SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone....got some good news to share...My hubby finally landed a job...he got the job at applebees as the field cook but right now they have him working in the freezer loading it with meats and sorting them...and doing other little things...it hasn't been that busy in their with customers so he hasn't worked a lot of hours...he started saturday and worked sunday and they only gave him 3 hours for each of those days...plus they are not starting him at what he expected...the guy who hooked him up with the job told him he would start at 10 put they only starting him with 8... :angry: ...was pretty disappointed with that but nevertheless am happy that he finally working...they do give raises every 3 months so thats a good thing...he likes it though...he said the people there are really nice and cool...he said so far he find no faults....he will be working the evening shift from 5 to 2am though starting this friday so more hours should be coming his way...he still wants to try to get another job in the morning...my best friend mom who is his cousin is trying to get him a job at this supermarket that she goes to always...she is cool with the manager so she is going to see if she can get him a job as a stock person in the mornings...we will see....

P.S. Went to the doctor saturday and found out I will be having a.....drum roll please.....GIRL!!!!!....pretty excited....we both wanted a boy at first but we are getting into the groove of things with having a girl.... :luv:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

congrats jgay...things r coming along...wah dem sey sunshine comes after the rain? LOL

yippeee..a baby girll..awww I love the girls !! so now u can start looking for names

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
KK - sorry to hear about your co-worker. We had to dismiss a few employees last week but they had years of warnings...the gov'ment is crazy.

Sus - Hope everything work out for you. No relationship can work without communication...have to remind myself of the same thing. Good luck to you.

What someone actually got fired from Govt job? You have got to be kidding me. It takes forever to get someone fired.

Yes, rarely but it happens. Most still get away with murder. One of my co-workers was home 3 days last week because she didn't have money to get to work...she needed it for the weekend :blink: . One hasn't stepped foot in this office in a year....working from work...yeah right. Another is off 4 months to take care of your husband who is recovering from back surgery...haven't seen one doctor's note yet :blink: I'm so frustrated.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hubby dragged me out on the track. I jogged, but I am so out of shape. my muscles are aching Other that that I feel great!

Going out to dinner for mothers day

Hi 1luv. How is the family?

I overlooked this. The family is great. How is urs?

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

KK - sorry to hear about your co-worker. We had to dismiss a few employees last week but they had years of warnings...the gov'ment is crazy.

Sus - Hope everything work out for you. No relationship can work without communication...have to remind myself of the same thing. Good luck to you.

What someone actually got fired from Govt job? You have got to be kidding me. It takes forever to get someone fired.

Yes, rarely but it happens. Most still get away with murder. One of my co-workers was home 3 days last week because she didn't have money to get to work...she needed it for the weekend :blink: . One hasn't stepped foot in this office in a year....working from work...yeah right. Another is off 4 months to take care of your husband who is recovering from back surgery...haven't seen one doctor's note yet :blink: I'm so frustrated.

I'm sorry but I find this so funny that they would let this go on for so long.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

u meant home right?

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus... reading your post earlier really struck me on a personal level. No need for me to go into details, but know that I'm praying for your situation.

Girl why Roc tell me yesterday em told his landlord ta cut his cable cut off.. :unsure: He said he just doesn’t see the sense in paying fi it when he’s never there or most of the channels don't come in or nothing is on. He said all that is ever on is some sponge bob brick pants and he doesn’t watch that.. Girl I lol but in my head I'm like o.k. so when I come I'm supposed to do what? I’m one of them people that sleeps with the tv on and I always wake so early before him because my body is on my work schedule that normally to pass the time I'll turn on the t.v. I can just picture myself laying or sitting there like :whistle: .

Even though in America, I wouldn't think to not watch one of my many shows, when I'm in Jamaica, I can easily go without tv. So much other stuff to do there... :whistle:

Nat i had my wisdom teeth pulled..and girl I didn't know my left hand from my right..so i hope someone is with u..

I'm home by myself. Right now, the most painful thing is my right hand. They couldn't find a vein and seemed to wiggle the needle all in that hand. It was VERY painful. But then they switched to the left hand and it was fine. When they woke me up afterwards, the only pain I felt was in my right hand. Mouth still numb, so I can't speak clearly. I didn't know in advance that I could drink liquids only for 2 days. I had a whole menu planned with creamy spinach soup & protein shakes with strawberries blended in. They said no spinach in the soup and no strawberries in the protein shake (cause of the seeds).

I look hideous with this contraption around my face. I'll probably post a picture on Facebook.

On a positive note, I hope to lose a couple of lbs from this experience!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
oohh wow shem..ok can i work for u !

Sorry...meant to say..one has been working from home for a year.

None of the managers will not do anything. My superviser is stressed out...I just sit here, do my work and shake my head all day. These cases are in my office...don't get me started on the other employees.

Congrats Jgay :dance:

Timeline

wow Nat..a contraption..LOL...yea i figured the seeds would be a problem...my husband came to get me in recovery he was scared..LOL worried if I;m gonna be ok..silly man

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

u meant home right?

Yeah...from home. It's hard working from home in HR due to meetings with employees and managers. Most cases are senistive so we cannot work on most things from home. I have no idea how she is getting away with it.

Everything is good with us 1luv...I'm blessed.

Afternoon Ladies ( waving) I have been trying to say Hi all morning LOL. I am moving my desk out of my old department and its hectic because I am still trying to work in between...... Crazy day. My old boss is not speaking to me, she is hotter than fish grease about my promotion! Oh Well Jah Rastafari Bun down Babylon! :star:

I will try and catch up latah when I am all moved into my nice new cozy home :dancing:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I;m the opposite DADA my parents never yelled...but i do..i have learned to control it much better now...let me tell yuh

Guys to we see a trend in some of our Jamaican men? shutting down? is this their culture, is it society..what is it?

Sus..I'm very proud of ur decisions to not settle. I can't tell u how much..u made me proud to be a women more so more because I went thru this visa process..we love our men but we should not conform..especially when the actions of the men are unjustifiable..Our culture in Jamaica allows our men to get away with too much...we need a change

maybe women should accept the fact that they are liberated

hey Honey..how u how the biys..how ur plans going?

I have no idea why Roc shuts down.. He should know by now that I can be trusted and I want to know what’s up. I told him I fell I love with him because in the beginning when he was in his con artist mode he shared a lot with me and was very affectionate and open now that he has put his wall down slightly and showed me the true him he is the complete opposite..

O.k. legz help mi understand something if you can? Do you know why Jamaican men tend to get so upset when they see you talking to other guys? I for one know I am very friendly and yes maybe a little flirty but I guess that is because here in the states the men I have dated never had a problem with me speaking or talking to other men. I guess they knew I was going home with them at night so they were cool with it. When I’m in JA I noticed that whenever I speak to men Roc would get upset or have an attitude. The last time I was there I was talking to a gentlemen and girl Roc got off his stool and gave me a look to say that’s enough. It wasn’t a scary mi gwaan lick yuh pon yuh head look but a stern look ta say dat is enough.

This weekend we had a chat and he finally told me that he feels I am very disrespectful by always talking. He said you know what the men are going to say so why stop keep it moving. I told him well here if you do that its considered rude. No you don’t have to talk lengthy but you do acknowledge him. He disagreed and he went with his usual well here in JA that is considered disrespectful and rude.

I have no idea why Roc shuts down.. He should know by now that I can be trusted and I want to know what’s up. I told him I fell I love with him because in the beginning when he was in his con artist mode he shared a lot with me and was very affectionate and open now that he has put his wall down slightly and showed me the true him he is the complete opposite..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.