Dr. ZoSo

Married To A German :)

436 posts in this topic

Ugh, Nutella and cheese just sounds disgusting to me.

At the party we also had potato salad, fresh amber rye bread from the farmers' market and some selfmade Obatzda (bavarian cheesecream made of brie or camembert, creamcheese, butter, onions and herbs...so good!) Everybody loved it! :-)

Betti, that picture will make P very happy :)

On a side note, since we're talking food, I can't wait for our wedding/birthday/reunion party this summer. Maybe I'll finally get my quarksahnetorte wedding cake!

Oh and Nina...I love celery and peanut butter! Apples and PB too.

Your probably one of those people who enjoy ketchup on their scrambled eggs also!

HAHAHAHA

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Ugh, Nutella and cheese just sounds disgusting to me.

At the party we also had potato salad, fresh amber rye bread from the farmers' market and some selfmade Obatzda (bavarian cheesecream made of brie or camembert, creamcheese, butter, onions and herbs...so good!) Everybody loved it! :-)

Betti, that picture will make P very happy :)

On a side note, since we're talking food, I can't wait for our wedding/birthday/reunion party this summer. Maybe I'll finally get my quarksahnetorte wedding cake!

Oh and Nina...I love celery and peanut butter! Apples and PB too.

Did you know that's the best treat to catch a skunk with (apples and PB)? It sure is good, though.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

My wife drinks something nasty called "cola-hefe". Anyone else a fan of this nightmare?

Yesss, love it! Also Bananenweizen , banana juice and Weizenbier - lecker! