July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Here is the plan at the moment for favors: Our colors are black, red and white and I am using roses for the bouquets, plus rose petals for table confetti, so I think the rose ball candles would be a neat fit.

http://www.itsourday.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;strVarSel=2

Those are so cute!

Here is a version of our favors... we will be putting the favors grouped together on the table, that

Those are just like the ones we used for nameplates!: What we used. I do like your idea of putting the menu choice on them too. That's very thoughtful of you. Makes things flow a lot faster, with fewer interruptions.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cute July! We have a hearts theme going on, those would be really nice. I thought getting clips for the table cards would be an extra, unneeded expense... I didn't think of giving them away as favors! Thats smart.

I've been trying to jaz up my card box, we'll see how it works out. If it looks good i'll show you some pictures!

Filed: Timeline
Cute July! We have a hearts theme going on, those would be really nice. I thought getting clips for the table cards would be an extra, unneeded expense... I didn't think of giving them away as favors! Thats smart.

Yeah, those clips came in really handy. Everyone's house I go to who came to our wedding ceremony has them on a counter or a desk somewhere using them.... and that was 2.5 years ago. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, those clips came in really handy. Everyone's house I go to who came to our wedding ceremony has them on a counter or a desk somewhere using them.... and that was 2.5 years ago. :)

Wow, really? Maybe I should forgo the personalized M&M's and get some clips. I've also thought about getting some paper fans for guests at our outdoor ceremony... It might be a little warm. But, they're going to be $100, and they seem kinda cheap, and I don't know if anyone would really use them. Another idea I had was getting some buckets, fill them with ice and have bottles of water out by the seating area to help people stay cool.. that may be more economical.

This is just an example of the wedding invitation Tim is thinking of doing. I love how he thinks outside the box!! Just like me!! :star:

She from the west coast

He from the east.

She from the north

He from the south.

She from Canada

He from the United States.

But God, in His devine providence, brought them together in a land of paradise.

The honor of your presence is requested as the most important page yet in the storybook relationship of TIM XXXXX and JOYCE XXXX is turned on September 19, 2009

at three o'clock in the afternoon in the sanctuary of First United Pentecostal Church,

XX XXXXXXXXX Sumter, SC.

Reception will follow in the American Legion Building on XXXXXXX, Sumter, SC

Course we need to work on the wording just a tad..:lol: but it should be reading close to this. The invitation he found have a palm tree embossed on the front, to represent us meeting in Hawaii. (and living in SC)

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Here is the plan at the moment for favors: Our colors are black, red and white and I am using roses for the bouquets, plus rose petals for table confetti, so I think the rose ball candles would be a neat fit.

http://www.itsourday.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;strVarSel=2

Those are so cute!

Here is a version of our favors... we will be putting the favors grouped together on the table, that

Those are just like the ones we used for nameplates!: What we used. I do like your idea of putting the menu choice on them too. That's very thoughtful of you. Makes things flow a lot faster, with fewer interruptions.

Ugh! we haven't exactly thought about party favours yet....I'll have to get thinking fast!! Gracious! This summer is going to fly by! Other than leis for everyone, I'd like to get something with our names, and date, but not sure what yet... :wacko:

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

This is just an example of the wedding invitation Tim is thinking of doing. I love how he thinks outside the box!! Just like me!! :star:

She from the west coast

He from the east.

She from the north

He from the south.

She from Canada

The honor of your presence is requested as the most important page yet in the storybook relationship of TIM XXXXX and JOYCE XXXX is turned on September 19, 2009

at three o'clock in the afternoon in the sanctuary of First United Pentecostal Church,

XX XXXXXXXXX Sumter, SC.

Course we need to work on the wording just a tad..:lol: but it should be reading close to this. The invitation he found have a palm tree embossed on the front, to represent us meeting in Hawaii. (and living in SC)

I love it!! :D

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

We're somewhat forgoing wedding favours. I haven't thought through the entire thing in detail as to how we'll present it exactly, because we have a year to go... lol but we have decided that we're going to take the amount of money we probably would've spent on favours (i.e. $2-3 per person or so), and pick 2 charities and donate the equivalent amount to each charity instead. We're going to do an animal rescue charity, and a charity that does work supporting families and nature reconstruction for areas affected by the wildfires in Santa Barbara. We'll probably have a little card detailing such for each person to take with them. So, I guess the card will be the memento. Maybe they'll carry it around in their wallets :lol:

On another note... has anyone done the disposable camera thing? Where you put a camera on each table or something and allow guests to use them, then you gather the cameras at the end of the night and get them developed... I really want to do this, but am not sure the most economical way to get them 'developed'... we don't really want all the pictures on film and printed, so want to do digital disposables (which Kodak has apparently) so we can just upload them to our computers... I was also wanting to put a list at each table, of 10 specific things during the night that I want people to take pictures of... i.e. 'cake cutting' 'first dance' 'favourite flowers' 'favourite guest' 'favourite outfit' 'group shot of everyone at the table'.. etc. I just think it'd be awesome to have a collection of photos of the night from different view points. Often I think we don't end up seeing everyone else's photos from gatherings like this (though facebook certainly helps in that regard). Plus it'll give our photographer a break and allow her to focus on some creativity.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

She from the west coast

He from the east.

