July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We asked for cash for gifts - basically told everyone that we already had all household goods and we'd rather have cash to go towards our schooling. We did get a few gifts and a few gifts of money. We dreaded how to word the request - because you all are right, it is pretty darned tacky, but given our situation, we just didn't have room for gifts.

As far as hair - I had flowers and what a pain in the ####### it was to remove them from my hair!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline
I've been told to make a registry by my future SIL as eitherwise I will get a bunch of random stuff. If you make a registry, you can let people know if they ask, but you can also tell them you don't expect to get anything. For me thats the boat I'm in, I don't expect anything, their presence at my wedding is enough, but I also don't want 50 slow cookers lol.

Is it kind of weird that I do? :blush:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I've been told to make a registry by my future SIL as eitherwise I will get a bunch of random stuff. If you make a registry, you can let people know if they ask, but you can also tell them you don't expect to get anything. For me thats the boat I'm in, I don't expect anything, their presence at my wedding is enough, but I also don't want 50 slow cookers lol.

Is it kind of weird that I do? :blush:

:lol: I'm good with only 49 slow cookers and 1 blender :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Thanks for the tips and ideas everyone :)

I don't want any gifts even though we'll need stuff for the house... I don't want people from Canada to send anything with me when I move (already hard enough packing my own stuff in! lol) or having to pay to ship things to us. A friend of mine suggested registering on Amazon? Apparently you can do that, or register for gift cards or something... then we can order what we want. I was also thinking about doing that honeymoon registry thing that i've seen, but can't think of anywhere in the US that I'd want to go before I get my AP to travel elsewhere. lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
:lol: I'm good with only 49 slow cookers and 1 blender :lol:

Or maybe 40 slowcookers and 5 blenders (for a variety of blender drinks), and 5 food processors so you can do more than one task at a time. :)

oooooh I like it!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Don't forget a stand-alone mixer. I could user another one of those.

BTW, Alfred Angelo is having a sale this weekend. Here's the coupon:

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Events/Promo.aspx?promoid=19

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

but can't think of anywhere in the US that I'd want to go before I get my AP to travel elsewhere. lol

Oh! Speaking of which! On your website it had a poll. I wanted to say that a train trip across Canada would be totally awesome! But maybe as a 10 year anniversary trip or something. For a honemoon I would absolutely recommend Europe. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah they sent me one too...but I'm not down there to shop ><

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

hehe I am, but I already have my wedding dress! I told my fiance we could go pick one out that I could wear for my civil wedding :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

but can't think of anywhere in the US that I'd want to go before I get my AP to travel elsewhere. lol

Oh! Speaking of which! On your website it had a poll. I wanted to say that a train trip across Canada would be totally awesome! But maybe as a 10 year anniversary trip or something. For a honemoon I would absolutely recommend Europe. :thumbs:

haha cool :D Thanks! I'd love to go to Europe. i'm hoping we can make it work, even if it's a slightly delayed honeymoon. lol

As for appliances... are any of you familiar with Pampered Chef?!?! Well, they do 'gadgets' and cookware I'd say, more than appliances, but MAN their stuff rocks!! I (L) their can opener! :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

hehe I am, but I already have my wedding dress! I told my fiance we could go pick one out that I could wear for my civil wedding :)

I so need to find something for my civil, even if its just a little summer dress.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

As for appliances... are any of you familiar with Pampered Chef?!?! Well, they do 'gadgets' and cookware I'd say, more than appliances, but MAN their stuff rocks!! I (L) their can opener! :lol:

I have a few things from them! SOOOOOOOOO expensive. Which is why I only have a few. :lol: But their pop can opener.... I love it! I want to get one for my Mom. Are you talking about a regular can opener or the pop can opener?

This is the one I'm talking about: Easy Opener.

iagree.gif

I have a few things from them! SOOOOOOOOO expensive. Which is why I only have a few. :lol: But their pop can opener.... I love it! I want to get one for my Mom. Are you talking about a regular can opener or the pop can opener?

This is the one I'm talking about: Easy Opener.

yeah, they are really expensive :( 2 of my aunts used to sell it.. which was bad for me.. LOL

i'm talking about this one https://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_...ds=can%20opener (L)

It cuts it just under the ridge of the top of the can along the side, instead of within the top, so that you can use the cut off part as a lid after... uh.. if that even make sense. LOL Either way :thumb:!!

I don't have the can opener that you linked too, but I'm developing carpel tunnel I think, so I should... lol I do have the jar opener though.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.