SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOVESPONGE IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sus,

Is your wedding in Ochi? I didn't go back and read if you posted it already. lol

Yes, May 23rd, if I don't kill my hard headed man before it! :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

morning ladies!!

Congrats Gill and Ken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a

I have a new temporary hustle at a Jamaicaan restuarant while I wait for VZ to get their act together....At least they have free wifi, so can chat during the day!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
LOVESPONGE IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sus,

Is your wedding in Ochi? I didn't go back and read if you posted it already. lol

Yes, May 23rd, if I don't kill my hard headed man before it! :whistle:

Awwww how wonderful!!!!! Man that was quick because there a hour behind there.. So another one bites the dust...

Timeline
Mawnin Yardies.

Just wants to send well wishes for LS on their interview today.

Congrats on the all the approvals that I missed.

Have a wonderful week everyone.... :)

SG - nice photos!!

Sunny - congrats Girl, you got that AOS in the mail!! :thumbs:

Good Mawning Sistrens,

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

I just wanted to share some good news with everyone! Ken's Green Card petition was approved and has been ordered for production!! :dance: WOOO-HOOO!!! :dance: I honestly, wasn't expecting it until late summer/early fall!!

G-d is so darn good to us!!!! Thanks for listening and have a bless-ed day!

Gill

P.S- Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews!

Congrats Gill!! Glad they are cleaning out those GC piles finally.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS LOVESPONGE!!!!

Is anyone going to Jamaica this week?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nat your countdown clock is ticking too right??

Yup. I'll be in Negril May 16-20.

Steven's birthday is near that time, too, so I want to surprise him with a cake & punch for his family/friends. The only place in Negril that I've heard sells cakes is Jenny Cakes (something like that). Does anyone know of another place, perhaps one closer to downtown or the beach?

Congrats on the AOS, SunRay! You're that much closer to being finished with the process.

Congrats on the green card production, Gill. You're even closer!

Thanks Nat.... I'll check with a friend that lives in Negril and let you know. She should know...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Gill and Ken,

That's wonderful news and it really was alot quicker than I expected to.

Well,

I MAILED OFF OUR AOS TODAY... :dance::dance::dance:

Phew Lawd!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I know Girl...they want everything but the kitchen sink!!!!! :thumbs: Good Luck!!

Thanks for all the well wishes Guys!! CONGRATS LOVESPONGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great day on the Yardie thread with a whole bunch of positive vibes!!!

Loving it!!!!

Continue to have a bless-ed day!

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Dada, what day and time are you arriving in JA?

I think 11:47 a.m. the earliest flight I have ever taken. Roc is always late so I keep reminding him he better be on time this early in the a.m. What time you arrive?

Hey Sus get this memba I was stressing because I wanted to give Roc a nice B-day with diner and dancing and the whole nine and he just wanted to stay in the house and cook? Well this weekend we were talking and he asked me so what are we doing for my birthday? See Roc has never celebrated his birthday so I guess the realization that we are going to celebrate it has kicked in. Anyway he's like so what are we going to do for my birthday and I'm like I don’t know honey what ever u want to do I thought we were buying food and staying in. He was like well umm I don’t know; I know how you like to drive so I was thinking maybe we could drive to Negril. I told him it’s not what I want its what you want. He was like so where are we going at night? (Whoooo sawwww) Again its not what I want Roc its what you want to do. He was like well I don’t know I was thinking about staying in but I don’t want to disappoint you. U wont Roc as long as I’m with you I'm cool. By the end of the conversation I had a feeling he now wants to go out but he just doesn’t know how to tell me. So I was thinking of compromising. Maybe we can go to lunch when I get there and then let him cook dinner. I have too many other things to think about like what I'm wearing when I step off that plane and how my hair is going to be and what I'm going to wear to bed that night to think about what we are now doing. Ughhhh. I tell you every time I'm cool with something things change...

You can't make his cook on his birthday. :bonk: lol You should stick with your orignal plan and go to dinner and dancing. I bet he would love that. My husband never had a birthday cake and so I surprised his with an icecream cake for breakfast. LMAO He loved it to. His birthday is on Vaentines Day, so it's hard because I have to do both.

Oh Sunray you missed this mess. Well since Roc never celebrated his birthday before and he helped me have a blast on mine I decided that I would go back for his. So my original idea with the help of Sus, Ells and I think KK or kcloy was to arrive in Mobay drive to Negril and have lunch, then go to Ricks cafe to chill get a cake from Jenny's Bakery and then have dinner at sunset at either of two restaurants (I forget the names) and then finish it up with at Alfred's or a club in Negril. I had the whole day set but when I told Roc I had his day planned he told me he wanted to just go get some seafood and he wanted to stay in the house and cook on his bwaan day.. I was like ####### like who wants to cook on their birthday and he was like me. So then I told him I wasn’t coming. Why spend money on airfare to just sit in your house but then the girls told me I was being selfish its his day he should do what he wants to do so I said freak it at least I'll get to be with him and I went for it and canceled all my plans. Now all of a sudden he doest know if he wants to stay in the house and cook now. So this is what is frustrating me. I'm just going to chill and wait until closer to the date and then decide what we are going to do. In the mean time I'm working on me and my details... lol

Ok, I got it now.... I don't think that was being selfish though. For someone who never celebrated their birthday maybe he doesn't know what to expect. A lot of people in Jamaica don't celebrate their birthdays, so this when we can blend in our US culture. lol Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure you guy's will have a great time.

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS GILLI !! YIPPEE THANK GOD !

CONGRATS LOVESPONGE !!

THATS NICE ENGLISH AT LEAST YUH NO SO BORED AT HOME..IN TIME, IN TIME !!

BOOKED OUR VACATION AUGUST 13-24 CAN'T WAIT!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Congrats Lovesponge. Awesome News!!! :dance:

ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
CONGRATS GILLI !! YIPPEE THANK GOD !

CONGRATS LOVESPONGE !!

THATS NICE ENGLISH AT LEAST YUH NO SO BORED AT HOME..IN TIME, IN TIME !!

BOOKED OUR VACATION AUGUST 13-24 CAN'T WAIT!!

Finally!!!! I'm still in shock over the 12 & 2AM flights!!!! Crazy!! I knoa yuh a count dung deh day dem!! Ow lang since yuh last been home?

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Yup. I'll be in Negril May 16-20.

Steven's birthday is near that time, too, so I want to surprise him with a cake & punch for his family/friends. The only place in Negril that I've heard sells cakes is Jenny Cakes (something like that). Does anyone know of another place, perhaps one closer to downtown or the beach?

Congrats on the AOS, SunRay! You're that much closer to being finished with the process.

Congrats on the green card production, Gill. You're even closer!

Jenny's Cakes I heard about them and they make a specialty cake :whistle: that I want to try. Roc is so against it especially since I'm not used to the special ingredients but I'm gamed if he is.. So far he's like nope.. I tell you sometimes he is no fun :angry: ... lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.