July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
It's super cheap to eat healthy.

Super cheap maybe not but it's cheap that is for sure :) There are a lot of options that are not expensive and are much healthier and varied.

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

My parents have gone all "organic, free range, blah blah" and they say it's expensive.

But when you're trying to get food that's not sprayed with this and that and not pumped with hormones, I guess it would be expensive.

THIS is why my mom pesters me.

Because I LOVE junk food, I LOVE chips, I LOVE pizza, but she hates that I eat it.

I know I can eat it, just not as much as I am.

It's hard trying to just cut everything out instantly, going cold turkey.

I need the assistance at first like those 100 calorie packs then I can try and cut it out.

I don't really think she gets that.

I've tried going cold turkey from things like chips, but I end up just going crazy and eating 3 bags in 2 days. :wacko:

I LOVE baked chips, but they're so horribly expensive in Canada.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My parents have gone all "organic, free range, blah blah" and they say it's expensive.

But when you're trying to get food that's not sprayed with this and that and not pumped with hormones, I guess it would be expensive.

Because I LOVE junk food, I LOVE chips, I LOVE pizza, but she hates that I eat it.

I need the assistance at first like those 100 calorie packs then I can try and cut it out.

I've tried going cold turkey from things like chips, but I end up just going crazy and eating 3 bags in 2 days. :wacko:

The thing with dieting is cutting out anything you really like completely is never a good idea, because then you crave it so much that you cheat. Just keep the little packs around and try not to eat them but when you have a craving you can have a little bag, it will be much healthier for you that way and you are less likely to "fall off". Really for most people its about the quantity they eat, not what they eat.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm definitely not talking about Organic and all of that. I don't believe in any of that. I eat the cheapest produce I can find. I eat whatever is in season and available. I only buy things on sale. There are ways to shop smart and not break the bank.

I'm with you on LOVING junk food. I would eat it everyday if I could, but that's the thing, it's really what kills us. 100 calorie packs are definitely good for cutting back, but they aren't the answer to a healthier lifestyle or losing weight. Anything that comes pre-packaged and ready to eat is not going to help you lose weight, in moderation or not. Slimfast, Lean Cuisine, all of that stuff is horrible.

I went cold turkey on junk food, and honestly, it was hard. It was like I was in withdrawal from a horrible drug addiction. But you know what, after the first week, I felt like a different person. I lost any sort of sluggish tendencies I had. After the second week, I had so much more energy than I think I've ever had! The amount of water weight i was carrying from the salt and ####### in junk food was definitely playing a huge part in my weight. Once the month was over, I didn't even want any junk food, it just made me feel off, bloated and just crabby. I'm not even kidding, chips and candy is like my drug. Once I eat it, I can't stop. So I just stopped... and eventually my cravings disappeared. Also, anything with refined sugar, including white bread or wheat in pizza, pasta, really hurts a person trying to lose weight. Sure, 1 slice of pizza is fine when in moderation... but do we really just eat one slice? I know I can't and don't. Instead of a slice of pizza, I would have a whole wheat wrap with turkey, cheese, fat free dressing, lettuce and whatever else I could find... sure it's not pizza, but it did the trick.

I'm going cold turkey this week actually. No junk food, fast food, dessert, or even 100 calorie packs. If I'm craving a snack, I'll have some grapes, or even some low fat crackers.

Here's the thing with losing weight that I realized back in January. It really is a life change mentality. You can want to lose weight. You can want it BAD. But if you don't change the mindset and make a HUGE effort and be disciplined, it just won't happen. Making excuses just hurts yourself in the end. I was really surprised at how much discipline I had after I threw myself into it. Saying I couldn't afford eating healthy (which I always told myself), or saying that I needed to have a few snack of junk here and there was just not an option. I did whatever I had to do. If it meant skipping social dinners and missing my nightly conversation with my then fiance, I did it. When I was losing weight one thing I learned was that a growling stomach is okay once in a while. Eventually it fades. Also, I taight myself not to eat until I felt really full. Eating until I was satisfied instead of full took a lot of discipline.

Anyways, we all struggle. But, it's not impossible to do things cold turkey. It really can change your life for the better.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I've also tried going low fat on some things, like sour cream... but low fat sour cream is so runny and disgusting.

And yeah, I have a problem with eating till I'm full.

I also snack like crazy because I dont eat breakfast (which I need to start) and I dont eat lunch when I'm working... since I have no time. I dont even have time to sit down for 5 minutes usually.

So I snack my way into chubbiness... I also eat when I'm bored and damn am I bored alot.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

We really should start up a weightloss thread again. lol I think there are a lot of tips that could be shared! I learned a lot when I went through my weightloss years ago (I did it with Jenny Craig), which I think makes it that much more frustrating for me. I KNOW what I should and shouldn't be doing basically, but just can't do it anymore. I need more motivation, which is just weird, but true. I would work out at home, if I lived alone, but I don't, and I would get embarrassed if my roommates where home while I was working out. lol (stupid, I know)

In other news (wedding related even! lol)... I have realized that I don't think I told you guys where we decided to have our ceremony.

