• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!

Congrats on the touch Roxie...hope you get that approval this week!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs: i agree with you Dada i dont even mention anything really to my friends because of the same thing everyone is like really a jamaican WHY??? he want a greencard ect... and yes it is ignorant but i cant lie i use to be the same way, i hated dancehall music and never even thought twice about getting with a Jamaican let alone marrying one :blink: but it is funny how things change and how everything is a growing process now im the first one busting a wine on the dance floor lol and it really have nothing to do with me falling inlove with a jamaican man :blush: i think it was the visit to the country it was refreshing to see a place where black ppl are the majority and the vibez was crazy.

That's great to hear Ladies!!! What's funny is I only told a select few of my family members that I had filed for my Ken, b/c I just didn't want to hear all the negativity...AND MY FAMILY ARE JAMAICANS, :lol: so don't feel as if you are alone or just Americans are biased towards Yardies. My Father & older family members were convinced that Ken had 5 kids in the country and was just after a GC!!

However, now that Ken has been here for over a year...my Dad LOVES himself some Ken!! :rofl: Honestly, somedays I think he likes Ken more than me! "Where mi Son deh?" "Is wat yuh duh wid Ken?" "When Ken coming? I need em fi help mi wid....!" :lol: My whole family now embraces Ken...but it was difficult when he first arrived. But I just put my blinders on and told everyone to give him a chance...cause neither he, nor me were going anywhere!

However, I will say that I feel blessed because as much as I talked to Ken everyday (50 times a day) when we were dating, asked my 20 million questions 50 times each to him and travelled back and forth to Yard...you never REALLY know someone until you have to deal and live with them day in and day out!

But love regardless or race, greed, religion or nationality is ALWAYS a gamble...and if someone tells you otherwise they are lying!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies..

few more days till May.. end of school, summer begins.. WHEW.. this mnth will fly by.. i can feel it.

update on the girls..

don't know if ya'll remembered taylor, my oldest went to DC w/ the skool a couple of mnths ago and now that same group of students were invited to our capitol in Austin..COOOL..

this is her last year in elementary skool so they have a graduation, after which a 6th grade trip to San Antonio (another city in tx).. my babygirl is traveling her likkle butt off!!!

i am so geeked to get their passports now cuz once the traveling bug is in u, its hard to get rid of.. and i wanna put the youngest on a plane too.. i am so proud of them both..

ok, my little brag session is over.. the ex who has been silent for the last 2 mnths started texting me again :unsure: MANNN tre, solseour.. get ready for my ranting LOL

oh well, i hope all are doing well and blessed!!!

Timeline
morning ladies...

a one year an change mi deh bout an di vibes no di same...

Thanks for all the support ladies...those who know how...link me there.

A friend is a person

to laugh and cry with,

An inspiration,

Someone who lends a helping hand,

though friends may not be forever,

And they may not end up together,

the memories of a true friendship will

last forever.

A friend is not a shadow nor a servant

But someone who hold

a piece of a person in his heart.

Someone who shares a smile,

Someone who brightens up your day

What makes a person a friend?

Dont you go anywhere!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
:thumbs: i agree with you Dada i dont even mention anything really to my friends because of the same thing everyone is like really a jamaican WHY??? he want a greencard ect... and yes it is ignorant but i cant lie i use to be the same way, i hated dancehall music and never even thought twice about getting with a Jamaican let alone marrying one :blink: but it is funny how things change and how everything is a growing process now im the first one busting a wine on the dance floor lol and it really have nothing to do with me falling inlove with a jamaican man :blush: i think it was the visit to the country it was refreshing to see a place where black ppl are the majority and the vibez was crazy.

That's great to hear Ladies!!! What's funny is I only told a select few of my family members that I had filed for my Ken, b/c I just didn't want to hear all the negativity...AND MY FAMILY ARE JAMAICANS, :lol: so don't feel as if you are alone or just Americans are biased towards Yardies. My Father & older family members were convinced that Ken had 5 kids in the country and was just after a GC!!

However, now that Ken has been here for over a year...my Dad LOVES himself some Ken!! :rofl: Honestly, somedays I think he likes Ken more than me! "Where mi Son deh?" "Is wat yuh duh wid Ken?" "When Ken coming? I need em fi help mi wid....!" :lol: My whole family now embraces Ken...but it was difficult when he first arrived. But I just put my blinders on and told everyone to give him a chance...cause neither he, nor me were going anywhere!

However, I will say that I feel blessed because as much as I talked to Ken everyday (50 times a day) when we were dating, asked my 20 million questions 50 times each to him and travelled back and forth to Yard...you never REALLY know someone until you have to deal and live with them day in and day out!

But love regardless or race, greed, religion or nationality is ALWAYS a gamble...and if someone tells you otherwise they are lying!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

everybody know i love me some Gil and ken LOL..

that family thing is an adjustment in itself.. alot of marriages have both members' families in the same area.. u try to cleave to ur spouses' family.. but the reality is u don't have to really cuz u have ur own right around the corner.. our yard men.. don't have that OTHER support system, all they have is us arn our family, our friends (unless they have people here too of course) so its great that the family can come thru for that couple and make things just a little bit easier..

my fam is not much bothered by the Jamaican thing.. my mom loves that he makes me smile, but I know my fam can be a lil "meet the parents" sometimes, remember the circle of trust??? LOL..

they are nice but not very welcoming, kind of cliquish at times so i will probably talk w/ them when the time comes...

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

lol.. just seeing that u tried to call me out dada.. lol

HI (WAVING WILDLY!!!!!)

beyonce will be here in July.. thinking bout getting tickets for me and the girls..

mek mi go look fa di ticket price.. mi nuh go broke fa BEYONCE!!!

