July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you should just order it Starburst! When I went dress shopping I found the one I loved and bought it on the spot. No second guessing, no looking back, It was the dress and that is it! I didn't look at it for 5 months afterward and when I put it back on I remembered why I bought it, instantly. Sometimes you just need to trust your instincts.

You ever watch the show, "Say Yes to the Dress?" How many women have bought a dress or put a down payment on one then came back to the store because they weren't sure about it anymore? It happens all the time. I don't think I've seen an episode where the girl ends up in a different dress then the one they originally bought. They always leave with the same one. Instincts! ;)

I think you should just order it Starburst! When I went dress shopping I found the one I loved and bought it on the spot. No second guessing, no looking back, It was the dress and that is it! I didn't look at it for 5 months afterward and when I put it back on I remembered why I bought it, instantly. Sometimes you just need to trust your instincts.

You ever watch the show, "Say Yes to the Dress?" How many women have bought a dress or put a down payment on one then came back to the store because they weren't sure about it anymore? It happens all the time. I don't think I've seen an episode where the girl ends up in a different dress then the one they originally bought. They always leave with the same one. Instincts! ;)

Actually.... LOL My dress experience was BAD initially... but the problem was that i listened to my friend and the sales lady (NEVER DO THAT), and THEY really loved the one of the dresses I tried on, but I was hesitant. I actually still even went to another store to check other dresses. Found one I adored, but couldn't afford. Went back to the original store and decided to put the downpayment on the dress anyways, cause they were freaking out that I hadn't bought the dress yet (little did I know that with Montreal being so ####### now, I actually had more time). Anyways... I ended up REALLY REALLY regretting it, and cried, and fought with my fiance about it, and my friend was feeling really guilty... lol and etc. etc... It was ridiculous. LOL BUT.. it's all ok now. I went back to the store... tried on more, and found one that I liked a lot better and ordered it! I'm NOW really happy with my decision, but wish I'd trusted myself to say NO to the dress. :lol: (moral of the story, trust your gut if it says yes.. and trust it if it says no)

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys for all the support!

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Today, the store owner called me at work, and told me that the sales rep that helped me yesterday came in today and begged the owner

to try and find me a dress to try on. So they called the dress maker, and turns out they were picking up my dress from another store (the sample)

but instead of just taking it back, would express ship to my store to try on! It's my exact size and the color I wanted too!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll post pictures next week when I go there!

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Thanks guys for all the support!

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Today, the store owner called me at work, and told me that the sales rep that helped me yesterday came in today and begged the owner

to try and find me a dress to try on. So they called the dress maker, and turns out they were picking up my dress from another store (the sample)

but instead of just taking it back, would express ship to my store to try on! It's my exact size and the color I wanted too!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll post pictures next week when I go there!

That's awesome!

I'm going to the US later this month to the closest Alfred Angelo store to see if they have my dress sitting on the racks.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I wish I had an 'off the rack' body, but unfortunately do not :( The 'sample' they had of my dress was 2 sizes 2 small. I was sad. I'm anxious to get it. I HATE that it takes SO LONG for a dress to come in when it's ordered! It's been over 2 months already, and they said it MIGHT be in by December...!!?

Anyways, looking forward to pics Star!! :)

Speaking of pics (like that segue? lol)... I think I have a photographer!!! OMG! I'm excited! It's an online friend I 'met' on livejournal years ago.. haha we haven't actually met yet. She lives in Washington state, and I think she's a good photographer. She's not a professional, but she could be if she wanted to. I told her we'd pay for her airfare (which she wasn't even expecting! lol), and a night in a hotel. I'm so glad, because she won't limit our time, and won't limit the # of exposures, and we can hang out, and it'll be awesome, and she'll do a good job, and won't make me broke, and she'll get to add to her portfolio and a free mini vacay in California, so it works out for her too. lol Hurrah!

Here's some of her pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetsparerow/

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Speaking of "off the rack" bodies, I remember one smaller bridal shop I went into to try dresses on... all of their samples were sizes 8, 10 or 12. That's all they had on the rack. Really now?! How many people walk in your doors and fit into one of those three sizes? Probably not very many. I tried some on but it was so hard to tell how the dress really looked on me when it was just way to small. Most of the ones I liked were in the 8 too, which was just grand :lol: But I went there because they sold Alfred Angelo's.

David's Bridal was nice because It had all the sizes and I could just walk out with the dress I wanted without having to wait for it to be ordered. The only down side was that they only had so many styles in each size, so whatever was there was what you got. Thankfully they had some things I really liked, otherwise I may have been angry about that.

That photographer looks great Ashen! That's exactly what I did with my sister. I paid for her flight and hotel for 2 nights and she took the pictures free of charge. It really saved us a lot of money, since a lot of photographers I found around here wanted to charge thousands.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the first time in my life, I am ecstatic to be a size 10 since all the dresses I tried on were either a 10 or 12!

While it seems like a random size to have the dresses in, imagine a size 2 girl trying on a size 16 dress? At least with a size 10 it's like right in the middle.

I'm really excited to go dress shopping in December!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations on the weddings Minnew and TimandJoyce! :dance:

I love your photographer, Ashen!

My big news.... lol.... my daughter's fiance bought her these shoes as a birthday/partial wedding gift. She's wearing them with her dress. I think the combination looks awesome. She brought them here to my Mum's today to try them on with the dress. This is going to be such a great wedding! lol

20[1].jpg

Here is the dress so you don't have to search for that post....

ShannonsDress.jpg

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ohhh Louboutins!! I love those shoes Krikit, wish I could afford me some Louboutins!! Beautiful

And her dress is lovely :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Ohhh Louboutins!! I love those shoes Krikit, wish I could afford me some Louboutins!! Beautiful

Thanks. :) She looks stunning in it. :cry:

The shoes are Manolo Blahniks. I actually don't know what Louboutins are. lol :blush: I just found them on that site. I wanted to get a pic of the bottom of the dress with the shoes peeking out but my Mum's camera battery was dead. icon2.gif Hopefully, we can do it the next time she's here. I tried them on but I fell off of them. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

The shoes are Manolo Blahniks. I actually don't know what Louboutins are. lol :blush: I just found them on that site. I wanted to get a pic of the bottom of the dress with the shoes peeking out but my Mum's camera battery was dead. icon2.gif Hopefully, we can do it the next time she's here. I tried them on but I fell off of them. :lol:

OMG Manolos, I want them too :crying: Louboutins are another high scale beautiful piece of footwear

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

OMG Manolos, I want them too :crying: Louboutins are another high scale beautiful piece of footwear

Don't Louboutins always have red soles on them?

Or is that another shoe line I'm thinking of?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

oh Manolos. Good choice! I'm guessing he took her shopping and she picked them out... If not, I'm very impressed.

I felt guilty enough buying new Uggs today, I don't think Manolos or Louboutins are in my future :lol:

oh Manolos. Good choice! I'm guessing he took her shopping and she picked them out... If not, I'm very impressed.

She actually kept eyeing the shoes online and was indecisive about buying them or not. So he went ahead and bought them and surprised her with them for her birthday. I think she's marrying the right guy. lol

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

She actually kept eyeing the shoes online and was indecisive about buying them or not. So he went ahead and bought them and surprised her with them for her birthday. I think she's marrying the right guy. lol

He's a total keeper :lol:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.