SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells - that is awful - but honestly, talking to the woman is probably only going to make things worse - Labor laws in the US and labor laws in JA are night and day in difference

I know, but I can't help being infuriated! Just pay him his damn money so he doesn't have to hang out there all day while he's on 'suspension'!! :angry::angry:

Man! My mister has been at his job for 2 hours and they still won't pay him. They put him on suspension for some silly things and now the woman in the office is trying to tell him he's not entitled to pay while on suspension. I say BS! He worked and he's entitled to that compensation! If he has to wait much longer, I'm tempted to MAKE him give that lady his phone so I can have a word with her! They don't want to pay these guys anything so first they put them on rotation so they barely work enough to even afford taxi to and from work and THEN, they find petty things to suspend them over....he was suspended for a week for taking a tourist to another webcast and NOT their webcast that evening. The tourist friend had to pack for an early departure the next morning so it wouldn't have happened anyway. So they have found some other petty excuses to put him off work for the last week and now they won't pay him for the week he did work! They are breaking so many labor laws it's insane! They aren't even paying their guys the MINIMUM legal wage and whenever someone gets hurt (it happens often enough due to the nature of the business), they also don't cover any kind of compensation for medical treatment which legally they are also supposed to do. BUT if you complain there, you are out for good and have no income coming in....and are probably 'blacklisted' so it's harder to get another job in the area. They really do a supreme job of screwing workers there! I really want to blow the lid off of these practices and get it some attention but it seems like it would hardly be noticed....people are just content paying low prices for things while the workers get paid slave wages. :ranting::protest::ranting::protest::girlwerewolf2xn::angry::angry:

I see some things never change in JA. This has been going on forever. I doubt you will do much good in the change department, Ells.

I'm sure of that but one can always wish! As I wrote at the end, I doubt it would get any attention but it sure needs to! Jamaica will never get out of the mess it's in if they keep allowing this kind of treatment of the people that keep the economy going.

Not disagreeing at all, Ells. My comment has more to do with having seen this kind of treatment for the last 5 years, over and over and over again. Frustrating to say the least. But, like Sus said, very different laws then in the US.

You can drive yourself crazy on most of it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Man! My mister has been at his job for 2 hours and they still won't pay him. They put him on suspension for some silly things and now the woman in the office is trying to tell him he's not entitled to pay while on suspension. I say BS! He worked and he's entitled to that compensation! If he has to wait much longer, I'm tempted to MAKE him give that lady his phone so I can have a word with her! They don't want to pay these guys anything so first they put them on rotation so they barely work enough to even afford taxi to and from work and THEN, they find petty things to suspend them over....he was suspended for a week for taking a tourist to another webcast and NOT their webcast that evening. The tourist friend had to pack for an early departure the next morning so it wouldn't have happened anyway. So they have found some other petty excuses to put him off work for the last week and now they won't pay him for the week he did work! They are breaking so many labor laws it's insane! They aren't even paying their guys the MINIMUM legal wage and whenever someone gets hurt (it happens often enough due to the nature of the business), they also don't cover any kind of compensation for medical treatment which legally they are also supposed to do. BUT if you complain there, you are out for good and have no income coming in....and are probably 'blacklisted' so it's harder to get another job in the area. They really do a supreme job of screwing workers there! I really want to blow the lid off of these practices and get it some attention but it seems like it would hardly be noticed....people are just content paying low prices for things while the workers get paid slave wages. :ranting::protest::ranting::protest::girlwerewolf2xn::angry::angry:

I agree when I talk to Roc my heart just goes out to him. Lately he has been working insane hours at his resort and he tells me the pay wont be much more than if he would have worked his regular shift. So I ask him well why do you work the hours he sys because he needs his job to pay his bills. Its like take what you can get or don’t get anything at all. Its so so unfair. I think yesterday he worked from 8:00a.m- 1:30 a.m. That is insane!! He said he hates his resort he knows they are taking advantage of him and everyone else but what can you do. I wish I can tell him to quit but I cant afford to take care of him down there so he has no choice but to keep going but I just think its so unfair!!!

Ells...remember he is coming soon....so shift the focus on a successful interviews and safe flight to California. Mister is going to be moving to Cali For Nia!!!

Hey ..what part are you in?

KK

Dillon...mi gyal...I love the dress. Can't wait for the pictures!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And there will be lots of pictures as there are several yardies coming to the wedding!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
I agree when I talk to Roc my heart just goes out to him. Lately he has been working insane hours at his resort and he tells me the pay wont be much more than if he would have worked his regular shift. So I ask him well why do you work the hours he sys because he needs his job to pay his bills. Its like take what you can get or don’t get anything at all. Its so so unfair. I think yesterday he worked from 8:00a.m- 1:30 a.m. That is insane!! He said he hates his resort he knows they are taking advantage of him and everyone else but what can you do. I wish I can tell him to quit but I cant afford to take care of him down there so he has no choice but to keep going but I just think its so unfair!!!

