July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well I saw the dress and the starting bid was $49.99 so I figured why not. It's retail price is $699. Depending on how much money I can scrape together, I wasn't going to spend more than $800 on a dress. I put in my max bid ($200) and so far I am winning so let's hope no one outbids me at the last second. :)

Wow, that is a great deal! It's amazing how much money you can save by shopping online. My dress is available at a bridal store here in Edmonton for $899 -- I bought it online and had it shipped (for free!) to my fiance's address in the US with taxes and everything for $430. I love shopping online!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Arabella -- I think you would look beautiful in that dress!

It rained on my wedding too! My mother-in-law was soo sad but I said that it is good luck to have rain on one's wedding. Of course, Im sure women say that all the time just cause theres nothing else to say once it starts pouring :P Anyway shortly after the ceremony, when we were all at my in-law's house for champagne, the sun peeked for a few minutes and we were able to get beautiful photos outside :)

I cant wait to see all the pictures from the upcoming nuptials! Hope you guys post them :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It poured on our civil wedding day!!

I really hope it doesn't rain on my church wedding though. I want to take nice photos outside and get my money's worth!!

On the photography note, my wedding photographer was named one of the top 25 wedding photographers in Canada by Wedding Bells magazine.

All I can say is THANK goodness we already booked her at her 2008 rates. I can't even imagine what her new rates are now. We are still paying more than I ever thought I would pay for a photographer, but I know it'll be worth it.

I really need to go dress shopping. Like, yesterday. :wacko:

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline
And I'd love to wear her dress for a wedding dress, but I just can't being myself to be that geeky, so I am bidding on this dress instead on EBay (currently the high bidder woot!).

dress.jpg

Oh wow. That dress is gorgeous, Arabella! I can't wait to see you in it. :)

On the photography note, my wedding photographer was named one of the top 25 wedding photographers in Canada by Wedding Bells magazine.

So is my daughter's!

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh wow. That dress is gorgeous, Arabella! I can't wait to see you in it. :)

So is my daughter's!

I'm not surprised! Your daughter's photographer is awesome, too!

My Mom is going to come visit NYC in February so we can go dress shopping! I'm so excited!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

My Mom is going to come visit NYC in February so we can go dress shopping! I'm so excited!

That's awesome! My daughter and I were planning a shopping trip to NYC but then she found her dress at a boutique around the corner from where she works. I think we determined that you worked close to there also! I think that was based on the Montreal smoked meat sandwich conversation. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
That's awesome! My daughter and I were planning a shopping trip to NYC but then she found her dress at a boutique around the corner from where she works. I think we determined that you worked close to there also! I think that was based on the Montreal smoked meat sandwich conversation. :lol:

Haha, yes I remember that. I wanted to get my dress in Toronto and save the hassle of bringing it up with me, but I'm just unsure about scheduling fittings and flying back for them, so I've decided to just get it here. Plus, I think I'll save some money here since most dresses are a bit cheaper in the US.

I need to find a florist, sign my DJ, find a limo company and then do bridesmaid dress shopping too. I think I'm going to ask my sister to take care of the bridesmaid dress shopping and then my aunt to help with the DJ.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I need to find a florist, sign my DJ, find a limo company and then do bridesmaid dress shopping too. I think I'm going to ask my sister to take care of the bridesmaid dress shopping and then my aunt to help with the DJ.

Last I heard, my daughter was having trouble finding a DJ. I think it was something along the lines of how it was hard to tell who would be good or not. Do you have any recommendations?

iagree.gif

Timeline
Last I heard, my daughter was having trouble finding a DJ. I think it was something along the lines of how it was hard to tell who would be good or not. Do you have any recommendations?

We're actually using the in-house DJ that our venue recommends, otherwise we have to pay a $600 fee for the speakers or something like that. I've been to a lot of weddings and found that they are all very similar. I plan to give them a list of do not play songs and then some must play songs and hope it all goes well. I'm pretty laid back though, so I might not be the best person to take advice from.

I think the name of the DJ I'm using is Illusions, located in Woodbridge.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
We're actually using the in-house DJ that our venue recommends, otherwise we have to pay a $600 fee for the speakers or something like that. I've been to a lot of weddings and found that they are all very similar. I plan to give them a list of do not play songs and then some must play songs and hope it all goes well. I'm pretty laid back though, so I might not be the best person to take advice from.

I think the name of the DJ I'm using is Illusions, located in Woodbridge.

Definately give a do not play list or ask for the titles in advance. My sister's DJ played the chicken dance (God help us all), and he played their wedding song like 5 times (overkill much?). She said he never mentioned he would do the chicken dance and she hates it . . .

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our wedding DJ was amazing! I didn't really know what to expect from him, but somehow he played music that everyone loved and the dance floor was full all night. That's saying a lot when you consider we had a small 40 person wedding. No stupid chicken dances or YMCA stuff either! I wrote a really good review of him to the company he works for as a way of saying thanks :)

Basically I just wrote e-mails to about a dozen DJ's in our area asking detailed questions like availability, if and when they would be willing to meet with us, price, equipment, style etc. I used their responses to gauge who would be the most accommodating and the most pleasant to work with. I went with the company that seemed the most helpful, and met with them before the wedding. They were also a "knot pick" for 2008, so I assumed they were doing their job.

Arabella- Did you get the dress? I love it! Its very beachey :)

Well, we finally have our final guest count. 20 adults and 3 kids.

Not a single one of my fiance's 5 friends can attend. They blame the fact that our wedding's on a wednesday. Eh, whatever.

Just waiting for my wedding favours to be delivered now.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Varba and I should be making our final (hopefully) decision on our caterer this weekend.

We're down to 2. One guy Varba really relates to, and his food looks good, BUT the other guy is a little more expensive but will provide the bar tender, ice, pop and coolers to cool down the booze. Plus fancier appetizers.

Ah, decisions decisions.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
Arabella- Did you get the dress? I love it! Its very beachey :)

The auction ends tomorrow evening, so I'll have to let you know. I think it looks very beachy too- but not too informal. I hope I win! I'm still the winning bidder. Only one other person has bid against me. I am wondering if they plan on pouncing at the last minute and outbidding me right before the close of the auction. That happened to me once on EBay.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline
The auction ends tomorrow evening, so I'll have to let you know. I think it looks very beachy too- but not too informal. I hope I win! I'm still the winning bidder. Only one other person has bid against me. I am wondering if they plan on pouncing at the last minute and outbidding me right before the close of the auction. That happened to me once on EBay.

You should sign up and do an eBay snipe. I've never done it, but heard they work really well.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.