SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=191514&hl=

This :wow:

What about IDs. The same for IDs too?

The change won't affect any legal immigrants, ie no-one on here really, just the illegal immigrants.....

As for IDs, you can either have a state ID or a driving license, I understood was the same requirements for both...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
They closed the door on this then :(

Have a friend I was telling she needed to hurry up and get her license...ah well

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ST2009041403442

The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration will cancel scheduled appointments for 8,000 immigrants applying for driver's licenses and has stopped booking them in advance of a new law that will curtail driving privileges for illegal immigrants starting June 1.

Every driver in the state will be affected by the change by having to present a Social Security card or other proof that they are in the country legally to get a license.

As news of the measure -- passed in the final hour of the General Assembly session Monday -- coursed through the immigrant community, officials mobilized to change computer programs and launch a public information campaign. The current system has allowed hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants to drive but has made Maryland vulnerable to fraud by out-of-state motorists.

Illegal immigrants who have licenses can renew them once for a driving permit before they are cut off July 1, 2015, a date set in a compromise bill muscled through the House of Delegates and the more conservative Senate. The permit will not provide access to federal buildings or commercial airplanes.

We've had this in St. Louis for at least the last 2 years.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

LOL - no KK, the going off with no human contact is the honeymoon - We are getting married on May 23rd in Ochi at Mahogany Beach - starting to feel real now, lol -

Congratulations SUS!!!! I thought you were K1???? Obviously there have been some post I've missed. Again congratulations!

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Congratulations SUS!!!! I thought you were K1???? Obviously there have been some post I've missed. Again congratulations!

Wakey

Thanks Wakey - Up until now, we have been nothing, lol - DJ wants his family to be there - and we made the decision to get married there and then do K3 / CR1 - it might take a little longer, but if he is willing to move to another country for me, then I can do the wedding he wants for him (not that the thought of getting married in JA is killing me, lol)

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Wakey

Thanks Wakey - Up until now, we have been nothing, lol - DJ wants his family to be there - and we made the decision to get married there and then do K3 / CR1 - it might take a little longer, but if he is willing to move to another country for me, then I can do the wedding he wants for him (not that the thought of getting married in JA is killing me, lol)

Is anyone from your family going?

JAE -- i have to find an article on some people I know who got busted early this year (all jamaicans)....

would love to see!

Wakey

The K3/CR1 is the BEST way to go as far as I see it.

You can PLAN a wedding, and also no ####### with AOS as soon as he gets there....no periods of him sitting at home going crazy...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wakey

That is the sweetest thing. I'm happy for you. I think any process works as long as you end up with the one you love. Even it takes more time it's still worth it. Keep us posted on the wedding plans.

JAE -- i have to find an article on some people I know who got busted early this year (all jamaicans)....

would love to see!

Wakey

The K3/CR1 is the BEST way to go as far as I see it.

You can PLAN a wedding, and also no ####### with AOS as soon as he gets there....no periods of him sitting at home going crazy...

True!! We had to wait to get a DL and then the EAD.. it was really rough on my hubby.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Hey ladies, well i see yall have started up a new thread. i still dont have any net access as of yet, so im getting on whenever and wherever i can. I had a great trip and missed you all. Didnt get a chance to connect with Mrs Zahara,( phillyfashionista) but wondered did anyone hear of if she got an approval???

My kids absolutely loved JA, cant wait to go back and they loved D as well which was great. alright, work calls and i gotta go, hope to chat with you all tonight.

Honey

Honey mi missed yuh gyal!!!! Welcome back but I'm sure your not happy ta be back. The worst day for me besides my last day in JA is my first day back in the states... :crying:

Timeline
KK, that's an hour during ruch hour, if you went home for lunch, that would be a 30 to 45 min run. Use the 15 mins for the event, 5 mins shower the roll back to work in the next 30 45 mins. You will only be late for lunch for a 30 or 45 mins.

Yeah you just tell him to have his clothes off and be ready as you walk in the door. Then while you get out the car you start undressing. Kick that door open and be like Honey I'm home but by this time he should be butt naked waiting on the couch or floor for you. Shoot forget the shower take a ho$ bath get back in your car and be on your way back ta work!!!

Same as saying "yu coming for a quickie".

I just don't like quikies.

Shoot I do. Sometimes you don’t have time for all that you just have an itch you need scratched. I know we love to have them especially when I'm on my way to the airport. I swear I be at the door bags in hand its time to get in the car because I'm always running late You know you need to be at the airport two hours before your flight but I guess my Diva mode kicks in and I don’t get there until a hour before my flight. I'm not going to be satisfied until I miss my plane messing around.

Anyway as I was giving you all TMI… I be at the door trying to run and get in the car and it never fails Roc always grabs my waist like Dada*kiss* real quick*kiss*. You know I be like No Roc I got to go. But sure enough a few minutes later my bags are by the door by themselves and I'm :dance: .... LOL

Timeline
wah gwaan everybody

LOL@ DADA..u remind me on JAhoney...oonuh can sure talk

Hi Kimmy -

Dada can sure talk but oonuh nah read, lol

I know Sus mi sorry I seen your reply afta mi sent the reply :blush: .But come on give me some credit we have been asking you for over a week now bout de plans and you never answered us. Your getting as bad as Nat with the surprises.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
English - I thought you had to show papers anyway to get a DL in Maryland. I just don't understand what the change is. Maybe Roxie would know... Roxie??

Nope. Before this change, all you had to do was show proof of ID and Maryland residency....Ie, a Jamaican driver's license, a renter's agreement and a cable bill could have got you a license before they introduced this new bill. Now you have to have a social security number and proof of status etc...

Yes. Hubby and I went to the DMV to get him a Missouri ID last week, but were told his status still shows K1 so until he gets his EAD, he cannot get an ID. Mind you this is just for an ID not a driver's license and he already has a social security card. I am baffled. :unsure:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.