July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So is there anybody else getting married this summer/fall?

June 9, 2009 - SapphireDreams (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 7, 2009 - PopRocks (Beach/Legal wedding)

July 17, 2009 - July09Bride (Church/Legal wedding)

July 17, 2009 - Kristin & TorontoGuy (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 24, 2009- Hapycloud (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 28, 2009- Chadlaure (Civil/Legal wedding)

August 6, 2009 - HuggleBuggles (Ceremonial/Legal wedding)

September 5, 2009 - Chadlaure (Ceremonial wedding)

September 19 2009 - TimandJoyce (Ceremonial/Religious/Legal wedding)

October 10, 2009 - Minnew (Church/Legal wedding)

November 14, 2009 - Hapycloud (Church/Ceremonial wedding)

November 25, 2009 - Darkchilde (Legal Wedding)

December 31, 2009 - Peachey and Varba (Legal Wedding)

January 9, 2010 - Sam and Ben (Legal wedding)

January 20, 2010 - Ashenflowers (Beach/Legal wedding)

January 20, 2010 - Danu (Legal Wedding)

January 23, 2010 - Spoom/ScooterMac (Legal/Ceremonial Wedding)

January 27, 2010 - Rhiann (Legal/Ceremonial Wedding)

February 20, 2010 - CDAgirlMI(church/reception wedding)

April 29, 2010 - Arabella (Beach Wedding)

May 1, 2010 - Peachy (Ceremonial Wedding)

May 22, 2010 - Dan & Ali (Ceremonial wedding)

May 23, 2010 - corcor (ceremonial/legal wedding)

June

June 6, 2010 - Kristin & TorontoGuy (Ceremonial wedding)

June 19, 2010 - Starburst (Ceremonial Wedding)

June 22, 2010- Jennarationnext (Ceremonial wedding)

June 26, 2010- Kayla*Mathew (Ceremonial/legal wedding)

June 28, 2010 - Jay & Beverley & Bevie (legal wedding)

July

July 11, 2010 - Lilacvioletiris (church/legal wedding)

August

August 21, 2010 - Krikit's daughter (Church/Legal wedding)

August 28, 2010 - Supportgeek (legal wedding)

September

September 4, 2010 - JillA (Celebration wedding)

September 25, 2010 - SapphireDreams (Church wedding)

October

October 10, 2010 - Frenzyheart (Ceremonial wedding)

November

December

August 13, 2011 - darkchilde794+hunny (Ceremonial Wedding)

-Looks like Kristin & TorontoGuy's next!-

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

June 9, 2009 - SapphireDreams (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 7, 2009 - PopRocks (Beach/Legal wedding)

July 17, 2009 - July09Bride (Church/Legal wedding)

July 17, 2009 - Kristin & TorontoGuy (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 24, 2009- Hapycloud (Civil/Legal wedding)

July 28, 2009- Chadlaure (Civil/Legal wedding)

August 6, 2009 - HuggleBuggles (Ceremonial/Legal wedding)

September 5, 2009 - Chadlaure (Ceremonial wedding)

September 19 2009 - TimandJoyce (Ceremonial/Religious/Legal wedding)

October 10, 2009 - Minnew (Church/Legal wedding)

November 14, 2009 - Hapycloud (Church/Ceremonial wedding)

November 25, 2009 - Darkchilde (Legal Wedding)

December 31, 2009 - Peachey and Varba (Legal Wedding)

January 9, 2010 - Sam and Ben (Legal wedding)

January 20, 2010 - Ashenflowers (Beach/Legal wedding)

January 20, 2010 - Danu (Legal Wedding)

January 23, 2010 - Spoom/ScooterMac (Legal/Ceremonial Wedding)

January 27, 2010 - Rhiann (Legal/Ceremonial Wedding)

February 20, 2010 - CDAgirlMI(church/reception wedding)

April 29, 2010 - Arabella (Beach Wedding)