You better believe I was checking out the Ministry of Labour web site this morning and read a few things but can't remember which pages I saw them on now. However, there are web pages on that site with the minimum wage workers are SUPPOSED to be paid although I'm sure most aren't.

http://www.mlss.gov.jm/pub/index.php

http://www.jis.gov.jm/labour/

But as others have said, there really isn't much a person can do about it....I doubt they enforce labor laws much.

Ells...remember he is coming soon....so shift the focus on a successful interviews and safe flight to California. Mister is going to be moving to Cali For Nia!!!

Hey ..what part are you in?

This is true Kim! It's just so frustrating cause he needs that little bit of money so he can EAT for cryin' out loud!! But I've told him he doesn't have to go back to that job cause I'll be there soon and he doesn't have to worry about money and then Lord willing, he'll come home with me and all of that will be over! (What's funny though is that he really likes his job most of the time! He likes talking with tourists and doing what he does. They apparently like him too cause last time they pulled him off suspension because visitors asked for him...they wanted him as their guide. I've seen it for myself the times I've visited. One tourist friend even had us follow them to RIU and gave him a new Motorola cell phone as a gift!)

I'm in San Francisco....but I'm not going to take him to the Castro district any time soon! LOL!!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline

Oh my goodness has anyone heard Maxwell's new song?? I'm not sure what’s it called but I know it talks about pretty wings (I think)... I love it...

Thanks 1luv...lets hope what they sent is just like that....for those of you who don't know I ordered this off of a website called tradetang....you order the dress and give them your measurements. Mine was 113.50 and that includes the shipping. The dress is made and shipped from China and I thought that it was too good to be true and could be a scam. But how this website works is you pay the money and they hold it until you get your dress and if you like it you go to the website and accept it. If you don't you can dispute it. So once you accept it the money is then given to the supplier. It is called escrow. So I will have to let you all know how the dress is once I get home.

There is another web site like this where you can ask for services for websites, business cards etc. You put the money is escrow people bid on the job you accept and once their work is completed you can opt to release the money to pay them..

I hope everything is to your liking. Will you have to kick C out to try it on?? What colors are your bridesmaids wearing??

Oh ya he is getting kicked out as soon as I get home. LOL! Good thing he is going to the barbershop today. When he called he was playing and told me he hung it up on a hanger for me. The colors are yellow and green.

I think you did tell us that my bad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies !! Just popping in before i go to work..

Lovesponge Today is your day !! Yay !! Whoo Hoo !! I'm So excited for u !!

Dillon : Love the dress its beautiful !!

Ells: sorry about your mr. and his situation ..its really hard down their where wrk is concered..

Well everyone ..enjoy the rest of the afternoon Happy Friday !! xoxoxo

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline

No the bridemaids dresses are yellow and green.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

June 27th

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Thanks

I'm confused... why did two sheets of paper cost $33.57???

Shrewdgal, I'mma do the same as you did: wait until we're in person to start The Love Dare. Fortunately, that only means waiting 8 days! :dance:

I wish I was going with you....sigh...that's exactly what I said. It was for DHL International Express 2-day service to the Embassy. A is currently in Canada...he will go back down to start running around for the interview...but no reason to send him back just to drop off the DS-230 if the interview could be 2-3 months away.

Good Morning Everyone...

Just got off the phone with C and he said my wedding dress was just delivered. I can't wait to go home to see it. :dance:

Woot! Woot! I wanna be the first call tonight you hear me??!! Dillon don't ignore me...I want to know all the details after all the searching we did for it. :wacko::star::dance:

10952228671.jpg

Aint it purty!!!??? I absolutely love this dress Dills...the other one was nice too...but I can totally see you in this one with your hair wavy and full. STUNNING!

Oh my goodness has anyone heard Maxwell's new song?? I'm not sure what’s it called but I know it talks about pretty wings (I think)... I love it...

Please don't lie to me...my baby does not have a new song out...and you can't remember the name of it! You have to find the name please...pretty pretty please with sugar on top? :unsure:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

How do I find out for sure that the Embassy has my case from the NVC? I never stopped to think that maybe it hasn't gotten there before I mailed off the DS-230...oh #######!!!! :crying::huh::ph34r::cry::oops:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Well ladies I'm Outtie 5000... To all the Mother's out there may you have a wonderful Mother's Day..

Regal by the time you log on I'll be off so have a blast mi dear and do everything I want to do and more!!!! :devil: Enjoy the sun and fun and remember to bite your tongue

( I know I know I need to do this myself but its easier to give advice then to take it..lol) and have the patience we both need to practice.. I'll be thinking of you!!!

Jawi I’m working on it for you.. Its so beautiful!! After hearing it you will be on the phone fi sure with A like How uuuuuu doing??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.