July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You doing the checklist from The Knot? I didn't do everything on my list.

There are plenty of things on the "checklist" from the Knot that I checked without doing since they didn't apply but others do actually apply so I am doing those.

I finally got a hold of the woman who is "coordinating" my wedding day. Basically the woman who will do the running around on the wedding day so I won't have to. After talking to her I have a lot more confidence in what I have done.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline

My friend finished the bridesmaids dresses and I picked them up today. I love the color blue and this picture doesn't even do it justice!

post-76340-091604500 1277493493_thumb.jpg

Also got my veil and my shoes (my friend spray painted them to match my dress, because she thought they would look better than the gold color I picked, whatever, no big deal).

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our formal wedding on Sat. It was small with just immediate family, but turned out really nice. We were able to work with with the minister to really personalize the ceremony. We had a small reception with a dinner afterward, it was a nice chance for our families to get to know each other a bit. I was a bit disappointed that none of my Canadian friends made much of an effort to attend, but in the grand scheme of things the day was about us, and not who attended the wedding!! Here are a couple of pics from our day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Beautiful pictures Colleens, you both look great.

I didn't even notice the "baby belly" :lol: because that cake looked too delicious.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Well our wedding pictures are finally up and running.

http://www.pictage.com/703863

have a looksee!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Very Nice! You look gorgeous and I love your Bridesmaid dresses.

I just realized no one got to see out pictures cause our photographer's website sucks. So we put them on our website. Here they are! : http://www.mikenlisa.net/images/ceremony/

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Well our wedding pictures are finally up and running.

http://www.pictage.com/703863

have a looksee!

Beautiful! I love your dress, it looks so princessey :)

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Yay for pics! Everyone looks so nice! Colleens, we're stealing your colours. :} Peachey, lol @ pre-wedding jam session! xD Kayla, your dress is gorgeous and you looked radiant! So much fun!! Gratz to all of you!

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats ColleenS and Kayla - you both look amazing!

Kayla - I love your colors and flowers!! Sooo fun!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline

My daughter and I went to get our wedding hair trial on Saturday. Hers looked absolutely beautiful. Mine was kind of Audrey Hepburnish. I also got my mother-of-the-bride dress (below) and the dress for the rehearsal and dinner. I can't capture an image of the rehearsal dress so here is the link: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446256899&afsrc=1&site_refer=SHOP002&srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=24-92187386-2

It's interesting that they're both Tadashi Shoji designs. I have another cocktail dress by him and didn't even realize it.

MotheroftheBrideDress.jpg

iagree.gif

Timeline

My wedding photographer was so amazing. I literally wanted to strangle my minister and I thought that most of my pictures would turn out botched because I'd be cussing or giving him the evil eye the whole time, but as it turns out theres very minimal shots of my angry face, lol. Just a lot of me trying not to cry and in turn, looking kind of grumpy. But I'll take that better than red faced, snotty nosed, and crying like a 3-year old. :)

Our wedding colors were not even the colors that I wanted in the first place. One of my bridesmaids and I went to Davids Bridal to try some dresses for the girls and decided to try a plain dress and a sash, but they didn't have the color that I wanted in the sash. So just to see what the idea looked like she grabbed a purple sash and put on her hot pink dress. The rest was history. I fell in love right then and there.

I wish I could do my wedding day every day. You know, minus that evil minister. He's a bad, bad man. :angry:

Everyone's pictures look so prettyyy. :luv:

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Very Nice! You look gorgeous and I love your Bridesmaid dresses.

I just realized no one got to see out pictures cause our photographer's website sucks. So we put them on our website. Here they are! : http://www.mikenlisa.net/images/ceremony/

Ah Peachey! I missed this the other day! What a beautiful wedding!! :D You guys look great!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Oooh I found this thread! So, I'm not working still but pending on getting a job I'm hoping to still have our fancy wedding next October. My husband's cousins wife (hereforth called Mandy) took me to Davids bridal the other day. I wasn't planning on getting anything, was just there to try on a few different styles to see what I liked so that once I'm working I could come back and have an easier time. Yeah....that went well....lol. I tried on this dress and fell in love, even more so when they informed me its being discontinued so was $250 off. The most beautiful dress ever and it was only 399.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/Danu/Wedding%20Dress/?start=0 dont mind any funny faces, she was taking pictures while i was talking lol.

Now I have questions though lol. I'm sure a lot of you did a lot of hunting online and might have some ideas for me. I tried on a tiara with the dress and I loved it but it was $200 and I'm trying to keep the costs down. Any of you have any good sites to look at?

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.