May 1, 2010 - Peachy (Ceremonial Wedding)

May 22, 2010 - Dan & Ali (Ceremonial wedding)

May 23, 2010 - corcor (ceremonial/legal wedding)

June

June 6, 2010 - Kristin & TorontoGuy (Ceremonial wedding)

June 19, 2010 - Starburst (Ceremonial Wedding)

June 22, 2010- Jennarationnext (Ceremonial wedding)

June 26, 2010- Kayla*Mathew (Ceremonial/legal wedding)

June 28, 2010 - Jay & Beverley & Bevie (legal wedding)

July

July 10, 2010 - Colleens (Ceremonial wedding)

July 11, 2010 - Lilacvioletiris (church/legal wedding)

August

August 21, 2010 - Krikit's daughter (Church/Legal wedding)

August 28, 2010 - Supportgeek (legal wedding)

September

September 4, 2010 - JillA (Celebration wedding)

September 25, 2010 - SapphireDreams (Church wedding)

October

October 10, 2010 - Frenzyheart (Ceremonial wedding)

November

December

August 13, 2011 - darkchilde794+hunny (Ceremonial Wedding)

You can see our wedding pics at www.mikenlisa.net Just scroll down a bit to the ceremony pictures

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

You can see our wedding pics at www.mikenlisa.net Just scroll down a bit to the ceremony pictures

Wow it looks like you had so much fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thirty one days until my wedding! I am so happy that the personal exemption is $800 to take gifts back to the U.S. My fiance's family and friends threw him and me a bridal shower in Canada and I want to take some of the things back with me before he moves. I thought the personal exemption was $400. I am glad that I was wrong!

My fiance' and I will be writing thank you notes tonight (because we have put it off all week and I am going back to the U.S. tomorrow). We need to get our ceremony programs printed out now that we met with the pastor on Sunday night to go over how things will go and in what order. I love vistaprint.com We are going to use them to print out our programs to match our invitations we ordered from them. When I get home hopefully the "return address" stickers I am going to put on our favors to thank people will be in my mailbox. So much to do, so little time!

How are the rest of the summer brides holding out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thirty one days until my wedding! I am so happy that the personal exemption is $800 to take gifts back to the U.S. My fiance's family and friends threw him and me a bridal shower in Canada and I want to take some of the things back with me before he moves. I thought the personal exemption was $400. I am glad that I was wrong!

My fiance' and I will be writing thank you notes tonight (because we have put it off all week and I am going back to the U.S. tomorrow). We need to get our ceremony programs printed out now that we met with the pastor on Sunday night to go over how things will go and in what order. I love vistaprint.com We are going to use them to print out our programs to match our invitations we ordered from them. When I get home hopefully the "return address" stickers I am going to put on our favors to thank people will be in my mailbox. So much to do, so little time!

How are the rest of the summer brides holding out?

That's good to know about the gifts! My bridal shower is in Toronto June 27, and I'm sure we'll get gifts we need to take back.

This weekend I plan to make a list of everything we have left to plan and start buckling down! I have been a bit too laid back about some stuff that needs to get booked or figured out soon!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

That's good to know about the gifts! My bridal shower is in Toronto June 27, and I'm sure we'll get gifts we need to take back.

This weekend I plan to make a list of everything we have left to plan and start buckling down! I have been a bit too laid back about some stuff that needs to get booked or figured out soon!

I found theknot.com to have a nice checklist option that has most of the stuff a "church" wedding would have. I see you were married civilly on my birthday last year. Hope your planning for your church wedding goes well. theknot.com allows you to put in your own "to do's" which helps me not to forget anything that isn't what they consider "normal".

