July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

I got my coasters today!

I thought the one was going to be red, but they're not. Kind of dissapointed.

They're nice otherwise.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So I need an opinion from everyone! My fiance is having 3 groomsman who he has already asked to be part of our wedding. I was going to have 3 bridesmaids as well but one of them had to drop out as she can't make it down at that time. So, now we're left with 3 groomsman and 2 bridesmaids. My fiance has a sister I get along really well with, and I am thinking of maybe just asking her to be a bridesmaid as well. I feel a bit weird doing that though as we aren't very close, but we do get along well. My fiance has 4 sisters and it also worries me that I would be offending one of his other sisters by asking this one ... what do you think?

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Ooh, that's a tough one.

Maybe ask him if they're jealous types?

If they are, you might not want to choose one of them... but then it'd stay uneven.

If they don't really seem like the jealous types, I'd go for it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just ordered the very last of my rose petals today from ebay! So now I've got purple, pink, and pink with white.

Now I'll just have to tackle the task of picking apart the remaining 3000 that I've just ordered when they come in. :blink:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Wow, that's alot of petals.

I only ordered 300 :lol:

Timeline
Wow, that's alot of petals.

I only ordered 300 :lol:

I'm going to line the aisle with them. I've already got 6000 petals that I've picked apart, and I'll need 3000 more. So in total that'll be about 9000ish, give or take a few duds.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

So I need an opinion from everyone! My fiance is having 3 groomsman who he has already asked to be part of our wedding. I was going to have 3 bridesmaids as well but one of them had to drop out as she can't make it down at that time. So, now we're left with 3 groomsman and 2 bridesmaids. My fiance has a sister I get along really well with, and I am thinking of maybe just asking her to be a bridesmaid as well. I feel a bit weird doing that though as we aren't very close, but we do get along well. My fiance has 4 sisters and it also worries me that I would be offending one of his other sisters by asking this one ... what do you think?

I agree with Rhianne. Ask your fiance how the other sisters might handle it. Or simply, ask the one you're thinking of, and then ask her how the others might feel.

If you ended up with an odd number of attendants, don't worry. I've seen pictures that way, and they were done very nicely.

Is there any other female friends or acquaintances that you've met?

I just ordered the very last of my rose petals today from ebay! So now I've got purple, pink, and pink with white.

Now I'll just have to tackle the task of picking apart the remaining 3000 that I've just ordered when they come in. :blink:

3000 petals?? Will there be room for the bride and groom somewhere... :lol:

I'm going to line the aisle with them. I've already got 6000 petals that I've picked apart, and I'll need 3000 more. So in total that'll be about 9000ish, give or take a few duds.

Oh!! I see!!! that's going to look very nice!! :)

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
I agree with Rhianne. Ask your fiance how the other sisters might handle it. Or simply, ask the one you're thinking of, and then ask her how the others might feel.

If you ended up with an odd number of attendants, don't worry. I've seen pictures that way, and they were done very nicely.

Is there any other female friends or acquaintances that you've met?

I don't think they are the jealous type -- well, most of them ... there is one in particular who might get a bit miffed about it but she just had a baby and is pretty preoccupied with that so hopefully she won't mind too much :P My fiance seems to think it's a great idea so that's good. I unfortunately do not know anyone else in Utah aside from my fiance's family so I am thinking his sister will be the best bet. I am not too worried about the pictures, rather just the whole "walking down the aisle" thing ... one of the guys will have to walk down on their own and that seems strange to me!

Out of curiosity which store/ebay seller did you girls buy your rose petals from? I am thinking of picking some up myself and if you have a recommendation on a seller that would be great :)

Oh -- one other wedding related thing ... I finally ordered my dress today! I tried it on a few months ago but just finally got the nerve to buy it today. I kept thinking I might see something else I liked more ... well, after shopping a ton I definitely have not :P It should get here by March 18, still plenty of time before our wedding for alterations and all that :D

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

I got mine at: http://www.petalgarden.com/silk-rose-petals-all.htm

They seem a bit pricy, but I hardly needed any.

And show a picture of your dress!

Timeline

I got all of mine off ebay. I think I paid like $30 for all 9000.

I'm very good at catching deals!

A while back a friend of mine gave me her WeddingStar book and I found some stuff I really liked in it, so I asked Mathew to look the item up on the website to see if he liked it. Well, whenever he did, he asked me why everything was $3.98. Of course, I like flipped out and checked for myself, and sure enough it was all $3.98. So I bought my guestbook, pen, garter, ring bearer pillow, and cake cutting kit for $27.98 including shipping!!!!

But the next day I got a call from them saying the website had crashed and they needed to charge me $130 more. I had absolutely none of that and talked to the president of the company and he made them go ahead and ship it.

Yeah, I rock. :dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Out of curiosity which store/ebay seller did you girls buy your rose petals from? I am thinking of picking some up myself and if you have a recommendation on a seller that would be great :)

Oh -- one other wedding related thing ... I finally ordered my dress today! I tried it on a few months ago but just finally got the nerve to buy it today. I kept thinking I might see something else I liked more ... well, after shopping a ton I definitely have not :P It should get here by March 18, still plenty of time before our wedding for alterations and all that :D

concemme is the ebay seller I used. The rose petals I got were AMAZING quality.

I want to see the dress!! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Holy cow 9000 petals.

That's all I gotta say :lol:

Timeline
Holy cow 9000 petals.

That's all I gotta say :lol:

lol, when you look at them it's not that much. Not even enough to fill up one garbage bag. It just sounds like a whole lot. :lol:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

What else are you using them for other than to line the aisle? Unless the aisle is really, really long.

I'm just using mine as table decoration/flower girl basket. I havn't picked centerpieces. I dont think I'll be having any... unless my mom ends up surprising me with some.

Edited by Rhiannercakes

Timeline

Thanks for the seller name Kayla! I am looking at their store now, it seems pretty reasonable! And great job on getting the deal with WeddingStar ... I have one of their magazines and I have spent hours looking through that thing.

Okay, you guys twisted my arm ;P Here is my dress! The first picture is with an applique on, the second without ... I'm not sure which I like better. Thoughts?

Dress1.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

Please post yours! :D

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.