July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Here's the site:

Rhiann's Dress.

Don't forget to check out the backview.

It's the main reason I want it, and the fabric is just one uhhh... hard to describe, but there's no like bands at the stomach and nothing poofy or frilly or anything. It almost looks like one piece of fabric, which I LOVE in a dress.

Pick the top right colour.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

oooh...... very pretty!!! :D

I have a pic of mine, but it's not a very good pic... so I'm going to wait until I actually get it in since they had to order it.. then I'll get some proper ones :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi ladies!! I'm a few pages behind so I have to catch up tomorrow.

Today the hubby and I were bored so we decided to register! lol

Is it too early?! lol I know it totally is but we had nothing better to do! Plus people can pull stuff off it for xmas presents.

I went the bathroom at one point and came back and hubby had added like 6 random things that we don't need! :lol:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi ladies!! I'm a few pages behind so I have to catch up tomorrow.

Today the hubby and I were bored so we decided to register! lol

Is it too early?! lol I know it totally is but we had nothing better to do! Plus people can pull stuff off it for xmas presents.

I went the bathroom at one point and came back and hubby had added like 6 random things that we don't need! :lol:

The only thing about registering early is that some things might get sold out and then discontinued by the time people go to buy them. That happened to my friend's registry.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with registry and out of country guests?

Is it pretty easy for them to just go to the store in the US and buy it and wrap it instead of taking it with them?

My wedding's going to be in Vegas and I'm assuming they'll probably fly right there. We want to register at Target so I'm hoping there's one close to the strip.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with registry and out of country guests?

Is it pretty easy for them to just go to the store in the US and buy it and wrap it instead of taking it with them?

My wedding's going to be in Vegas and I'm assuming they'll probably fly right there. We want to register at Target so I'm hoping there's one close to the strip.

There isn't really a Target near the strip, they would have to drive out to one.

For out of town guests, they can purchase online and have it shipped directly to your US address. That's what we're going to do.

I'm going to register at William Ashley in Toronto for all my fine china, which will give guests in Canada an option to buy me something for my shower. And then, I'm going to register at Macy's in the US for guests that don't mind buying online and shipping it to us.

My wedding shower is in Canada, so I'm going to guess I'll just get a lot of cash since most people won't want to buy online (which is fine my me). The benefit to still registering though is that if you don't get everything you register for, you get a discount of the rest of the stuff to purchase!

For our wedding our families give cash, so that solves my problems there. Maybe your guests will opt for cash gifts too if they can't access a Target? Which isn't the end of the world!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Hm, yeah that's true.

I know 2 people have no computers... and to be honest, I'm not even sure if Canadians can buy online at Target!

I think I tried once and I couldn't. It could have changed since then though...

And the Canadian Walmart site doesn't even let you buy online, so that wouldn't work either.

My mom's said nothing about a wedding shower either. I wouldn't be surprised if she threw a surprise one since I hate parties :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Wow. That was a lot of catching up to do! :lol: Welcome to the thread, Starburst. It's nice to meet you. :)

You can get that to him as your wedding present to him.

... We're supposed to get wedding presents for eachother?

Wow I know nothing about weddings :lol:

:lol:

One of my best friends went cufflink shopping with me for my husband's groom present. (Apparently he didn't know about the wedding present etiquette, either. :angry: ) My friend really liked these maple leaf cufflinks, but I kept saying they were too Niagara Falls souvenirish. lol. So anyway, the jewellery store had a demo french cuff and she put the ones I liked on it, then put the ones my friend liked on it. They looked awesome. My friend got to gloat in triumph and my husband loves them. I did a quick google (but couldn't find them) but I did find these. I think they're pretty cool:

Maple Leaf Cufflinks

I've also decided against a veil, since the back of my dress is corset style and I think a veil would just cover it up and destroy the charm of the dress... unless I can find something that's shoulder length, but I bet that'd look silly.

If you get a veil which is mostly sheer, it won't compete with the dress and it will shine through. Here are some veils I love:

Veil 1

Veil 2 You could get the satin trim in the same colour as your dress!

Veil 3

I think this one would be awesome with my daughter's wedding dress:

The Veil

This is her dress:

ShannonsDress.jpg

She said that I really should see the dress itself and not just the pictures, but I really do trust the pictures' as to how it is.

Don't order from a picture! There was a beautiful dress which my daughter just loved online, so she flew down here to try it on. It was SO disappointing when she actually tried it on. Plus while we were there, there was a bride on the phone going nuts because the dress she'd ordered online was awful and the wedding was in two weeks. The owner said it happened all the time. :( Anyway, glad to hear they're taking you shopping, Rhiann. :) Give the store a call in case you have to make an appointment, though.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Krit...there was one dress I absolutely loved...until I put it on. It made me look washed out and it looked so heavy on me. The pictures look awesome, but only if you are the exact same size/shape as the person on the site sporting it :lol:

That said, we have no alfred stores here so I havent been able to try on all the ones I want to and the one you picked is on my list to try on lol.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you picked a place in Vegas yet? If you're going to a chapel, I HIGHLY recommend this one, http://www.littlechapel.com/ :dance: Best one there. :D

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We registered at Target and most people purchased the order online and had it shipped to us. And Canadians can definitely order from the website and have it shipped to you in the US.

I also agree with the importance of trying on a dress first. When I was looking at pictures I thought I wanted a sleek lace dress with no train... And you saw the dress I ended up with. Totally different! I just didn't like the way my body looked in the lace... I felt like I was to bulky to really pull off the soft feminine style. That and it did nothing for my figure. I also decided I didn't like backs that tie up... it made my back look wide. Then again, I'm not one to be very body conscious. I always just assume I'm a big fattie and nothing will look good.

Krikit, I love your daughters dress! Its so beautiful with all the detail on it. She must have a hot body to be able to pull it off though, wow, it doesn't look like it would be very forgiving.

I found a veil that matched the details on my dress perfectly... Actually, I think it was made to go with the dress. I wasn't sure I wanted one but that really changed my mind! It also made for some bad @ss pictures like this:

10322_155948682845_509627845_3603286_7606824_n.jpg

I fail at trying to look serious! I just look angry :lol:

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Have you picked a place in Vegas yet? If you're going to a chapel, I HIGHLY recommend this one, http://www.littlechapel.com/ :dance: Best one there. :D

Omg, I love the Victoria room!

I should so look into this.

Aw, I feel so special :)

We have a staff exchange program going on with the Certified General Accountants of China and right now we have a girl named Yasmine over. I really like Yasmine, I showed her around town when she moved n stuff.

I decided to invite her to my bridal shower (which is at the end of the month) and told her she didn't have to bring a gift.

She just came into my office and told me she wants to buy me a traditional Chinese wedding dress for my shower. They're apparently not that expensive. She's so awesome :luv:

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So, my parents want to have a "weding party" in Arizona in April... kind of like a second reception. Should I let my mom do all of the planning, as it is "her" party or should I plan it, since it is like a 2nd reception. I almost don't care, but I'm afraid if I don't care, then there's going to be something I'm not real crazy about... and I suck at hiding my feelings when there's something I'm not really crazy about.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.