SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone. i have not been on for awhile because me and husband are having problems. We are on the verge of getting divorced. About a month ago i got a phone call from a girl he has been seeing since last september. he began seeing when i went to atlanta to spend some time with his mother because i needed with the baby. I was depressed at that time and he wouldn't help me with the baby so when she ask to come i said. Now i jus found out that he has another girl in jamaica who he is planning to visit in the summer. After the girl called he beg me stay and try to work it out but there is just so much i can take and no more. I just filed to remove the condition on my visa but i don't want to be here anymore. he is saving up his money for when he goes to jamaica so they can have a good time while me and his child is here without money. i have beeen trying to go into a shelter because i have no family here to take me in nad can't afford the ticket to go home and he won't buy it. he says if i take the baby and leave i must not call for anything. I am jus sick of him and want to get out. help

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations Roxie, this is the easy part, the worst is over!!!

JaPrincess, what a beautiful story I was like Ells when I was reading it :cry:

JaEnglish congrats its good when they know how much your worth now maybe you can make some demands, the ball is in your court. Just pray on it and you will make the right decision.

Regal I will try to give precise updates on my experience with the hopes that I can help someone, I know I was living through yardies just waiting to hear how it went or what happened. It just gave me that much more hope that my time was coming soon.

Ok, so for those going on Interviews soon I definatly reccomend Medallion Hall Hotel, it was very clean and well upkept. The cost is about 6000.00JA per night but it includes a continental breakfast and the staff is really nice.

I also reccommend Cuttys for dinner. It is a sports bar in New Kingston, the food is GREAT. I ate there both nights and although the food isnt cheap its not that expensive either and well worth the $.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jodie, I'm so sorry to read what you are going through! There has been enough heartbreak for the yardies recently. You don't deserve to be dealing with this with a baby and just trying to get adjusted to life here. I'm not even sure what advice to give you since I'm not yet familiar with the process you're going through. All I can say is do what is best for your and your baby's future in the long-term. Maybe try to get your conditions removed before making any big moves?? If you just don't want to stay here, is there any family back home that can help you get a plane ticket back home? Prayers for you that things work out for the best for you.

Timeline
So let me share a little of my story with unno... :blush:

One of the very first things we connected on was that we both lost our mothers as teenagers. He was 18, I was 19, we were both the babies of the family and both of our mothers loved us the best. We were spoiled with love all our young lives and then had that love ripped from us as we entered adulthood....

A curse and a blessing so it seems, we were made to know what truly matters in life very young and as such, we don't sweat the small stuff. Love and life are precious and we both know how much.

I have asked him to tell me about her and then sat while he talked for the better part of an hour describing a woman I admire so much. To have raised such a fine young man in such hard times with so much to deal with she had to have been a pillar of strength.

So Sunday before last, his family came with him to get me at the airport and they took me home...

Up, up into the hills and straight to the house he was born in. He took my hand and he led me back behind the house to his mother's grave. "Momma" he says.. "I brought someone I want you to meet"

I greeted her with such love in my heart and I thanked her for loving him so much.

This is the most touching moment of my life.

That he took me to HER first makes me know how much he loves me, because I know how much he loved her...

(L)

No one will ever understand what passed between us that day and no one needs to...

"Momma" is the core of us, and the core of our love for each other.

I chose to walk in faith with eyes wide open...

I chose to accept that we are both human and we will make mistakes...

I chose to believe that no matter what mistakes we make, if we both want to make it work, we will...

165.jpg

We have been reading a chapter or two of this book every day...

TheLoveDare_FNL_TP_CVR.jpg

Anyone interested in making a marriage stronger may want to take a look. Words are powerful :yes:

LUNCH TIME :dance:

I bought it today ... i was touched by the movie and the book..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone. i have not been on for awhile because me and husband are having problems. We are on the verge of getting divorced. About a month ago i got a phone call from a girl he has been seeing since last september. he began seeing when i went to atlanta to spend some time with his mother because i needed with the baby. I was depressed at that time and he wouldn't help me with the baby so when she ask to come i said. Now i jus found out that he has another girl in jamaica who he is planning to visit in the summer. After the girl called he beg me stay and try to work it out but there is just so much i can take and no more. I just filed to remove the condition on my visa but i don't want to be here anymore. he is saving up his money for when he goes to jamaica so they can have a good time while me and his child is here without money. i have beeen trying to go into a shelter because i have no family here to take me in nad can't afford the ticket to go home and he won't buy it. he says if i take the baby and leave i must not call for anything. I am jus sick of him and want to get out. help

I'm sorry you are not in a good situation right now. Is it possible that you can just ask family for enough help to get back home if that is what you want to do? Maybe you could go stay with his mother again until you can find some kind of resources to help you out of your situation. I don't know what else to tell you right now you didn't give a lot of details.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
cont... He said YES and she was sold. He said she started stamping everything and called me back over. She saw me with the album in my hands and asked to see the pictures. She wasnt even looking at them. Then she said Congratulations, go pay DHL. We were both like Thank You :jest::jest:

From my own experience and watching other interviews(yes all your business is out there), it really seems like they want to approve you. They seem real compassionate and understanding. The only people that were denied were people who did not have crucial documents(medical, police cert, and affadavid of support). Even then they really tried to work with these people by giving them the blue slip and telling them exactly what they needed when they came back.(like they didnt know)

So I would say, as long as you have a legitimate relationship and all your docs are in order, you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about.

congrats im so happy for you

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hello Everyone

Good evening My2, how are you feeling tonight?

Im doing well .... i am really happy for you i can imagine your feeling great

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Jodie, I am sorry you are going through this, may god bless you and your child. Some men can be so inconsiderate, selfish, pieces of $hit somtimes. I am not too sure about that part of this visa process, so I really dont have any advise on that. The only advise I have for you is to do whats best for you and your child. Being a single mom is not easy and there will be challenges, but living with a man that mistreats you is even worse and you should never let any person have that much power and control over your life. Trust in God and he will work it out for you.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Hello Everyone

Yes I am, I feel like king Kong himself jumped off my back after 6 long months. I am truely blessed and I cant wait for him to pick up his passport so I can book the flight for the next day lol

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Hello Everyone

Yes I am, I feel like king Kong himself jumped off my back after 6 long months. I am truely blessed and I cant wait for him to pick up his passport so I can book the flight for the next day lol

I can imagine... i know the feeling of feeling weighed down and missing the one you love ..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Thanks for the responses everyone :wub:

No, we did not get married there. I will be filing for the fiance' visa in the next month.

The rings are actually Christian chastity rings, they say "true love waits".

We are wearing them as a promise ring of sorts :)

:thumbs:

Sweet!! Just DO NOT include that photo with your petition or get it anywhere near the embassy. They can mistake them for wedding rings and you could have some trouble on your hands (no pun intended!!)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this news Jodie. Where are you in the States?

Hello Everyone

Congrats again Love!! Hope they speed up with the visa processing.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree..u just don't have to act like u not in reality when doing though...just goota do what u wanna do at the moment if it ends sour..oh well ..u would have never known

That's not what I was saying at all, Kimmy. You are right on there. Just saying no one knows the future in anything they do. Be smart; but don't be so scared you don't try at all.

I think we said the same thing :wacko: ? but as i was reading what i wrote..didn't make much sense...but if oonuh read it like twice ..oonuh wi eventually get it...do what u must...no one ever knows...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.