My fiance' just got his suit altered so the legs aren't totally dragging on the ground. He looks so handsome in it! I am getting my flowers done by a woman on etsy.com My bouquet is costing about $50 for flowers that if I got "real" ones would be over a $100. My sister was so surprised when she saw it and asked "Are you sure those are silk? They look real!" I am hoping they turn out as good in my wedding photos. About $300 for all our personal flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages) is great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found theknot.com to have a nice checklist option that has most of the stuff a "church" wedding would have. I see you were married civilly on my birthday last year. Hope your planning for your church wedding goes well. theknot.com allows you to put in your own "to do's" which helps me not to forget anything that isn't what they consider "normal".

My fiance' just got his suit altered so the legs aren't totally dragging on the ground. He looks so handsome in it! I am getting my flowers done by a woman on etsy.com My bouquet is costing about $50 for flowers that if I got "real" ones would be over a $100. My sister was so surprised when she saw it and asked "Are you sure those are silk? They look real!" I am hoping they turn out as good in my wedding photos. About $300 for all our personal flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages) is great!

Oh good idea, I always forget to use The Knot as a resource. I find their site a bit overwhelming and I get side tracked there a lot!

Crazy how yesterday was our 1 year civil wedding anniversary - the year has totally flown by!

That sounds like a great deal for flowers. I'm going all out with my flowers... we are getting a great deal though so it's all good. My bouquet is all red, burgundy, plum and pink orchids, roses, spray roses, calla lillies etc. and then my bridesmaids are going to have mostly ivory/white orchids, callas, roses, spray roses with a couple very dark reddish/plum dahlas and calla lilies. Our centrepieces are tall 23 inch vases with a pouf of ivory, red, plum, pink flowers on top!

I'm waiting for my invites to come in from the printer. We ordered them from Party City and they came back with a bunch of mistakes, so I had to send them back to be reprinted. I'm hoping they come in this weekend!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Oh good idea, I always forget to use The Knot as a resource. I find their site a bit overwhelming and I get side tracked there a lot!

Yeah, theknot.com can be crazy. I actually only use their little to do list checklist thing otherwise I would be lost there forever looking at things. With my wedding 27 days away, the time for planning is OVER and the time for getting done is HERE!

Finally got my little blue organza bags with stars and moons on them that I am filling with jelly beans for favors for my wedding. I wanted chocolate, but the chocolate would likely melt in the July heat of the un-air conditioned gymnasium I am using for my reception. It was free (since I work at the school), what can I say.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any of you ever have so much to do that you just do NOTHING! Yeah, that is how I am feeling right now.

Finally found the gifts I am giving to my bridesmaids and child attendents. The women are getting 2 reusable grocery bags and littler purse like bag that I bought at a local art center gift shop. I wanted to give "real" gifts. My favorite gift I received when I was a bridesmaid was an airbake cookie sheet (and I still use and remember the giver 10 years later). I wanted my gifts to my attendants to be like that.

My child attendants are getting some Klutz activity books - paper flowers for the flower girl and foam gliders for the Bible boy. Now to get them wrapped so I can get another item checked off my list. Fifty eight to dos before my wedding day! Only 18 days to go and my fiance' is moving here in 8 days. I am so relieved our plans worked out and immigration processes coincided with our hoped for wedding day. Big sigh of relief because my wedding day is almost here.

You doing the checklist from The Knot? I didn't do everything on my list.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I were legally married January 8, 2010 and are having our wedding on our first anniversary: January 8, 2011. This is an option that really works for us - it allowed us to be married sooner like we wanted in the first place, but have time to save some extra money so we have enough for both immigration/moving and our wedding. I've used The Knot to help plan, but a lot of their ideas are just so far-fetched for us. We're having a small but pretty wedding; just our family and closest friends. With a smaller guest list, we were able to splurge on things like the meal and decorations and photography while still staying within a very reasonable budget ($8000). I'm excited for it! It will of course be a winter theme with lots of white, silver, and icy blue colours, twinkly lights galore, branches, etc. Also, since it will be more casual than most weddings, we've opted out of the dancing portion and booked our venue at a pavilion that will offer outdoor skating at night (weather permitting, of course) with the potential of some pick-up hockey as it is a big part of our lives.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.