• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I ordered these today - aren't they cute?

4040.jpg

I love those! I had seen them, but I'm not getting married on the beach so I ouldn't get them. When are you getting married? In Ochi?

Thompson did you e-mail the embassy yet?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
I ordered these today - aren't they cute?

4040.jpg

I love those! I had seen them, but I'm not getting married on the beach so I ouldn't get them. When are you getting married? In Ochi?

Thompson did you e-mail the embassy yet?

Funny you should ask. I emailed them today asking for a Tuesday appt and really pushed it by saying May 5th would be the best. I was shocked when I received a reply two hours later saying May 5th at 1:30pm.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The catalog is here - some cost, but there are many free - you can search by price, low to high, which will list the free first.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.aspx

THank you!! :thumbs: I will let him know so he can have something to do tomorrow, lol.

Hi Mrs Buggy, glad to hear the hubby is settling in - has he started looking for jobs? Seeing what is out there, browsing the paper, might kill some time- or maybe some classes - Microsoft has free online ones -

Well, he's been looking online for jobs. But I will definitely tell him about the online classes... does he just go to microsoft.com??

Hello yardies!

Well, Derron has been here for 2 weeks... and aside from us having fun when I'm not at work.... HE'S BORED!! :huh:

He eats, sleeps and watches movie or is on the internet. He is finding it difficult cuz he is used to working. My poor baby... I don't know what else I can tell him to do while I'm at work. I can't wait til his SS comes in so he can look for a job.

On the bright side.. we went on our first road trip to visit our parents. That was alot of fun! He's been driving since he got here but the drive to my folks was 9 hours. So naturally after 3.5 hours, we stopped at his dads house for a night. Then travelled to my parents the next day. He was TIRED!! And on the return, he drove straight the 9 hours. He's still catching up on his rest, lol.

I was going to try and catch up form part 13.... but decided not to. I hope everyone is well.

Hello to the newbies!!

Congrats to all who have had good news!!!

(L)

Hey Mrs Buggy, you finally came up for some air. Your hubby is just going through a natural adjustment phase he will be fine when he starts working and making friends. This place is nothing like JA where everybody knows everybody and you can just walk down the road and link up with people playing dominos or football. People in the states tend to stay to themselves, I have been here for years and still dont know my neighbors :no:

LOL... yeah, I did decide that air is needed to survive! :rofl:

You are right... and I'm sure this will pass. After visiting our parents, who both live in small towns, he is extremely interested in moving to where they are at. That just does not sit well w/ me especially since I know he will make friends and learn the place here soon. But I told him if he still felt the same way by the end of the year... we'll talk about moving. I am praying now that once he starts working and getting around, that he decides that he he likes it here cuz I really, really don't want to move! I guess we'll see.

Girl I feel you on that one, my Boo has not even gotten here yet and he is already talking about FT Lauderdale because he has a job waiting for him there and a lot of his family is there. I am like :no: I have my family here in Orlando and even though I really like FT Lauderdale I am not sure I want to move either.

OKAY! Well... I know prayer works... so that's what I'll be doing.

Alright yardies... I'm off to home now... hubby is waiting for me downstairs. I'll try and make it tomorrow... but for sure on thursday!! Have a great night... and super Hump Day!!!

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The catalog is here - some cost, but there are many free - you can search by price, low to high, which will list the free first.

THank you!! :thumbs: I will let him know so he can have something to do tomorrow, lol.

Hi Mrs Buggy, glad to hear the hubby is settling in - has he started looking for jobs? Seeing what is out there, browsing the paper, might kill some time- or maybe some classes - Microsoft has free online ones -

Well, he's been looking online for jobs. But I will definitely tell him about the online classes... does he just go to microsoft.com??

Hello yardies!

Well, Derron has been here for 2 weeks... and aside from us having fun when I'm not at work.... HE'S BORED!! :huh:

He eats, sleeps and watches movie or is on the internet. He is finding it difficult cuz he is used to working. My poor baby... I don't know what else I can tell him to do while I'm at work. I can't wait til his SS comes in so he can look for a job.

On the bright side.. we went on our first road trip to visit our parents. That was alot of fun! He's been driving since he got here but the drive to my folks was 9 hours. So naturally after 3.5 hours, we stopped at his dads house for a night. Then travelled to my parents the next day. He was TIRED!! And on the return, he drove straight the 9 hours. He's still catching up on his rest, lol.

I was going to try and catch up form part 13.... but decided not to. I hope everyone is well.

Hello to the newbies!!

