SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sighh so we have training tuesday thru friday from 9 to 3:30 which means no VJ boohooohooo imma miss yall

Aww newly!!!!! So now who will I have to rant too?? LOL Did you tell them people you have things to do? How dare they!! I feel like Cellie and Nettie on Color Purple (As she claps her hands) Me and you will never part.... :rofl:

lmao**baby come back we can do it all again** i love those sweeper comercials dont worry i learned how to get on my phone it's a wrap now lol

Haha you stupid!!!! But those commercials do crack me up...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all = I am just popping in here quick, then back to my last paper - I took a vacation day, because there is no other way that I was going to get it done.

To give a brief overview on my situation - still not sure what is going on or going to happen, besides the fact that we aren't getting married this month. Long story short, we had an argument and he went into shut down mode - not calling, not answering my calls - up until this weekend when he decided he was ready to talk. We had a very long long talk last night - I still don't know what will happen or where we are going - I told him that he has a lot to prove to me - because I grew up in a family that argued, said nasty things, shut down and ignored each other, then acted like it never happened - I refuse to live my life like that - and if he can't overcome that and talk to me when he's upset, we have no future.

So, I don't know what I am feeling at the moment - still kinda numb. I don't think I am ready to just give up - but I definitely have put a wall up.

I'm so sorry to hear this Sus...I agree that he needs to understand that shutting down is not an acceptable way to deal with issues. A will tell me that he wants to calm down first...or he is too angry to talk about it at that point objectively and with love. So, we try to respect each other now because we want to always fight fair. It doesn't always happen...but we have not had any major blow ups with us being totally disrespectful of each other.

Of course we don't see eye to eye on everything by no stretch of the imagination. He has learned how to diffuse my wrath too...he can tell when I'm about to open up the floodgates...but we never just stop communicating.

Good for you standing up for what you believe in...I don't believe you will have to walk away though. He will get it...he loves you...so he has no choice but to get it.

Good afternoon everyone....got some good news to share...My hubby finally landed a job...he got the job at applebees as the field cook but right now they have him working in the freezer loading it with meats and sorting them...and doing other little things...it hasn't been that busy in their with customers so he hasn't worked a lot of hours...he started saturday and worked sunday and they only gave him 3 hours for each of those days...plus they are not starting him at what he expected...the guy who hooked him up with the job told him he would start at 10 put they only starting him with 8... :angry: ...was pretty disappointed with that but nevertheless am happy that he finally working...they do give raises every 3 months so thats a good thing...he likes it though...he said the people there are really nice and cool...he said so far he find no faults....he will be working the evening shift from 5 to 2am though starting this friday so more hours should be coming his way...he still wants to try to get another job in the morning...my best friend mom who is his cousin is trying to get him a job at this supermarket that she goes to always...she is cool with the manager so she is going to see if she can get him a job as a stock person in the mornings...we will see....

P.S. Went to the doctor saturday and found out I will be having a.....drum roll please.....GIRL!!!!!....pretty excited....we both wanted a boy at first but we are getting into the groove of things with having a girl.... :luv:

congrats on all the great news Jgay! Hubby has a new job and there is a new bambino on the way...Blessings all around...your cup runneth over!

Yes, rarely but it happens. Most still get away with murder. One of my co-workers was home 3 days last week because she didn't have money to get to work...she needed it for the weekend :blink: . One hasn't stepped foot in this office in a year....working from work...yeah right. Another is off 4 months to take care of your husband who is recovering from back surgery...haven't seen one doctor's note yet :blink: I'm so frustrated.

I'm being judged unfairly at work for the same thing. It hurts that people can't see past their own judgements because of an increased workload or frustrated bosses. Most don't get it until it is in their own back yard. Once she satisfied the requirements for FMLA...she does not have to bring a doctor's excuse to work. As a matter of fact, we cannot even keep copies of doctor's notes or FMLA claim info in our employees HR files. I don't wish what I'm going through on anyone. Shemmy try to stay objective and think what if it happened to your hubby or yourself. You don't want someone thinking that you are slacking off while you are taking care of your husband because it is not easy for the person with the back surgery or the person taking care of them. Love you much babes.

