SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks ladies. I'm still working on a plan to get away.

get away???????

Yeah girl, I need a break. Damien is focused on our August trip and I'm ready to go now. I will never understand why he needs so much money to take back home :unsure: . It makes me sad.

Cuz everyone will be stretching their hand for a likkle something. That part always makes me sad - how be ya'll be happy to see me and chat with me, not be looking what I bring for you.

I agree. He doesn't buy as much as he used to. Luckily, he doesn't have a big family. I don't have issues with taking things for family.....I'm talking spending money....trying to be a "big man". He had so much money last year...I robbed him :whistle: Well, I took $400 and he didn't notice until days later. All hell will break through if I was missing a 20 dolla bill.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shemmy, don't go to Jamaica, go to one of the other islands. Let Jamaica be your and his get away and goin home trip. There are so many other beautiful caribbean island out there, try one of them.

there is no other !

Hey Kimmy, oh yes there is...(laughing), Come with me to the British Virgin Island next week... There is room, booked a 3 bedroom condo, two people backed out.

I agree w/Kimmy! Oh, I've been to the Bahamas, Cayman, Barbados, TNT, St. Maarteen, Antigua, PR, DR (used to work for Pan Am :lol:)...they are ALL lovely...but fuh mi ...there is no place like home. But IMO, dem all fail in some aspect, in comparison to JA. However, my opinion is obvioulsy biased to my homeland!

Agree Home is always where the heart will be.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

shem.. maybe u can do a small lil getway like rox sey b4 JA..

at least hubby dont spend all his money to "look" the part.. i told u bout a friend of a friend that had all kinds of jewelry and clothes in layaway.. dropping hundreds of dollars a mnth.. in order to get ready for first trip back to JA WOW is all i could say..

i know how u feel tho... its just like MANNN.. by the time u work to death to enjoy urself.. are u really gonna be able to enjoy urself??? dats a man tho.. gotta love a hardworking man

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy/Gill...I agree 100%...I love Jamaica from the time I step outside and look at the hills across from the airport and breath in that air and let the sun hit my face...I'm so happy (no matter) what mood I was in before, all of my stress just gone.

Shemmy, you talking $20.00...if I'm missing $5.00 I freak out...but I understand what' you're saying. My brother had to learn the hard way. How the hell you go to Jamaica with $1500/US and the money done in less than 2 weeks, cause you going from Negril to Portmore almost everyday partying. The "money man" mentality take YEARS to get out their system...my aunt told me she stop fuss with her husband, til dem rob im rass one night at bottom road in Mobay...then he learned.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
happy bday nat.. mi cyaan believe ya nuh spend it in ja as much as u go girl!!

nat, mi see ow dara trow mi under di bus... some of di older vjers knoa mi badmind, but mi try fi keep ie bound in di dungeon till nighttime.. ;) oonuh can read jawi's stories fi ya pums HEATER :rofl::rofl:

galang dara.. mi ongle share mi stories wid ya.. too many vj start fi do mi trick dem han mi man tink yard man all over mobay area ave a pissa him wife fram di stories dey tell WOWOIIIEEEEE

:rofl: Y'all are TOO MUCH.

I'll be there in 2.5 weeks, between my bday & his.

... But yes, the reality is that getting to America is a main goal for many and for all I know, my mister could be the best actor in the world and that's his only reason for being with me. I'm well aware of this possibility as I'm sure most, if not all, of the yardies are too. We can only hope and pray that our situation is 'different' from those that don't turn out so well but you never know until you try and take a chance on that love...

Exactly. Would anyone NOT pursue love because of a few (or a lot of) bad apples? Nope. You love like you've never been hurt and hope (and work!) for the best.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Islandwoman - Are you planning on doing anything special once your SO gets here?

Other than pick him up at the airport??? :whistle: Just kidding - not really sure yet as we don't really have an idea of when he's coming. Still waiting on the visa to be issued....

:ranting::protest: Rass embassy!

Shem..have you seen the cost of things in ja these days..u have to pay for this and that..let me tell u it adds up..u wanna have fun u gotta have money

What kills me is that the government wants to tax every little thing now. It's bad enough that gas is getting a heavy tax and taxi drivers all the way on down will suffer for that. But now they want to tax all the staples that people buy just to eat....as if it's not hard enough to pay the light bill, taxi to get to/from work and have a little left over for food, now they wanna tax the darn out of the food staples! :angry:

Timeline
Shemmy, don't go to Jamaica, go to one of the other islands. Let Jamaica be your and his get away and goin home trip. There are so many other beautiful caribbean island out there, try one of them.

there is no other !