She from the north

He from the south.

She from Canada

XX XXXXXXXXX Sumter, SC.

I love it!! :D

Thanks! I really love Tim's style. He doesn't want a "traditional" saying....

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

On another note... has anyone done the disposable camera thing? Where you put a camera on each table or something and allow guests to use them, then you gather the cameras at the end of the night and get them developed... I really want to do this, but am not sure the most economical way to get them 'developed'... we don't really want all the pictures on film and printed, so want to do digital disposables (which Kodak has apparently) so we can just upload them to our computers... I was also wanting to put a list at each table, of 10 specific things during the night that I want people to take pictures of... i.e. 'cake cutting' 'first dance' 'favourite flowers' 'favourite guest' 'favourite outfit' 'group shot of everyone at the table'.. etc. I just think it'd be awesome to have a collection of photos of the night from different view points. Often I think we don't end up seeing everyone else's photos from gatherings like this (though facebook certainly helps in that regard). Plus it'll give our photographer a break and allow her to focus on some creativity.

Ashenflowers!! What a great idea! I haven't heard about the digital throwaways, but even the other kind wouldn't be so bad. Depending on the tables, I'd just get one or two and let people go for it! Another great one, would be to let children take pictures. I used to work in a photo lab, and remember developing a camera that a young child had. The pictures where great! From a child's point of view. I'm going to ask Tim if he's heard of the ones Kodak does. Maybe just mix them a bit.

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Ashenflowers!! What a great idea! I haven't heard about the digital throwaways, but even the other kind wouldn't be so bad. Depending on the tables, I'd just get one or two and let people go for it! Another great one, would be to let children take pictures. I used to work in a photo lab, and remember developing a camera that a young child had. The pictures where great! From a child's point of view. I'm going to ask Tim if he's heard of the ones Kodak does. Maybe just mix them a bit.

Thanks! This is my most exciting idea so far :lol: I'm having a hard time convincing the hubby to be though.. he loves the idea, but just wants to buy memory cards and have people use their own cameras and turn in the cards?? I think that would be way too hard to coordinate, as different cameras take different cards, and what if someone doesn't have a camera, then t hey can't participate, and we want different people at each table to take turns taking the pics, so then they'd have to either lend our their camera, or switch the card all night, and they're small so it'd be easy to lose.. etc etc etc... ugh. Try convincing him that :P LOL Anyways... I'd love whatever information you could give! The child's perspective is a great idea! We'll have a few children as guests, so will have to make sure they have an opportunity to contribute to that :)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

We're somewhat forgoing wedding favours. I haven't thought through the entire thing in detail as to how we'll present it exactly, because we have a year to go... lol but we have decided that we're going to take the amount of money we probably would've spent on favours (i.e. $2-3 per person or so), and pick 2 charities and donate the equivalent amount to each charity instead. We're going to do an animal rescue charity, and a charity that does work supporting families and nature reconstruction for areas affected by the wildfires in Santa Barbara. We'll probably have a little card detailing such for each person to take with them. So, I guess the card will be the memento. Maybe they'll carry it around in their wallets :lol:

Thats a really good idea to give the $$ to charity!!

As far as the disposable camera thing..we are not doing it, only because my fiance hates the idea. He thinks its tacky, I don't mind the idea myself, but we will have our photographer there for the first two hours of the reception, which will hopefully include the cake cutting, first dance..etc. I will tell you this, when I was a kid and I attended a wedding, they had disposable cameras on the table, we did take pictures of the bride and all that jazz, took some pictures of my family....what did I do....I took the camera home with me instead of leaving it on the round table or at the gift table...whoops!! As long as you have instructions for what pics you want AND to leave the camera on the table you might be ok...unless you get a kid like me...hahaha!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Thats a really good idea to give the $$ to charity!!

As far as the disposable camera thing..we are not doing it, only because my fiance hates the idea. He thinks its tacky, I don't mind the idea myself, but we will have our photographer there for the first two hours of the reception, which will hopefully include the cake cutting, first dance..etc. I will tell you this, when I was a kid and I attended a wedding, they had disposable cameras on the table, we did take pictures of the bride and all that jazz, took some pictures of my family....what did I do....I took the camera home with me instead of leaving it on the round table or at the gift table...whoops!! As long as you have instructions for what pics you want AND to leave the camera on the table you might be ok...unless you get a kid like me...hahaha!

LOL Yeah, don't worry, we'll have a plan to get all the cameras back for sure... or at least the a way to get the pics if that happens... I'll be pissed if someone just takes them home.. I'll be calling ma and pa to mail me the camera since we'll be going back to the US afterwards! LOL

I was just reading that it isn't really digital.. it is like a regular disposable.. just when you develop the pictures you get them on a CD too

Yeah... maybe it wasn't Kodak, cause I saw something different when I was looking at them a couple weeks ago... can't find it now.. it's lost in one of those late night internet surfing randoms... lol

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.