Sus... reading your post earlier really struck me on a personal level. No need for me to go into details, but know that I'm praying for your situation.

I'm home by myself. Right now, the most painful thing is my right hand. They couldn't find a vein and seemed to wiggle the needle all in that hand. It was VERY painful. But then they switched to the left hand and it was fine. When they woke me up afterwards, the only pain I felt was in my right hand. Mouth still numb, so I can't speak clearly. I didn't know in advance that I could drink liquids only for 2 days. I had a whole menu planned with creamy spinach soup & protein shakes with strawberries blended in. They said no spinach in the soup and no strawberries in the protein shake (cause of the seeds).

I look hideous with this contraption around my face. I'll probably post a picture on Facebook.

On a positive note, I hope to lose a couple of lbs from this experience!

I wish you a speedy recovery NatPat. I hate when the person doesn't know how to properly administer an IV or take blood. Remember not to drink from a straw...you do NOT want dry socket. Remember to follow directions carefully on changing the packing in your mouth too...not too often or it won't clot properly.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Yeah. Since I did not grow up here I opt out of the mother's day and other holidays. Except for the one's I like--New Year's Eve, Cinco De Mayo etc. any holiday that celebrates drinking. Everyone at work knows I don't celebrate holidays so they sign me up to work for all holidays. I don't mind. My daughter does not mind either her father's family make up for all that. They even celebrate groundhog day and flag day with a barbecue. My mom just gets her birthday and a kiss and hug for Mother's Day!

Where did you grow up? I thought most countries at least on the western hemisphere celebrate Mother's day.

I look forward to next weekend. Gyptian is coming to town and it's Mother's Day :dance: .

Does anyone have any special Mother's Day plans for you or your mother?

Where is Gyptian going to be? I love his songs.. Never seen him perform though. :blush:

I am technically a Ghanaian and NO we do not celebrate Mother's Day and it is not on the WESTERN HEMISPHERE. We acknowledge Christmas, Easter, Ghana's Independence Day and other relevant holidays associated with that country.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
I am technically a Ghanaian and NO we do not celebrate Mother's Day and it is not on the WESTERN HEMISPHERE. We acknowledge Christmas, Easter, Ghana's Independence Day and other relevant holidays associated with that country.

Where in Ghana are you from? I spent a week in Ghana some years ago: Accra & Kumasi. It was part of a month-long trip to Africa. The other 3 weeks were in The Gambia with a weekend trip to Senegal. I definitely noticed a huge difference in each country.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Where in Ghana are you from? I spent a week in Ghana some years ago: Accra & Kumasi. It was part of a month-long trip to Africa. The other 3 weeks were in The Gambia with a weekend trip to Senegal. I definitely noticed a huge difference in each country.

I am from a suburb of Accra called Odumase, about 40 mins away. Do you plan to return there anytime soon? Let me know. Much props to you. I admire people who reach out of their comfort zone to learn about other cultures besides theirs.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yea we are hoping for Friday the 8th, but he has not gotten the passport back yet and I am not booking the flight until he gets it in his hands.

Don't plan anything until he has it - we have been waiting 19 days to get A's back from the embassy.

Did you contact the Embassy IW? His passport is ready and waiting for him to pick it up :dance::dance:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
I am from a suburb of Accra called Odumase, about 40 mins away. Do you plan to return there anytime soon? Let me know. Much props to you. I admire people who reach out of their comfort zone to learn about other cultures besides theirs.

No time soon, but one day.

