July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

My wedding ring is 1400... and that's after 600 was knocked off.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My wedding ring is 1400... and that's after 600 was knocked off.

But I bet it's pretty as can be!!!

I probably wouldn't feel like I couldn't breathe when I saw the price tag if we weren't going to have to start a whole new life together when he moves down. I still live with my mom so I have nothing of my own. We have so many things to buy that almost 1k on a wedding ring isn't realistic for us. I'm sure he still would have bought it if she hadn't of knocked some off, but I would have felt very very bad. He makes great money right now, but we're the stingy type and trying to save up for our love nest. :luv:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Wow, I only paid about 300 for mine.

It's 14k white gold with 1/4 carat of diamonds in it.

I could never pay what you guys did for yours :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

It only ended up being $479 for mine. It's 14k white gold with 5/8 carat princess cut diamonds in the band. His actually cost almost $100 more. But he spoils me, so I let him pick out whatever he wanted and I didn't even look at the price tag. This is the one thing I can do for him during this wedding. Everything else is so bride oriented. There's the dress, bouquet, shoes, jewelry, hair stuff, etc. What does the groom really get?? A tux(which is usually rented)? lol.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

I probably would have gotten a more expensive ring if we could afford it.

I'm happy with the one I have, I just wish the inside was tapered so it's easier to put on and take off.

Oh well.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds like a good price.

I'm getting a platinum band with diamonds, not sure how many in weight I'll need, I want a pave setting with 3 tiny rows of diamonds.....but I'm thinking it'll be in the $1,000-$1,500 range. We are not paying retail though! We have a really awesome jeweler in the diamond district here so he is able to make some amazing custom pieces at reasonable prices.

Platinum has gone up recently too on the market so who knows if my estimate is right.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It cost $2000 for my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands. My band's are 14k White gold, and 1 carat diamond. My husband went with Tungsten since it....pretty much unbreakable. LOL

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

It cost $2000 for my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands. My band's are 14k White gold, and 1 carat diamond. My husband went with Tungsten since it....pretty much unbreakable. LOL

My husband's is tungsten as well :lol:

He only paid about 70 dollars for his.

Timeline

I think platinum is a great choice for jewelry. My engagement ring is a 14K White Gold 1 Carat t.w. three stone ring and while it's beautiful and gorgeous and I love it, it turns yellow after a few months. White gold loses the plating that is on it, and has to be re-dipped in rhodium about every 6 months. I actually took mine to Jared yesterday for it's inspection and didn't realize how bad it was until I got it back. Now it looks like it did the day I put it on for the first time. I could be wrong, but I've heard that platinum doesn't fade or anything the way that gold does.

So lesson here is either go platinum if possible, or make sure to purchase the warranty on the ring. The girl at the store yesterday said that without the warranty rhodium plating costs around $30 every 6 months. Having warranty does it for free as long as you have your ring.

And honestly, Mathew was more picky than I was. The girl showed me 2 rings, one that curved and one that didn't. He tried on every single ring they had. Either they were too simple, not simple enough, too wide, too shiny, or just plain ugly to him.

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I think platinum is a great choice for jewelry. My engagement ring is a 14K White Gold 1 Carat t.w. three stone ring and while it's beautiful and gorgeous and I love it, it turns yellow after a few months. White gold loses the plating that is on it, and has to be re-dipped in rhodium about every 6 months. I actually took mine to Jared yesterday for it's inspection and didn't realize how bad it was until I got it back. Now it looks like it did the day I put it on for the first time. I could be wrong, but I've heard that platinum doesn't fade or anything the way that gold does.

So lesson here is either go platinum if possible, or make sure to purchase the warranty on the ring. The girl at the store yesterday said that without the warranty rhodium plating costs around $30 every 6 months. Having warranty does it for free as long as you have your ring.

And honestly, Mathew was more picky than I was. The girl showed me 2 rings, one that curved and one that didn't. He tried on every single ring they had. Either they were too simple, not simple enough, too wide, too shiny, or just plain ugly to him.

I've heard that about white gold. I love love love my platinum ring and I'm so glad that my hubs opted to choose it. The sheer weight of the ring compared to my friend's white gold ring is crazy! It's a lot more dense. It does scratch easier I think, but overall it is very heavy duty and has kept it's color perfectly. I hoenstly think that this ring will last millions of years it is so tough.

Getting this engagement ring made me realize how much I love diamonds, LOL. They are just so beautiful. I have a 1.26 round brilliant solitaire in a 4 prong raised knife edge setting. I cannot wait to add the diamond band and make it even more blinging.

