Dr. ZoSo

Married To A German :)

436 posts in this topic

Hehehehe.....:-)

My sister from germany was just here for 2 weeks and brought me one bottle of the ketchup and 3 packages of vanilla-Milchreis from Dr. Oetker. I will find a special occasion to eat it very soon, I'm sure ;-)

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Indeed Julia and I had a lovely time!

Welcome Weevil!

@Veronica, the picture doesn't work for me :(

I'm back in the US and am ready to go back to Germany! We had to bring a bunch of packets of Nudel Schinken Gratin mix with us! :lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

@jundp-

Try to click, or copy & paste, this link into your browser to see the picture.

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/c3.ac-images.myspacecdn...c1731584742.jpg

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I'm back in the US and am ready to go back to Germany! We had to bring a bunch of packets of Nudel Schinken Gratin mix with us! :lol:

Welcome back. I'm glad you had an awesome time. :thumbs:

Today is our fifth wedding anniversary. :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I miss Germany, haven't been there since may. Products I like are Mezzo Mix and Quark.

Our Timeline

03/2002 - Met on Yahoo Group.

07/2002 - Met in real life 1st time in NYC

02/2003 - 1st visit to Germany

04/2003 - Visit to Germany

08/2003 - Visit to US (& Trip to Niagara Falls)

09/2003 - 10/2003 - Spent 2 months in Germany

11/2004 - Visit to US

06/2005 - Visit to Germany & Proposal

12/2005 - Visit to US

08/2006 - Visit to Germany

11/2006 - Visit to US

09/2007 - Visit to Germany

12/2007 - Visit to US

06/2008 - Visit to Germany

10/2008 - Visit to US

10/2008 - Began gathering paperwork f/ I-129F

03/2009 - Submitted I-129F

03/13/09 - NOA1

05/2009 - Visit to Germany (& Europe road trip)

06/2009 - 08/2009 - Spent 2 months in US

08/17/09 - NOA2

Timeline

@Weevil - you can often buy Quark here in the stores. I discovered that Trader Joe's carries it sometimes and we have a German deli that also carries it.

Just finished my last bit of Milka...sadness.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
@Weevil - you can often buy Quark here in the stores. I discovered that Trader Joe's carries it sometimes and we have a German deli that also carries it.

Really? I've never seen it here. Milka on the other hand I find all the time.

Our Timeline

03/2002 - Met on Yahoo Group.

07/2002 - Met in real life 1st time in NYC

02/2003 - 1st visit to Germany

04/2003 - Visit to Germany

08/2003 - Visit to US (& Trip to Niagara Falls)

09/2003 - 10/2003 - Spent 2 months in Germany

11/2004 - Visit to US

06/2005 - Visit to Germany & Proposal

12/2005 - Visit to US

08/2006 - Visit to Germany

11/2006 - Visit to US

09/2007 - Visit to Germany

12/2007 - Visit to US

06/2008 - Visit to Germany

10/2008 - Visit to US

10/2008 - Began gathering paperwork f/ I-129F

03/2009 - Submitted I-129F

03/13/09 - NOA1

05/2009 - Visit to Germany (& Europe road trip)

06/2009 - 08/2009 - Spent 2 months in US

08/17/09 - NOA2

Really? I've never seen it here. Milka on the other hand I find all the time.

You can find it at WalMart (sometimes, and some other grocery stores) - Pedroh (VJ member) pointed out what it is called - in the Spanish/Mexican sections - don't have the name in front of me (so am not being much help I guess) - but supposedly it can be found.

Can be ordered at http://gdcom.stores.yahoo.net/index.html but not sure how convenient that is (although they have lots of other goodies). :innocent:

Edited by Otto und Karin

I am late, but congrats on the 5-year anniversary, Wacken. :)

I have a question for all of you.

My husband and I have been talking about trying to have a baby. We are both very excited that we have the opportunity to do it now. This will be my first child, so I am trying to read as much information online as possible. Obviously since we reside in Germany, we will be having the child here.

Have any of you ladies given birth in Germany? What was your experience like?

I am also looking for some online blogs, books, articles, etc. about having a first child born abroad (ie: away from family, known resources, etc). If anyone has any recommendations, that would be wonderful. English preferred! My German is still at a beginner's level. Thanks. :)

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

Timeline

Veronica, my MIL is a midwife in Germany. Mothers are treated far better there than here, from what she tells me (she also lived in Boston for 5 years, so has experience in both areas).

In Germany a midwife must be present for the birth and they generally take care of you throughout the pregnancy though you also have a doctor as well.

There are a few people on here who had their children in Germany and can likely give you better information, or at least anecdotal information.

Congratulations and good luck :)

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Thanks jundp!

I am in the process of setting an appointment with a Gyn. to get my Mirena IUD out. (Before I moved to Germany, I couldn't even think about having a child! lol) Anyways, I have read online that a midwife will be necessary, but I have no complaints whatsoever about that. As I said before, this will be my first child, and I want all the help I can get!

And yes. Germany is a far better place to have a child than in USA. Not only is the healthcare better, but the financial planning is as well. :)

Ohh I haven't been on here for quite some time. Was busy adjusting with work and moving, moving, moving...

Anyways...I found that baby question quite interesting. We are not planning on one yet but, of course, I had been thinking about it with regards to being so far away from home (I am the German who just received her GC here).

I assume you are the USC in Germany? Hmm... I find it quite interesting that you say you would want to have your baby born over there. Just from a family standpoint and where I would feel more comfortable I would probably want to go home (to Germany) to give birth.

Even though my English is close to perfect and I am sure medical service is great here as well (if you can afford it), I just would feel more comfortable in my own culture in such a special situation. I definitely would want my family (esp. my mom) to be there to help me with any kinds of concerns I have (because after all she has been through all that). I think my plan is going to be to become pregnant here in the US, stay as long as possible, and go to Germany maybe 2 months (can you fly while being pregnant) before the baby is born...

Timeline
Ohh I haven't been on here for quite some time. Was busy adjusting with work and moving, moving, moving...

Anyways...I found that baby question quite interesting. We are not planning on one yet but, of course, I had been thinking about it with regards to being so far away from home (I am the German who just received her GC here).

I assume you are the USC in Germany? Hmm... I find it quite interesting that you say you would want to have your baby born over there. Just from a family standpoint and where I would feel more comfortable I would probably want to go home (to Germany) to give birth.

Even though my English is close to perfect and I am sure medical service is great here as well (if you can afford it), I just would feel more comfortable in my own culture in such a special situation. I definitely would want my family (esp. my mom) to be there to help me with any kinds of concerns I have (because after all she has been through all that). I think my plan is going to be to become pregnant here in the US, stay as long as possible, and go to Germany maybe 2 months (can you fly while being pregnant) before the baby is born...

You may have trouble getting permission to fly in your last trimester. Something to check into before you make too many plans.

So... how many of you have plans for a local Oktoberfest? We're making plans to round up jundp and her German hubby (maybe others too?) to a nearby fest next month. I grew up going to stuff like this in central Texas and miss hearing a good oompa band! :devil:

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.