July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am going for my menu tasting today! We are thinking of serving Italian for our wedding, as it is the one cuisine the hubby and I agree on. Im also thinking of serving roasted pork on a spit to touch on my Filipino heritage as well. I am so excited!

Yay!!!

My venue requires their catering and for whatever reason, Mathew doesn't want to do a dinner. So we're just going to serve Hors D'oeuvres.

I would rather have my guests eating actual food, so I'm gonna live out my dream through you on this one!!!! Make me proud! :P

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yay!!!

My venue requires their catering and for whatever reason, Mathew doesn't want to do a dinner. So we're just going to serve Hors D'oeuvres.

I would rather have my guests eating actual food, so I'm gonna live out my dream through you on this one!!!! Make me proud! :P

Thanks girl :) My venue also requires I use their caterer thats why Im doing the tasting so early. I told them I wont sign the contract until I taste their menu :P I know Italian sounds oh so boring, but since our event is in the summer, we would at least have really fresh produce and everyone in our families love Italian.

I actually thought about just serving hors d'oeuvres as well -- I think if you had lots of served platters and definitely variety, it would be delicious AND fun -- kind of like a party atmosphere. But most of our guests are a bit older and would want a more traditional setting, so I know I cant do it. Maybe in place of the wedding dinner, you and Matthew can invite your closest family members and friends for dinner!

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

I shoudl call my caterer and see if I can taste some food.

We haven't totatlly decided on the menu yet.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am going for my menu tasting today! We are thinking of serving Italian for our wedding, as it is the one cuisine the hubby and I agree on. Im also thinking of serving roasted pork on a spit to touch on my Filipino heritage as well. I am so excited!

We're having Italian food too, and were thinking about having a roast pork also to touch on my husband's filipino culture (and actually Italian's serve roast pork, too!). I don't think Italian food is boring if it is done well.

My venue is Italian, so I'm not worried about the food. I mean, we're having 200 people, I'm not expecting a 5* meal or anything... I'm expecting high quality banquet food.

We have a menu planned out, but haven't tasted yet...need to book a tasting next time we're in TO.

We're doing:

Deluxe Antipasto buffet as guests arrive

Penne a la Vodka and Mushroom Risotto

Veal stuffed with asparagus and gorgonzola + grilled chicken

with potatoes and vegetables and a salad in the middle of the table

Dessert is gelato

Then at 11 p.m. we're having a full sweet table with fruit, cakes and pastries.

The Italian in me is worried this won't be enough food!! I feel like we should add a roast pig....

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

The last italian wedding i went to we had:

Antipasto bar

Salad (green and seafood) with rolls

Lemon Sorbet

Lazagna and fettucine

Roast beef and Chicken

Crepes filled with strawberries and ice cream

And then later they brought out the sweets table, and waffles n stuff.

Trust me, it was enough food, I think I gained 5 lbs that night.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I agree Sapphire -- if its really good, really simple Italian food, it will be delicious. I dont want something drowning in paramsean and red sauce though... just something really simple and tasty.

I think our menu includes a simple green salad, mozerella and basil salad, pasta tossed in a light sauce, chicken, beef and salmon medallions grilled with olive oil and spices and potatoes and other veggies on the side. Because of the venue, we have to find a Filipino caterer who will do the roast pig... but Im definitely having one, whether its at the wedding or the Sunday brunch after.

We are also having platters of appetizers before... and I wanted to do a dessert treat. But my venue director was saying it would be a looot of food... since we are having a wedding cake too. I dunno... am thinking just pastries and cookies and then cake... we'll see.

I am sooo excited! My day is sooo far away but I def want to savor all the little things I have to do to put it all together!

Removal of Conditions:

My wedding photos finally came in the mail!

Except we already drove around alot today so we didn't want to go get them from the post office.

I'm getting a dvd too, so maybe I'll post a few :P

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds fun Darkchilde!! When we went to our tasting we came back super full. We literally tried everything! And they they boxed up the leftovers and had us take it home... It was a really good free dinner! :lol:

We did Italian at our wedding! I was going to tell you what we had but I can't even remember most of it. It was definitely a busy night and I didn't get to eat much of it... Sad.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my first official "wedding" gift today from some friends of mine. I couldn't figure out why there were two Target envelopes with what felt like credit cards in them. Turns out someone sent us gift-cards in the mail. Wrote my first wedding gift thank you card today and yes it was HAND WRITTEN.

I had been invited to a former student's wedding shower this last weekend. I couldn't attend but sent a gift with a friend. I knew this girl's handwriting. The card I received must have been written by her mother because it was NOT the bride's handwriting. I thought, how tacky. Almost worse than those pretyped message "thank you" notes people can buy.

Timeline

ok so since no one can make up their mind about anything food wise i said screw it today and and just going to have a reception for the 12 or so of us at a local place in mount prospect. i dont have time to decide who cooks what when etc etc..and at one point i was thinking nothing is goign to get done if i dont cook/make/do it myself..sigh

not to mention the parents don't want alchohol at the house..not even champagne! so now ppl can order what they want for food, drink what they want and i dont have to worry about anyone not liking the bloody food...i mean..not like i had much time to plan ..wish i did..argh..

38 days to go..and i still have no idea ####### david is wearing...or whats happending with the pictures. we dont even have a cake ordered. :( why is it i'm the only one who does not want to wait til last minute for everything?? sooo damn frustrating. i love david and his family but OMG times like this i want to kill them!

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

The menu tasting was wonderful! I brought my MIL and my husband's grandfather (he's 90!) and we had so much fun. The food was great, the people were really nice and very honest about how much I really needed, etc. After tax season, hubby and I are gonna go out and taste cakes. I cant wait!

Is it taboo to write thank you cards by hand? I wrote all my thank you cards (all 50+ of them!) by hand after my civil ceremony. I did write a personal message to each guest and so forth...

Removal of Conditions:

I hand wrote all my thank you cards.

It seems silly to do them on the computer.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I have this intense urge to go look at wedding dresses although I know I can't get one till I start working, so I don't want to go and fall in love with something we cant afford yet. GAH! I still have to pick an actual date, I'm thinking the 22nd of October is a good possibility.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
I have this intense urge to go look at wedding dresses although I know I can't get one till I start working, so I don't want to go and fall in love with something we cant afford yet. GAH! I still have to pick an actual date, I'm thinking the 22nd of October is a good possibility.

OMG I totally relate! I dont want to fall in love with something then buy it then fall in love AGAIN with another dress. I think they say start 8 months prior to your date, so thats at least half a year from now!!!

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
Is it taboo to write thank you cards by hand? I wrote all my thank you cards (all 50+ of them!) by hand after my civil ceremony. I did write a personal message to each guest and so forth...

It is definitely not taboo to write thank you cards by hand - in fact, it is the proper way to acknowledge a gift. Miss Manners would definitely approve! :D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.