Did you contact the Embassy IW? His passport is ready and waiting for him to pick it up :dance::dance:

Yay! So have you decided on an entry date?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Yea Nat, this friday. I really want him to come Wednesday but he sayin he has to wash :diablo: I told him to bring his dirty clothes and I will was them when he gets here.lol

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: Timeline
Yea Nat, this friday. I really want him to come Wednesday but he sayin he has to wash :diablo: I told him to bring his dirty clothes and I will was them when he gets here.lol

I know thats right :lol::lol:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

aww its great you and him will be together again .... congrats i know your excited

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

I know, it just hit me my baby is COMING HOME. LOL I got some cleaning and washing to do myself. OMG I am soooooo excited :dance::dance:

Adel Bestavros

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know, it just hit me my baby is COMING HOME. LOL I got some cleaning and washing to do myself. OMG I am soooooo excited :dance::dance:

:thumbs: You have every right to be excited. :star:

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

:dance: Congrats girl I am soooo happy for you! :dance:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Congrats Jgay! I love the name Caisse (KC). The spelling looks french. So glad u broke it done for us cuz I would have had a hard time pronouncing it.

Congrats Jgay,

Wonderful news, new baby and Hubby got a new gig! :thumbs:

I agree I said it was french too :yes: fabulous!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Afternoon/Evening Yardies! Whew! Took me all day to catch up.

Oh and I deserve a pat on the back it’s been ova a week and I haven’t sent any mean text…lol

Good job DaDa on keeping it nice! :thumbs:

Morning all = I am just popping in here quick, then back to my last paper - I took a vacation day, because there is no other way that I was going to get it done.

To give a brief overview on my situation - still not sure what is going on or going to happen, besides the fact that we aren't getting married this month. Long story short, we had an argument and he went into shut down mode - not calling, not answering my calls - up until this weekend when he decided he was ready to talk. We had a very long long talk last night - I still don't know what will happen or where we are going - I told him that he has a lot to prove to me - because I grew up in a family that argued, said nasty things, shut down and ignored each other, then acted like it never happened - I refuse to live my life like that - and if he can't overcome that and talk to me when he's upset, we have no future.

So, I don't know what I am feeling at the moment - still kinda numb. I don't think I am ready to just give up - but I definitely have put a wall up.

Sus, I'm with everyone else in praying for you and hoping you get clarity on what to do soon. (L)

Girl why Roc tell me yesterday em told his landlord ta cut his cable cut off.. :unsure: He said he just doesn’t see the sense in paying fi it when he’s never there or most of the channels don't come in or nothing is on. He said all that is ever on is some sponge bob brick pants and he doesn’t watch that.. Girl I lol but in my head I'm like o.k. so when I come I'm supposed to do what? I’m one of them people that sleeps with the tv on and I always wake so early before him because my body is on my work schedule that normally to pass the time I'll turn on the t.v. I can just picture myself laying or sitting there like :whistle: .

I'm like Nat, don't even care to watch TV in JA. And, I too can think of other things to do besides watch TV! :P

Good afternoon everyone....got some good news to share...My hubby finally landed a job...he got the job at applebees as the field cook but right now they have him working in the freezer loading it with meats and sorting them...and doing other little things...it hasn't been that busy in their with customers so he hasn't worked a lot of hours...he started saturday and worked sunday and they only gave him 3 hours for each of those days...plus they are not starting him at what he expected...the guy who hooked him up with the job told him he would start at 10 put they only starting him with 8... :angry: ...was pretty disappointed with that but nevertheless am happy that he finally working...they do give raises every 3 months so thats a good thing...he likes it though...he said the people there are really nice and cool...he said so far he find no faults....he will be working the evening shift from 5 to 2am though starting this friday so more hours should be coming his way...he still wants to try to get another job in the morning...my best friend mom who is his cousin is trying to get him a job at this supermarket that she goes to always...she is cool with the manager so she is going to see if she can get him a job as a stock person in the mornings...we will see....

P.S. Went to the doctor saturday and found out I will be having a.....drum roll please.....GIRL!!!!!....pretty excited....we both wanted a boy at first but we are getting into the groove of things with having a girl.... :luv:

Congrats Jgay on all the good news!

His passport is ready and waiting for him to pick it up :dance::dance:

Congrats Lovesponge! So, just curious, how many days did it take from the interview till he received the visa?

Oops...I just thought to look at your timeline and it looks like they got it to you in 5 days! Something to give me hope!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.