Hey Kimmy, oh yes there is...(laughing), Come with me to the British Virgin Island next week... There is room, booked a 3 bedroom condo, two people backed out.

Kimmy, I agree. I don't have any travel partners plus I would like to experience other islands with Damien. Some of my friends are going to JA next month so I'm thinking about it. It may not happen cuz I wouldn't feel right being there without him.

Timeline
Kimmy, I agree. I don't have any travel partners plus I would like to experience other islands with Damien. Some of my friends are going to JA next month so I'm thinking about it. It may not happen cuz I wouldn't feel right being there without him.

Like, Memorial Day weekend? :whistle:

Club Ambiance in Runaway Bay had $99 rooms on cheapcaribbean.com - all inclusive

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Was it someone on this thread that recommended "Baggage Check" by Curtis Bunn? If so, great recommendation. This book is so captivating that I had trouble putting it down to go to sleep last night.

I haven't read a book like this before... fictional story about three Black men who start off as dogs and end up ??? (I'll find out at the end.)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I agree. He doesn't buy as much as he used to. Luckily, he doesn't have a big family. I don't have issues with taking things for family.....I'm talking spending money....trying to be a "big man". He had so much money last year...I robbed him :whistle: Well, I took $400 and he didn't notice until days later. All hell will break through if I was missing a 20 dolla bill.

ohhhh.. :blush: .. hubby is my friend's friend huh LOL>. its okay.. like tre say.. it will pass in time.. i am sure.. and if not.. more money to.. uhh borrow while u are in JA right LOL....

People still say nasty stuff to me. We've been together 6 years and he's been here almost 5. People are always surprised we are still together.

Congrats on the 6 years together Shemmy!!!!

"No matter what people say..you got it going on" words of Lil Kim (not me..but the Queen Bee) :dance::thumbs:

Timeline
shem.. maybe u can do a small lil getway like rox sey b4 JA..

at least hubby dont spend all his money to "look" the part.. i told u bout a friend of a friend that had all kinds of jewelry and clothes in layaway.. dropping hundreds of dollars a mnth.. in order to get ready for first trip back to JA WOW is all i could say..

i know how u feel tho... its just like MANNN.. by the time u work to death to enjoy urself.. are u really gonna be able to enjoy urself??? dats a man tho.. gotta love a hardworking man

I know...plus his brother put a big dent in his pocket last month...that's why he's on overdrive. My cousin said they may to Miami in June...I'll plan something.

quana...something tells me they went far. I guess it really doesn't matter since he chose Cocktail.

by the way..my husband refused to watch the show. I'm so glad that someone else watched it and I can talk about. LOL.

at first i was like ur hubby, but my kids got me started, i only saw the last 4 or 5.. Ray J don't want no wifey he just want publicity and i gave it to him LOL

u see what he told chardonnay.. "u stopped doing the splits.. u got comforatable and wasn't trying anymore"..

cuz nucca i am here to win ur heart!! any chick can win ur hood over!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...it seems like she got caught up and really started to like him.

It has to be strange "competing" for someone. We won't even start talking about Flavor of Love...

:ot:

Facts to store away, and use when your child has to do a Black History report. No more Harriet Tuman reports

Why Don't We Know Her? -- Rear Adm. Michelle Howard . . .

In a message dated 4/23/2009 4:09:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [blank] writes: fox news has never mentioned this fact. Do much for reporting

MAERSK-ALABAMA CAPTAIN RESCUED BY REAR ADM. MICHELLE HOWARD'S SHIP

Whoa!

Nope, this is one you SURE DIDN'T HEAR on the news. The ship that rescued the Maersk-Alabama's captain was skippered by a BLACK FEMALE REAR ADMIRAL? Get OUT of here!

If you're like me, you briefly saw her in some news clips, and (like me) probably figured she was some medical tech.

You GO, girl!

On the other hand, in an ideal world, no this SHOULDN'T BE "news." Anymore than that it should be "news" that we have female B-52 pilots or black admirals, or (say) a black President.

Can't post her picture.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.