July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

wow our former caterer fails.

He sent Varba an email this morning asking him how much the deposit was because he couldn't find it in his records...

At least this is a sign he's going to give us our money back.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

He sent Varba an email this morning asking him how much the deposit was because he couldn't find it in his records...

Ask for extra back :innocent:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

We should really ask for interest back. But we're just lucky he seems wiling to give us our money back at all. Most of these people close up shop and don't tell their clients.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

We should really ask for interest back. But we're just lucky he seems wiling to give us our money back at all. Most of these people close up shop and don't tell their clients.

Yeah true.

Though, it seems right to ask for interest or a damage fee.

I mean, he could have potentially damaged your wedding.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Glad to hear you're at least getting your money back, Peachy. I'm sure it's a relief to know you won't have to fight for it to be returned.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Sooo... due to the awesomeness (or not so much) of my future husband, we might not have wedding rings in time for our ceremony. Anyone have any suggestions for alternate, temporary rings? We'd still like to exchange something, but just in case we don't have those, I'm wondering what else we could use. There's the ever popular ring pop, or twist ties... neither of those seem right for us though. any ideas?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Sooo... due to the awesomeness (or not so much) of my future husband, we might not have wedding rings in time for our ceremony. Anyone have any suggestions for alternate, temporary rings? We'd still like to exchange something, but just in case we don't have those, I'm wondering what else we could use. There's the ever popular ring pop, or twist ties... neither of those seem right for us though. any ideas?

Maybe you can get friendship rings. I know it's not the same thing, but our husbands are our best friends too, right? :)

Filed: Timeline
We also don't require it to get married, though the bank hummed and hawed at the idea of adding me without it (they'll do it, but want it for their records asap).

Also, though it may be based on oooooold news in the K1 forums from way back when, I seem to recall there being the occasional issue if a K1 tried to get their SSN after their name officially changed.

For the life of me, I can't remember why that'd be an issue... I blame too much coffee and far too little sleep at the moment. But I do remember reading something... heh. Won't kill us to wait the two weeks, either way, I guess.

Yes, as Danu mentioned, there are some people who have run into difficulty at offices with no experience in the matter. The clerk I had wasn't going to give me one and wouldn't change my name. I showed her the SSA policy and politely asked to speak with a supervisor. Luckily, he had experience with K-1's so it went smoothly from that point on.

I mean, if we want to make it as casual as simply signing the paper, snapping a few pictures and going on our way, fine... But do we? Do I? This is going to be our only wedding, I know it. We casually tossed around the idea of doing something bigger later, but I know that won't ever happen so I'm banking on the fact that it won't. So then, would it be the end of the world to pay someone a little bit to have them do it up right?

I don't need a big to-do... and I don't need to have twenty people there or anything like that. But it feels like it should still be made into a moment...

And considering that there are brides out there arguing with their hunny for that extra 5k to be spent... I feel silly talking about a couple hundred. And I don't know why.

I absolutely think you should spend the money. My husband grabbed a disposable camera on our way out the door to our civil ceremony and the officiant kindly took pics at intervals during the ceremony. (Which was really lovely, I might add.) Unfortunately, he had packed the camera in his luggage the week before, so the film was damaged when the bag was x-rayed. I would give anything to have those pics now. :( Spend the money. You'll be happy you did.

Oh, and I found my flower girl's dress online yesterday!!! I've had one heck of a time finding a 3T flower girl dress that doesn't have spaghetti straps and fits our style (and hers). I found this one secondhand, but it's a david's bridal dress (which is what mine and my bridesmaids have) and in the same color. She's gonna look so adorable :D

That IS adorable. :luv: Can't wait to see the pics!

My mom keeps telling me if I don't think our officiant will say something I like, that I could always write something and give it to him. But honestly, I wouldn't know where to start.

Don't worry about writing one yourself. Give the officiant an idea of what you would like (really, they should ask you, though) and what type of things you'd like to include. The officiant can give you examples of sections of the ceremony; ie, do you want to include passages from the bible? (Corinthians is the book of love.... there are some beautiful passages in there.) Things like that. If he/she is good at what they do they will make suggestions and incorporate your suggestions into the ceremony. Ask to see it, first, if you are uneasy about it.

Wow. Does he ever fail. :blink:

Did you pay by cheque? Maybe you could send him a copy of the cancelled cheque. Best not to tick him off (Rhiann :lol: ) or he may become difficult and abscond with the whole lot. I'd just be thankful to get my deposit back. There are some really dishonest people out there.

I'd pick up a couple of nice, inexpensive, rings from Walmart or something. Or from a crafts or artisans fair. That's what I'd go for. Something unique which would hold special meaning in years to come. :) Snaps to your fiance for creating this opportunity to buy something new. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd pick up a couple of nice, inexpensive, rings from Walmart or something. Or from a crafts or artisans fair. That's what I'd go for. Something unique which would hold special meaning in years to come. :) Snaps to your fiance for creating this opportunity to buy something new. :lol:

That's what I was thinking too. Go to Walmart or somewhere and get some cheapo rings. I bought a big fake diamond ring for like $20 from Walmart for high school prom and everyone kept asking me if it was real :lol: Obviously not right? But it looked fairly convincing to the untrained eye.

I'm kind of anti-Walmart, but I know what you're both getting at...lol ;)

Every Sunday there's an arts and crafts fair in Santa Barbara, so maybe I'll browse there and see what I can find :D

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Has anyone ever heard of or used an online company called 123print? I'm considering ordering some invitations. I only need around 30ish invites, and I'm looking to save some $$ (aren't we all). I've read both good and bad reviews online. But the bad ones seem mostly to be about their business cards, not their invites. They are very reasonable, which is what makes me nervous. I'm not super crafty so those kits seem more trouble than they're worth.

I know it's a long shot. Anyone? or any other suggestions?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: Timeline
I'm kind of anti-Walmart, but I know what you're both getting at...lol ;)

Every Sunday there's an arts and crafts fair in Santa Barbara, so maybe I'll browse there and see what I can find :D

Oooh, cool! Let us know what you find!

Has anyone ever heard of or used an online company called 123print? I'm considering ordering some invitations. I only need around 30ish invites, and I'm looking to save some $$ (aren't we all). I've read both good and bad reviews online. But the bad ones seem mostly to be about their business cards, not their invites. They are very reasonable, which is what makes me nervous. I'm not super crafty so those kits seem more trouble than they're worth.

I know it's a long shot. Anyone? or any other suggestions?

I haven't heard of them, myself, but maybe someone else has. :)

iagree.gif

I hate it when people go inviting other people without asking!

My fiance's mom told my fiance yesterday that she invited one of her friends to my wedding.

Uh. No?

1. I dont know her, 2. It's a family wedding no extra people please, 3. The invites are already in the mail.

I hope my fiance can straighten this out... it's not fair to us that people invite random people. Most I can understand is like a girlfriend of a friend. I find that understandable, since some people dont want to go alone.

I got our ring pops the other day :)

And yes, wen sent the caterer a digital copy of the check, with all the bank numbers taken out of course.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.