SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!!!

Sus - Thanks for annoucing the wedding date!! Count down continues.

English - I thought you had to show papers anyway to get a DL in Maryland. I just don't understand what the change is. Maybe Roxie would know... Roxie??

Hey Kimmy and Shemmy (waving) hahaha that rhymes.

It's a very raining day here in Maryland. I'm just going to finish my work and keep it positive.

VJ is a nice thread and it has helped me a lot. It's nice being able to say I'm not a newbie...But I still want my third heart. I guess I have a competitive side.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus...when is the wedding? Why the big secret? Oh is this when you are going off with no human connect in Jamaica?

LOL - no KK, the going off with no human contact is the honeymoon - We are getting married on May 23rd in Ochi at Mahogany Beach - starting to feel real now, lol -

Hey Sus...love Mahogany Beach....good luck can't wait to see the pictures.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Everyone!!!

English - I thought you had to show papers anyway to get a DL in Maryland. I just don't understand what the change is. Maybe Roxie would know... Roxie??

It's a very raining day here in Maryland. I'm just going to finish my work and keep it positive.

VJ is a nice thread and it has helped me a lot. It's nice being able to say I'm not a newbie...But I still want my third heart. I guess I have a competitive side.

WAH GWAAN KK....when Sus announce date? mi miss it ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hi, JaEnglish!

For those of you who already got the police record, did you have to bring 2 passport sized photos? It says so on the website, but I just got off the phone with a guy who works there and he said to bring a passport, TRN, and the $$ to that office, then go to Duke St for fingerprints. He didn't mention passport photos.

You need the photos, because it will be attached to the police certificates.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline
They closed the door on this then :(

Have a friend I was telling she needed to hurry up and get her license...ah well

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ST2009041403442

The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration will cancel scheduled appointments for 8,000 immigrants applying for driver's licenses and has stopped booking them in advance of a new law that will curtail driving privileges for illegal immigrants starting June 1.

Every driver in the state will be affected by the change by having to present a Social Security card or other proof that they are in the country legally to get a license.

As news of the measure -- passed in the final hour of the General Assembly session Monday -- coursed through the immigrant community, officials mobilized to change computer programs and launch a public information campaign. The current system has allowed hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants to drive but has made Maryland vulnerable to fraud by out-of-state motorists.

Illegal immigrants who have licenses can renew them once for a driving permit before they are cut off July 1, 2015, a date set in a compromise bill muscled through the House of Delegates and the more conservative Senate. The permit will not provide access to federal buildings or commercial airplanes.

JAE -- i have to find an article on some people I know who got busted early this year (all jamaicans)....

Hey Lawny!!! Are you enjoying this weather today?

Yes, Kimmy - May 23rd in Ochi...

KK I'm hating it, just got back from a meeting in Georgetown

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sus...:):):)...love the date..our anni is May 21st...4 yrs almost..time sure does fly..i know it will be beautiful

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Everyone!!!

Hi everybody. I'm so sleepy at work :sleepy:

Sus - cute slippers. Great wedding date :thumbs:

KK - I don't see the difference either. Getting Damien a DL in Maryland was harder than the visa process....glad that's over.

Timeline

oh..and KK..guess what? IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE AWESOME THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...YIPPEEEi think i'm comin out of my depression,..LOL

hey Shemmy..finesse how tings?

oh..and KK..guess what? IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE AWESOME THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...YIPPEEEi think i'm comin out of my depression,..LOL

:dance::dance: Dancing machine.. :dance::dance:

Spring will offically be here..I hope. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have the BEST photographer, so pictures should be great! :whistle:

I can't wait for spring - it was SLEETING this morning :cry:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Nope. Before this change, all you had to do was show proof of ID and Maryland residency....Ie, a Jamaican driver's license, a renter's agreement and a cable bill could have got you a license before they introduced this new bill. Now you have to have a social security number and proof of status etc...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I have the BEST photographer, so pictures should be great! :whistle:

I can't wait for spring - it was SLEETING this morning :cry:

IT MUST BE JAENGLISH..TAKING PICS... :thumbs::blush:

Either way..I'm looking forward to the pics. And your posts about the visa journey. You'll be a pro at it now.

Nope. Before this change, all you had to do was show proof of ID and Maryland residency....Ie, a Jamaican driver's license, a renter's agreement and a cable bill could have got you a license before they introduced this new bill. Now you have to have a social security number and proof of status etc...

What about IDs. The same for IDs too?

What about IDs. The same for IDs too?

The change won't affect any legal immigrants, ie no-one on here really, just the illegal immigrants.....

As for IDs, you can either have a state ID or a driving license, I understood was the same requirements for both...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.