It's at a little secluded beach in Santa Barbara. Not a lot of people, which I really like... but there are some scary slippery steps that we have to walk down to get there... d'oh.

I took tons of pics when we went, but I'll only share a couple... lol It was weird, cause when we first checked it out it was PERFECT, but the 2nd time we went it wasn't as nice.... lol :(

This is my fiance on the beach (it was high tide).

6410_150565482109_508722109_4021326_3554394_n.jpg

And these are 1/2 of the scary steps. lol

6383_151525732109_508722109_4034194_2822218_n.jpg

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Wow, the steps down to the beach are pretty.

The beach itself is very nice. I'm sure you'll have a nice wedding there.

Timeline

Beautiful location for your wedding!! I'm sure it will be lovely, just don't have any champagne before the ceremony :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Wow, the steps down to the beach are pretty.

The beach itself is very nice. I'm sure you'll have a nice wedding there.

Thanks :) I think it will be nice. I really like the steps, but they're always wet (slippery!), and rotting a bit at the bottom. Even though it's just our parents, and the officiant, I'm worried about someone falling. I kind of want them to act as my 'aisle' though. LOL

But if worse comes to worse, then there is a 2nd set of better maintained stairs about a 15 min walk away... but they're in a busy park, which is awkward, cause I don't want attention... and then we have to walk a ways to get to a good place away from random strangers :( I just kind of want to be able to go on the beach and be right where I need to be. LOL

I think I'll bring my parents for a test run if we have a couple of days in town before the wedding. Then they can try them out and see how scary it is :lol:

LOL JillA, my parents, and my fiance's mom don't drink, so we're ok! I might sneak one in though, but we'll make sure we're back up to the top of the stairs before anything crazy.

And thankfully Kritkit, we're not overly clumbsy, but both our mom's have issues with their ankles. :wacko:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

I can't believe I missed the conversation about weight! :lol: But, if it helps you guys any, I had the same thoughts before the wedding, and before I found my dress. I'm definitely not a small person by any means, and I kept saying that I wasn't going to be able to find a dress that fit properly, and that I was going to look like a fattie in all the wedding pictures... but surprisingly, I'm happy with how everything turned out. The dress fit perfectly, and after trying it on I decided that it really matter what the size on the tag is. And really, I don't ever say this about myself, but I think I looked GOOD! :lol: I'm not happy with being large, but I've accepted that its who I am. I've never been small, ever since I hit my teenage years. Losing 20 pounds would be great, but I've resigned my self to the fact I will never be a trim 120!

Nice site Ashen!! There were steps where we got married (mind you, not nearly that much) and I was nervous about breaking my neck too! There was actually a huge rainstorm right before the wedding, and they were all slippery and wet. I ended up having my bridesmaids go down barefoot so they wouldn't fall. I wasn't very smart and picked out 3.5 inch heels for them to wear... down stairs and into grass. That was a bad decision, but the barefoot thing actually turned out kinda cute! So my one word of advice would be to wear flats or sandals... or nothing at all.

Well, after some thinking and talking to a friend in the US and showing her the dress I want and stuff, I think I've decided to go ahead with a ceremony in May.

Even if my parents don't come.

I don't care if the ceremony's only like 10 people big, I dont care if I dont have professional photography.

I want to just find some secluded bit of beach and just do a small ceremony for friends.

I think it'd even be funny to do some vows that aren't very traditional, since we're not into tradition and I would want to make it fun.

I feel I wouldn't be happy with a normal ceremony. I want something so simple that I dont even spend 1000 dollars on it.

Who cares what my parents think. They can come down for the signing, but sorry mom, I'm having a ceremony in May whether you come or not :P

Even if I have to pay for it all.

Well, after some thinking and talking to a friend in the US and showing her the dress I want and stuff, I think I've decided to go ahead with a ceremony in May.

I don't care if the ceremony's only like 10 people big, I dont care if I dont have professional photography.

I want to just find some secluded bit of beach and just do a small ceremony for friends.

I think it'd even be funny to do some vows that aren't very traditional, since we're not into tradition and I would want to make it fun.

I feel I wouldn't be happy with a normal ceremony. I want something so simple that I dont even spend 1000 dollars on it.

Who cares what my parents think. They can come down for the signing, but sorry mom, I'm having a ceremony in May whether you come or not :P

Good idea :) It will be nice to have your parents there, but HEY, if they want to be there for the signing so badly, then they'll be there for the part that 'they' think is important. You should do this for yourself anyways. It sounds like a really fun idea. Can I come? ;) LOL jk

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Good idea :) It will be nice to have your parents there, but HEY, if they want to be there for the signing so badly, then they'll be there for the part that 'they' think is important. You should do this for yourself anyways. It sounds like a really fun idea. Can I come? ;) LOL jk

You can if you want :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.