Okay, sorry.. I'm done now!! Just had to let the shallow part of me out... I am like totally infatuated with my ring, LOL.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
I've heard that about white gold. I love love love my platinum ring and I'm so glad that my hubs opted to choose it. The sheer weight of the ring compared to my friend's white gold ring is crazy! It's a lot more dense. It does scratch easier I think, but overall it is very heavy duty and has kept it's color perfectly. I hoenstly think that this ring will last millions of years it is so tough.

Getting this engagement ring made me realize how much I love diamonds, LOL. They are just so beautiful. I have a 1.26 round brilliant solitaire in a 4 prong raised knife edge setting. I cannot wait to add the diamond band and make it even more blinging.

Okay, sorry.. I'm done now!! Just had to let the shallow part of me out... I am like totally infatuated with my ring, LOL.

Same here. I'm like obsessed with my ring. When he proposed I couldn't even say yes right away because I was drooling over the ring, LOL.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Same here. I'm like obsessed with my ring. When he proposed I couldn't even say yes right away because I was drooling over the ring, LOL.

I kept waking up in the middle of the night to look at my ring the first night, teehee. Even now my coworkers make fun of me because they catch me looking at my ring. LOL.

It's definitely the nicest most expensive thing I will ever wear in my life. Might as well enjoy it I say!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
And the best thing about the day is that neither of them have to be sized. I wear a 6.75(sometimes 7 depending on the day) and he's a 10.5.

That's hilarious because I wear the same random size- 6.75 :lol: But, after putting my engagement ring together with my wedding band (I had them attached) I made it a 7. For some reason it seems like when the band it thicker it fits a little tighter.

Very beautiful band and engagement ring! They look great together :)

Ohhh sounds pretty! Its ok to be shallow every now and then right? ;)

Its true about white gold. My engagement ring and wedding band are made from white gold and I need to have it re dipped, but it usually holds its color for a year. Just looking at it now, its been 9 months since I've had it done and I don't see any discoloration. I also take it in to get cleaned every few months, it always looks so much nicer after its all cleaned and shined up! And then watching it shine in the light is pretty much memorizing :lol:

I don't know exactly how much my rings cost, and I don't really want to know. They were Bill's surprise gifts to me so we can keep it that way! They're gorgeous and definitely weren't cheap, so that's good enough knowledge for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if you have to go to the place you got your ring to have it 're-dipped'? The colour of my ring is terrible...haha. Like, can you go to any one to have it re-dipped for a price? I got my ring in Oklahoma at uh...Harris Jewelers...haha XD

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
That's hilarious because I wear the same random size- 6.75 :lol: But, after putting my engagement ring together with my wedding band (I had them attached) I made it a 7. For some reason it seems like when the band it thicker it fits a little tighter.

Very beautiful band and engagement ring! They look great together :)

Ohhh sounds pretty! Its ok to be shallow every now and then right? ;)

Its true about white gold. My engagement ring and wedding band are made from white gold and I need to have it re dipped, but it usually holds its color for a year. Just looking at it now, its been 9 months since I've had it done and I don't see any discoloration. I also take it in to get cleaned every few months, it always looks so much nicer after its all cleaned and shined up! And then watching it shine in the light is pretty much memorizing :lol:

I don't know exactly how much my rings cost, and I don't really want to know. They were Bill's surprise gifts to me so we can keep it that way! They're gorgeous and definitely weren't cheap, so that's good enough knowledge for me.

I didn't get mine redipped at the first 6 months inspection. I didn't know I needed to, and the girl working at Jared didn't say anything about it. My ring didn't start looking really dingy until about a month or two ago. Maybe if I got it cleaned more regularly it would be better, but the closest Jared to me is 120 miles away. But I love my ring so I'll make the trip to make it pretty!!!

My rings are a size 7 and I like it that way because sometimes during the day my fingers swell. Having it a bit bigger makes it much more comfortable.

I just hope my photographer can do something about my hands in our pictures. When I took a picture of my ring my fingers look like little sausages, when in reality they're much smaller.

Does anyone know if you have to go to the place you got your ring to have it 're-dipped'? The colour of my ring is terrible...haha. Like, can you go to any one to have it re-dipped for a price? I got my ring in Oklahoma at uh...Harris Jewelers...haha XD

I don't think that you do, but if there was a warranty bought with your ring it will void the warranty. I can't take my ring anywhere other than Jared or it will void the warranty. Booh!

But I would assume you could take it anywhere that services jewelry.

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.