July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all! I've been so busy last little while...and soon it will be all over this weekend! Only 2 days away. I think we're ready... :lol: Then we're going on a road trip for 3 weeks so I'll post pic's when I get back!

Wow...tomorrow nights the rehearsal!!

Congratulations!! All the best to you!!

Huggles- OMG! $180!!! Just for a bustle and sleeves! :o

I wanted to kill! :bonk: haha

Bill's grandma really wanted us to do marriage counseling but we didn't feel as though we really needed it, or wanted it. I think it may be a nice thing to do if you have the time and the desire, of if you're a religious person wanting to comply with the laws of the church... otherwise, I don't see it as very valuable, at least in our case. We've spent years doing nothing but talking for hours each day, I can't imagine a topic we haven't covered! Although I grew up a Catholic, I stop practicing years ago. We had a nondenominational officiant perform our ceremony and he was amazing! When we started planning the wedding the only stipulation I had was no churches. But that's just me personal feelings on the topic... god and I don't always get along.

Hello all! I've been so busy last little while...and soon it will be all over this weekend! Only 2 days away. I think we're ready... :lol: Then we're going on a road trip for 3 weeks so I'll post pic's when I get back!

Wow...tomorrow nights the rehearsal!!

Congratulations!! All the best to you!!

Huggles- OMG! $180!!! Just for a bustle and sleeves! :o

I wanted to kill! :bonk: haha

Bill's grandma really wanted us to do marriage counseling but we didn't feel as though we really needed it, or wanted it. I think it may be a nice thing to do if you have the time and the desire, of if you're a religious person wanting to comply with the laws of the church... otherwise, I don't see it as very valuable, at least in our case. We've spent years doing nothing but talking for hours each day, I can't imagine a topic we haven't covered! Although I grew up a Catholic, I stop practicing years ago. We had a nondenominational officiant perform our ceremony and he was amazing! When we started planning the wedding the only stipulation I had was no churches. But that's just me personal feelings on the topic... god and I don't always get along.

I was also born and raised Catholic, but do not affiliate with any specific church. We are getting married in a United Methodist Church and I felt comfortable in that kind of church after being introduced to it. We have pre marital counselling sessions, but only 3 of them, we have already had 2. The last one is when I arrive. I was pretty open with the pastor about my previous affiliation and that I care to call myself a Christian now.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

The pre-marital counseling we're doing right now is not with a church, but a separate counseling company.

I would like to say that my fiance and I have covered everything we need to, we do talk for hours everyday, however I'm sure there are things we are going to need to work out, and having someone objectively look in from the outside is always good.

Like one of the things I brought up is that I won't have any friends when I move down (Other than him and his friends), and how are we going to deal with him being pretty much my only friend until I find some here... just things like that that I might not think about until I move and I'm actually married.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

As the experienced married person of 2 years (almost)...haha. I can tell you and I'm sure others will. You haven't cpovered everything, but that is ok. I was single for ever and had always done everyything, it was hard for me to realize there was someone else who did stuff too

hmm - we should make a list of things we realized we hadn't covered in conversation before the big move and the wedding. I'll start....

1. What is your billing paying style - do you pay them when you receive them if possible or wait til the last day they're due? I ticked myt husband off initially because I pay them when they arrive instead of waiting, he pays them when due.

2. Who will make dinner, what will you do if the dinner person doesn't feel like making it tonight? As a single person, I could make whatever decision I wanted, but now I felt it was necessary to plan dinner every night and I didn't want to let folks down if they were expecting it...yah, that didn't work out ;)

Please continue......

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
As the experienced married person of 2 years (almost)...haha. I can tell you and I'm sure others will. You haven't cpovered everything, but that is ok. I was single for ever and had always done everyything, it was hard for me to realize there was someone else who did stuff too

hmm - we should make a list of things we realized we hadn't covered in conversation before the big move and the wedding. I'll start....

1. What is your billing paying style - do you pay them when you receive them if possible or wait til the last day they're due? I ticked myt husband off initially because I pay them when they arrive instead of waiting, he pays them when due.

