interest in watching ( Yawn) LOL

If NY don't sit her azz down with this foolnish! I rather see an I Love NY pt 3. Isn't there already a show like this in the Discovery channel, Dirty Jobs?

I was also sad to see Kin go, she deserved to stay in the final 3 she was very good but its not the 1st time a good dancer was voted off, look at Master P.... Ha Ha a Joke :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Hi everyone...hope you are all having a great day!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies !!!

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline

I was just hanging out in some other threads & saw something that gave me an idea:

1) So after you submit the I-129F, you're just waiting around for NOA2. (we ALL do this)

2) While waiting, get everything together for the interview. (most people do this)

3) Once you're ready for the interview, but still don't have NOA2 (if you're unlucky), gather all the AOS paperwork!

When I get back from Jamaica, I'll start working on #3. That way, after we get married, we can have more time for other stuff. :whistle:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.