(L)

Hey Mrs Buggy, you finally came up for some air. Your hubby is just going through a natural adjustment phase he will be fine when he starts working and making friends. This place is nothing like JA where everybody knows everybody and you can just walk down the road and link up with people playing dominos or football. People in the states tend to stay to themselves, I have been here for years and still dont know my neighbors :no:

You are right... and I'm sure this will pass. After visiting our parents, who both live in small towns, he is extremely interested in moving to where they are at. That just does not sit well w/ me especially since I know he will make friends and learn the place here soon. But I told him if he still felt the same way by the end of the year... we'll talk about moving. I am praying now that once he starts working and getting around, that he decides that he he likes it here cuz I really, really don't want to move! I guess we'll see.

Girl I feel you on that one, my Boo has not even gotten here yet and he is already talking about FT Lauderdale because he has a job waiting for him there and a lot of his family is there. I am like :no: I have my family here in Orlando and even though I really like FT Lauderdale I am not sure I want to move either.

Alright yardies... I'm off to home now... hubby is waiting for me downstairs. I'll try and make it tomorrow... but for sure on thursday!! Have a great night... and super Hump Day!!!

I feel for you, mr jengs came to boston where my family was a month after coming here and we moved a year later. it is hard for them because they are used to being around family and people they know. I actually liked being a way from my family but realized it was better for the kids, me because of the support I have now with the kids and him because he likes being around family. He hasn't really made friends because he is picky of the people he hangs out with.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Hello yardies!

Hello to the newbies!!

(L)

I feel for you, mr jengs came to boston where my family was a month after coming here and we moved a year later. it is hard for them because they are used to being around family and people they know. I actually liked being a way from my family but realized it was better for the kids, me because of the support I have now with the kids and him because he likes being around family. He hasn't really made friends because he is picky of the people he hangs out with.

I know, sometimes I feel bad like he is moving from another country to be with me and I guess it wouldnt hurt me to move a few miles to make him happy. I dont know what to do??? Are you happy with your move?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Hello yardies!

Hello to the newbies!!

(L)

I know, sometimes I feel bad like he is moving from another country to be with me and I guess it wouldnt hurt me to move a few miles to make him happy. I dont know what to do??? Are you happy with your move?

Im worried about the adjustment my fiance will go through when he get to come here... he is leaving his family he has a few friends but they are states away...It probably too early to be worried about that but i want him to feel comfortable

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bump and Hi to all! It has been forever. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

We will be celebrating 2 years of hubbies arrival at the end of May.

Reading about the adjustment brings me back to the first year. :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

You guys will be fine. My husband is a very social person and made his own friends. He started college after 2 months here and became very involved in many reggae bands. We found a Jamaican grocery store, cook shop and reggae club. I would say as long as he can find a passion in something he loves to do you will be fine. Take it one step at a time. For us the first year was rough and now life is great after the adjustment period.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

If anyone lives in the Chicago area. My husband band Dub Dis play at the Wild Hare on Tuesday nights. No cover charge. http://www.wildharemusic.com/ :star:

One Love

J

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
You guys will be fine. My husband is a very social person and made his own friends. He started college after 2 months here and became very involved in many reggae bands. We found a Jamaican grocery store, cook shop and reggae club. I would say as long as he can find a passion in something he loves to do you will be fine. Take it one step at a time. For us the first year was rough and now life is great after the adjustment period.

Thnaks that makes me realize that my worries are for nothing ... im sure all will be well. I am so grateful to have found this site and everyone is so eager to share their experiences and advise.Cause lately it been getting hardier to be away from him

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

This site is wonderful and full of support when you need it. :star:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
This site is wonderful and full of support when you need it. :star:

yeah i see that and its great cuz my friends try to understand but they dont get it ..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Timeline
Sooooooooooooo..........friends of mine (Jamaican) went to NY. While they were there, as is done in Jamaica, one of the guys peed on the street in a corner. NYPD blue arrested him there and then, he was lucky to only spend ONE night in jail. Judge was lenient (apparently) and told him the offence will lie on file for 6 months, and let him go.

Please, PLEASE tell your SO's this story, would hate to see them get in trouble...I know a lot of Jamaican men think it's nothing big...

Mawin English;

Girl, I told my husband that wayyyyy before he left Jamaica and some other things he can't do in the states, because this is not YARD. Your friend is not alone, I had a friend who pulled over in rockcreek park to peee and the office was standing there looking at him, he just says what's up to the officer and went to get back in his car, he was detained. He told the office that he just got here about 3 days ago and he thought because it was the bush it would be okay. So, the office gave him a break and told him you can't do this anywhere in the US and that next time another office wouldn't be so nice and he would be in jail.

I have friends, who burn trash in the yard, another thing you can't do unless you live in a rural area or walk down the street with a machette to chop our a neighbors yard...while my husband thinks a lot of rules here are strict, he adapted very well.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Goodmorning to all

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.