2. Who will make dinner, what will you do if the dinner person doesn't feel like making it tonight? As a single person, I could make whatever decision I wanted, but now I felt it was necessary to plan dinner every night and I didn't want to let folks down if they were expecting it...yah, that didn't work out ;)

Please continue......

Great post Udella. I agree, even though we spent hours upon hours on the phone for almost 10 years ( yes 10!) we still have a lot to learn. A lot of it has to do with adjusting to being together in the same house, same room, same place all the time. We are still getting used to it. I'm looking forward to precana because I like hearing different perspectives on things and it will be nice to learn about eachother from a different persepective in that kind of a setting.

- Grocery shopping - my husband likes to buy just the basics and things we need THAT week. He does not like to stockpile, he does not like to buy snacks or just keep things on hand. I on the other hand come from a house that has its cupboards full. I like to buy things when they are on sale to keep for later... etc.

There is more, but I need to finish working so I can leave at 5... I'll be back!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I can honestly say that after being married for a month and a half nothing has really come up that we didn't talk about while we were dating. I'm sure things will come up eventually, you're right, but I can't imagine it being anything we can't work out on our own. We are both really easy going laid back people that don't let stupid things bother us. I'm just saying that pre-marital counseling probably isn't going to be helpful for everyone... for us, there is no way we would have taken any of it seriously. I think its something you need to really believe in it if you're going to do it...

Its funny you bring up the dinner thing! I can't cook and I hate it. He's known this for years! But for some reason he still gets disappointed when I don't want to cook or when I tell him I refuse to make something complicated. Men! You can talk about these things all you want but when you're in that situation its like all the knowledge and discussion goes out the window :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I thought these wedding pics were cute..

http://www.ourblogoflove.com/index.cfm?postID=326

OMG those pics are awesome!

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

I found out today how much my uncle charges for wedding photography.

You get the disk, the printed out pictures, an album for the bride and the photography session for only 1200 dollars!

It's soooooo cheap compared to other photograhers I've heard of.

He even does photoshop work on them to make some of them more fun :lol:

And the linked photos are amazing!

The colours are bold and just so nice.

I need to bookmark this :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Please continue......

I didn't see this until now! I totally agree with you Udella! I think the advantage I have with my fiance is that we got to see each other daily (or almost daily) while dating because I lived in the U.S. for the almost 4 years we dated, going to school.The last year of the student visa we moved in together so this past 1.5 years has been extremely tough being separated! I know what he's like for bill paying and stuff already and I know if he could we would order pizza 3x a week! I am sooo pepperoni pizza'd out!! :lol: I like to cook, he is just a picky eater so it all depends on our moods...LOL...We can plan meals but then he can come home and say...I don't want that tonight, well there goes MY plan! :lol: Most of the time its not a big deal, I just get excited to try out a new recipe!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
I found out today how much my uncle charges for wedding photography.

You get the disk, the printed out pictures, an album for the bride and the photography session for only 1200 dollars!

It's soooooo cheap compared to other photograhers I've heard of.

He even does photoshop work on them to make some of them more fun :lol:

Wow, $1,200 is amazing! My sister normally charges $2,500 for a wedding, then extra for printed pictures. I'm really lucky she did them for free!

I looked at some other photographers in the area and some of them charged over $4,000...

I am kind of curious to see if he'd do my wedding photography for free though.

I mean, he is family, and I guess it would be a wedding gift.

A sort of expensive one, but a wedding gift none the less.

I've seen all my uncle's photography, and it's amazing.

I don't think I'd choose anyone else after seeing his photography, unless of course he couldn't make it to the US.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I was searching for photographers on Craigslist for a friend of mine and I found a bunch that were under 1000..

Ya know, it's funny. I never think of Craigslist, because Kijiji is more common in our area instead. I just had a quick look for less than 15 mins on Craigslist, and found a TON of photographers. The photographer thing was becoming a big stress on me, but I think I'll find my solution here! Thanks for the idea ;)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Well, as far as photographers go I'm picky. I found a couple under $1,000 but they either didn't have sample pictures, or the samples looked like #######! So just be careful. You don't want to get some high school kid with a 4 mega pixel Kodak taking pictures for some money to pay his speeding ticket :P But there also a good possibility you can find someone good for a deal, you never know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.