July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG!!! I'm so excited! One of my friends just contacted me via FaceBook that she got our invitation today. I just put them in the mail YESTERDAY!!! I'm sooo stinkin' excited! I can't stop smiling! OMG... this is REALLY happening!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

:dance: It makes it so much more real eh!?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG!!! I'm so excited! One of my friends just contacted me via FaceBook that she got our invitation today. I just put them in the mail YESTERDAY!!! I'm sooo stinkin' excited! I can't stop smiling! OMG... this is REALLY happening!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

:dance: It makes it so much more real eh!?

It really, really does! Kind of surreal right now.........

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Organza or Satin chair sashes?

I vote for satin. (But I'm a couple of days late on this... so you may have already made a decision!)

Edit note:

Okay, so you already chose satin. Yea!!! The satin really does match your invite well. I LOVE that color turquoise... just absolutely love it. That is my favorite color of all time. Always has been... but couldn't get the flowers I wanted in that color, so went with the back-up color of dark pink. Huggles - those are perfect!

Thanks! Its a little lighter from the shade I was going for but I'm getting an awesome deal on the linens so I'm rolling with it. The flowers are a problem, you're right, because nature doesn't make an aqua or turquoise flower... This is where the red accents come in! My MOH finally went to get her dress yesterday and It will be ready in time, so i'm feeling a lot calmer about things now. I let them all pick out their own and I'm pretty happy nobody ended up getting something really ugly :lol:

Your flowergirl is a doll! We don't have a flowergirl or a ring barer... All the children in our lives are spoiled brats and I didn't want to deal with it on the wedding day :lol:

I'm still waiting on my American stamps! I've come to the conclusion that Canada Post is one thing I will not miss about Canada.

Timeline

Why do most places not offer chair covers as part of the regular cost? I don't get why they charge extra for chair covers. After all, they have them sitting there, why not put them to use?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Anyone doing hotel guest bags? I got this idea from a friend of mine.

She had some people coming in from out of town, and so she put together a basket/bag for each hotel room/guest. I'm not sure they were all staying at the same hotel. Since I think most of our guests are staying at the hotel where we are having the reception, it would be easy for me to do this.

Anyway, here are my ideas. What'cha think? These are all items made in Michigan. I'm thinking simple baskets from dollar store or paper gift bags. We would set them up, so when people checked in to the hotel, this would be a welcome gift! The people at the front desk would distribute them. (The manager we're working with said they would do this for us!)

INFO

There would be a map/address/phone numbers and listing of nearby stores, restaurants, etc. Anything people might need or want!

SNACKS

• Kelloggs/Keebler (Battle Creek) - anything that comes in small packages from Costco!!!

• Better Made Chips (Detroit)

o http://bmchips.com/50-Count-Chip-Case.aspx

o case of 50 chips for $16.95

o Merchandise is available for pick up at the Better Made Factory outlet store. The outlet store is located at 10148 Gratiot Ave. Detroit, MI

• Kar’s (Madison Heights) – Kar’s Nuts

o http://store.karsnuts.com/xcart/product.ph...=1&featured

o Sweet & Salty individual bags – 24 bags in a “Caddy”

o 3 Caddies with 10% discount

DRINKS

• AbsoPure Water (Plymouth)

• Faygo (Detroit)

• WINE!!! Winter White (Leelanau Cellars on the Leelanau Peninsula) or Pink Side of the Moon (Karma Vista in Coloma) (There are many wineries here in MI and these are our favorite white and red.)

RANDOM COUPONS

• Borders Book Stores (Ann Arbor)

FOOD COUPONS

• Little Caesar’s (Detroit)

• Domino’s Pizza (Ann Arbor)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Why do most places not offer chair covers as part of the regular cost? I don't get why they charge extra for chair covers. After all, they have them sitting there, why not put them to use?

My guess is the labor-intensive part to put them on, take them off, and launder them. Yeah, what a pain. The place where we're going to be doesn't even have any. We had to contract with someone to get them! But, I figure, the black and white linens are "standard" for where we'll be and no extra charge for specific colors. So, extra cost for specific colors will be spent on chair covers. The gal we're using for the chair covers added in the satin for no charge b/c we reserved so early. In addition, she's including plate chargers for the head table at n/c. All the tables will have white linens with black chair covers and white satin ties, while the head table will have white with black ties.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

That's a great idea July! My sister did that last year, for her wedding in Montreal. We did these little baskets with snacks, water, mini kleenex, purell, maps of Montreal, etc. The guests really loved it!

My guess is the labor-intensive part to put them on, take them off, and launder them. Yeah, what a pain. The place where we're going to be doesn't even have any. We had to contract with someone to get them! But, I figure, the black and white linens are "standard" for where we'll be and no extra charge for specific colors. So, extra cost for specific colors will be spent on chair covers. The gal we're using for the chair covers added in the satin for no charge b/c we reserved so early. In addition, she's including plate chargers for the head table at n/c. All the tables will have white linens with black chair covers and white satin ties, while the head table will have white with black ties.