Timeline
My BF Just had this done. I tell you to get all four teeth pulled out at once you all are a solider. I still have all of mine in and I'm dreading the day the doc says dey have ta come out. I guess your using that dentist you told us about the one that has the cookies and what not??

:lol: Wow, DaDa, you have a good memory! Nah, that doctor doesn't do oral surgery, so I'm going to someone she recommended.

It's costing a fortune. My 15 minute consultation with the surgeon cost $195 out of my own pocket! :huh: Let's not even talk about how much this surgery is going to cost, even with insurance. I told my friend who recently finished dental school that she's soon to be PAID. Kinda makes me think I'm in the wrong field! :help:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

everybody know i love me some Gil and ken LOL..

that family thing is an adjustment in itself.. alot of marriages have both members' families in the same area.. u try to cleave to ur spouses' family.. but the reality is u don't have to really cuz u have ur own right around the corner.. our yard men.. don't have that OTHER support system, all they have is us arn our family, our friends (unless they have people here too of course) so its great that the family can come thru for that couple and make things just a little bit easier..

my fam is not much bothered by the Jamaican thing.. my mom loves that he makes me smile, but I know my fam can be a lil "meet the parents" sometimes, remember the circle of trust??? LOL..

they are nice but not very welcoming, kind of cliquish at times so i will probably talk w/ them when the time comes...

Qunna thats good that your family is more protective then judgemental, when i told my mom she was straight up like NO! dont you know they do that to all the american girls that come there and when she seen i was serious and i told imma do what is making me happy and i cant live for what other ppl is going to think she came around now she even discuss wedding ideas, now my grandmother is a diff story she dont know anything she is a old southern women and honestly her frame of thinking is warrped :blink: i was in the hospital for digestion problems and she came to visit me and was like i told you about these other ppl countrys they not like us im like okay grandma i went to JA 4 month ago? honestly i just let her be...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

wha ya sey??

trelawny parish.. who mi ago chat wit bout di CRAZY ex's when him mek mi VEX!!

han mi need fi laugh bout di CRAZY coworkers dem dat mek ya screw up ya face like dis... :girlwerewolf2xn: LOL

a so VJ go at times.. ie di circle of life my gyal!!

Timeline
Good Morning All...

Well I don’t know whose responsible for stealing that great weather we had over the weekend but whoever took it can you please bring it back. We went from high 80's and sun to low 60's and rain. Man do I miss the sunshine... :crying:

We're having the opposite situation in Houston. Yesterday a lot of schools & businesses were closed due to flooding from the torrential rainfall the night before. Today, it's cloudy, but beautiful.

Monday, I'm getting all 4 wisdom teeth removed & the booklet said to eat soft foods afterwards. If anyone else had this done, what did you eat that wasn't super full of sugar? I'm thinking to get some protein shakes.

You are right on Nat. I had all 4 of mine, which were impacted, removed and I had alot of protein shakes - mixed with ice cream so it was a real shake for sure. :thumbs: But you could do other things like mashed potatos, squash, turnip, meatloaf, mac & cheese, etc.

Yeah but as Americans we are quick to look at the faults in other cultures before we knock our own. Til this day when I mention I'm messing with a Jamaican I already know what’s going to come out their mouths. I'm about to hear all the negative reasons on why I shouldn’t date one....

One good thing I can say about where I work is that I don't get that. I think that typically comes from Americans, possibly ones who haven't experienced very many cultures.

My coworkers, who are from Pakistan, Egypt, China, Ecuador, Canada, Brazil, India, and of course the USA, are WAAAAY less judgemental about dating people from other cultures. They don't automatically assume that people who marry Americans are just after a green card.

Nat, this is the same for me, I welcome working with a diverse group of people.

P.S. We were touched today, so soon maybe.

Yeah Rox!! Keep on watching - it's coming soon.

**yarn** mawning, good day, yardies i sheepy :( and the weather in NYC is cold comparing to the other sun blistering days

Boy New...you must really be cold chatting bout yarn and sheep.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Qunna thats good that your family is more protective then judgemental, when i told my mom she was straight up like NO! dont you know they do that to all the american girls that come there and when she seen i was serious and i told imma do what is making me happy and i cant live for what other ppl is going to think she came around now she even discuss wedding ideas, now my grandmother is a diff story she dont know anything she is a old southern women and honestly her frame of thinking is warrped :blink: i was in the hospital for digestion problems and she came to visit me and was like i told you about these other ppl countrys they not like us im like okay grandma i went to JA 4 month ago? honestly i just let her be...

WOWWWIIIEEEEE.. granny tink dem put obeah ova her granchild newly!!! :rofl::rofl: OMG.. thats funny.. i know girl.. when my granny was alive she was off the chain too.. i really don't know how she would take Roger.. she LOVED my ex husband too.. soooo :blush:

Timeline
Morning Yardies..

few more days till May.. end of school, summer begins.. WHEW.. this mnth will fly by.. i can feel it.

update on the girls..

don't know if ya'll remembered taylor, my oldest went to DC w/ the skool a couple of mnths ago and now that same group of students were invited to our capitol in Austin..COOOL..

this is her last year in elementary skool so they have a graduation, after which a 6th grade trip to San Antonio (another city in tx).. my babygirl is traveling her likkle butt off!!!

i am so geeked to get their passports now cuz once the traveling bug is in u, its hard to get rid of.. and i wanna put the youngest on a plane too.. i am so proud of them both..

ok, my little brag session is over.. the ex who has been silent for the last 2 mnths started texting me again :unsure: MANNN tre, solseour.. get ready for my ranting LOL

oh well, i hope all are doing well and blessed!!!

What a fly little girl Quana!! You have every right to be proud of her. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.