SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Quana - I copied off Jonesie and got my hair flat ironed by an Ethopian lady. My hair was super duper straight and tall. Everyone thought I permed my hair. The natural sistas were rolling their eyes at me....it was funny. I surprised them all with a fro a week later.

I bet it was gorgeous....did you take pics?

Nope but I will next time. I used to go to the Domincans but they don't use flat irons then I have a crazy looking fro in 2 days. Want to get it done every week but it's hard when you sweat from working out.

Thanks Jonesie for the idea.

Where you find a ethopian shop?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana - I copied off Jonesie and got my hair flat ironed by an Ethopian lady. My hair was super duper straight and tall. Everyone thought I permed my hair. The natural sistas were rolling their eyes at me....it was funny. I surprised them all with a fro a week later.

Nope but I will next time. I used to go to the Domincans but they don't use flat irons then I have a crazy looking fro in 2 days. Want to get it done every week but it's hard when you sweat from working out.

In VA...there are 5 shops not far from my house. I will see if there's some in MD or DC.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So as a followup to my mess

Things are really hard. He has been calling me a couple of times a day apologizing and saying it happened one time and he got “caught up" and that it won't happen again. He staying with a co-worker.

The lady called a few days after she asked for money and admitted that she is not prego and that they were together once and she is sorry for making up the story about him and his friends. She said she feel hard for him and wanted to hurt him for him leading her on.

My mind is going a hundred miles per hours about the whole visa situation. I honestly never cared that he needed a greencard as long as he loved me too. So know that I’ve emailed the folks at the USCIS I’m having doubts. I don’t know if I believe that his cheating shows he was a fraud in the marriage.

The marriage is a whole-nother story that I’m not trying to think about right now.

Take your time Wakey and one step at a time. Dig deep inside yourself and you will know what the right answer is for you. Only you know that answer. (F)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

thats what i love bout the natural.. the versatility.. i can be knappy when i want and then straight too.. i cant wait to flat iron it.. maybe next week.. i hope they chi works.. i know they usually cost like $70, but i scrimped and got a $30 one..EEEKKK :unsure:

Timeline
You know I love you sis...but I am going to sit on my fingers until they bleed...and step away from this one. I don't think this is the place to discuss your situation...so I will keep my comments to myself.

I'm proud of you Jawi!. :innocent:

I get confused...a perm in the white world means making your hair curly. I always have to step back and think this through when you ladies get the hair talk going on.

In VA...there are 5 shops not far from my house. I will see if there's some in MD or DC.

Thanks Shemmy.

We gotta do another meet-up.

Timeline

thats what i love bout the natural.. the versatility.. i can be knappy when i want and then straight too.. i cant wait to flat iron it.. maybe next week.. i hope they chi works.. i know they usually cost like $70, but i scrimped and got a $30 one..EEEKKK :unsure:

What's a chi? This lady used two differnt flat irons.

Timeline
You know I love you sis...but I am going to sit on my fingers until they bleed...and step away from this one. I don't think this is the place to discuss your situation...so I will keep my comments to myself.

I get confused...a perm in the white world means making your hair curly. I always have to step back and think this through when you ladies get the hair talk going on.

One of my white friends perm her hair to make it straight because it's too curly.

Timeline

Thanks Shemmy.

We gotta do another meet-up.

Yes, we do. Are we inviting the men?

Timeline

lol.. sorry tanya.. i always TRY to remember to use the term "relax" when in mixed company LOL

Timeline
One of my white friends perm her hair to make it straight because it's too curly.

We always want the opposite...I used to perm mine to get curls! Now I just let it wig out whichever way it wants and call it a style. :wacko:

lol.. sorry tanya.. i always TRY to remember to use the term "relax" when in mixed company LOL

Tonks Chica!! I need someone to teach me how to do those little braids. My daughter is on this braid kick and told me the other day she wants the tiny ones. Now this is the same girl that gets one braid on each side and wants to call it a day.

Timeline

What's a chi? This lady used two differnt flat irons.

the chi is the ceramic plated flat iron.. it get MEGA hot and makes ur hair super straight.. i am lazy i hope to go just one time w/ the chi, LOL..

when my youngest get her hair pressed the lady press it then chi it.. stays straight for weeks

tanya.. girl i have two girls w/ hair down their back and i cant braid AT ALL.. its soo sad i think.. i could be saving sooo much money..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yardie crew.........waving...........

Can someone PLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE help this slow girl out today? I got what I think is considered NOA2 (the notice that says the US accepted our k-1 and forwarded it to kingston). Now what? I see people ask about emailing to drop off the DS 230 or something. What happenes? I just wait? They send him something? I send him something? And if we are thinking about delaying this process, at least for the time being.....what do I do?

Thanks for any input....much appreciated!

event.png

Timeline
Hey yardie crew.........waving...........

Can someone PLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSE help this slow girl out today? I got what I think is considered NOA2 (the notice that says the US accepted our k-1 and forwarded it to kingston). Now what? I see people ask about emailing to drop off the DS 230 or something. What happenes? I just wait? They send him something? I send him something? And if we are thinking about delaying this process, at least for the time being.....what do I do?

Thanks for any input....much appreciated!

hey mrslady!!! good to hear from u.. girl i don't know nothing bout this process u know.. hope somebody can filll u in.. still thinking huh???

Edited by dancehallquana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.