That sounds nice! I haven't asked yet how much they are at the place we're booking, but I know it's extra. Hopefully not too much extra, as I really do want the covers. Makes the room look so much nicer!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
That's a great idea July! My sister did that last year, for her wedding in Montreal. We did these little baskets with snacks, water, mini kleenex, purell, maps of Montreal, etc. The guests really loved it!

Ohhh... forgot about those! I also just thought about a mini first aid kit... band-aids, tylenol/motrin, etc. Hmmm... wonder if I can buy travel size of meds - without spending an arm & a leg!!??

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Ohhh... forgot about those! I also just thought about a mini first aid kit... band-aids, tylenol/motrin, etc. Hmmm... wonder if I can buy travel size of meds - without spending an arm & a leg!!??

Yeah you can!! At Walmart or Target, usually by the check-out, they have those tiny Motrin or Tylenol pill cases.... fits about 6 or so pills.... that's a great idea for your guests who may have hangovers after your wedding :lol:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Yeah you can!! At Walmart or Target, usually by the check-out, they have those tiny Motrin or Tylenol pill cases.... fits about 6 or so pills.... that's a great idea for your guests who may have hangovers after your wedding :lol:

You read my mind! There are a few who keep mentioning to me that theis is a weekend away without kids and they plan on having fun, adult style! So, I was thinking they might need something the morning after. But, I also know sometimes I get a headache after I fly (sinus issuses). So, maybe people will have them for before and after! lol :P

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

No kidding Jill! Our site wants to charge us $6.50 per chair cover+ an additional mystery charge for sashes. That's insane! I'm buying all my chair covers and sashes online for cheaper then they are asking from us to rent them. I asked them If I could just bring my own and they said its not a problem at all... which makes even less sense! If they were willing to rent them for $3 or under I would have just paid to rent, then they'd make some money opposed to none!

Never thought of the hotel packages! I don't think i've ever heard of anyone doing that but great idea! Maybe I'll do something similar...

Check out this site: http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/

Things are pretty cheap! I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them in our color so I could make sure they aren't faulty or cheaply produced and everything looks really great!

Timeline
No kidding Jill! Our site wants to charge us $6.50 per chair cover+ an additional mystery charge for sashes. That's insane! I'm buying all my chair covers and sashes online for cheaper then they are asking from us to rent them. I asked them If I could just bring my own and they said its not a problem at all... which makes even less sense! If they were willing to rent them for $3 or under I would have just paid to rent, then they'd make some money opposed to none!

Never thought of the hotel packages! I don't think i've ever heard of anyone doing that but great idea! Maybe I'll do something similar...

Things are pretty cheap! I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them in our color so I could make sure they aren't faulty or cheaply produced and everything looks really great!

I have no idea what I would do if I bought the covers/sashes. Perhaps rent them out? Nope. Try to sell them?? Maybe... to a local vendor that was too expensive for me to use? Probably. LOL I'd say used once and laundered... and I guess try to make some money back!

What are your plans for when you're done with the covers & sashes?

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I have no idea what I would do if I bought the covers/sashes. Perhaps rent them out? Nope. Try to sell them?? Maybe... to a local vendor that was too expensive for me to use? Probably. LOL I'd say used once and laundered... and I guess try to make some money back!

I already have a buyer for the chair covers, and then I plan to put the sashes up on ebay and just take whatever I can get. I think of it this way... I pay $6.50 to rent the chair cover, or I pay $3 and buy it, and then get something for it after? Getting anything would be better then renting. Actually, getting nothing would still be better than renting. Going and throwing them into a dumpster after the wedding? Still better than renting. See where I'm going with this? :lol: As far as the sashes go, they site didn't even have my color and the rental places again, wanted to charge more for renting the sash then I am paying to buy ($1.50-2... even $3.50) So It only makes sense to me. Even if I just throw them away in the end, it still makes sense to me.

Timeline

Thanks for the website, will check it out.... so since you're supplying them, do you have to put them on yourself?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I already have a buyer for the chair covers, and then I plan to put the sashes up on ebay and just take whatever I can get. I think of it this way... I pay $6.50 to rent the chair cover, or I pay $3 and buy it, and then get something for it after? Getting anything would be better then renting. Actually, getting nothing would still be better than renting. Going and throwing them into a dumpster after the wedding? Still better than renting. See where I'm going with this? :lol: As far as the sashes go, they site didn't even have my color and the rental places again, wanted to charge more for renting the sash then I am paying to buy ($1.50-2... even $3.50) So It only makes sense to me. Even if I just throw them away in the end, it still makes sense to me.

Love it!!! That's awesome!!! I wonder if the rental place realize they're being underSOLD by other companies??? That's great!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.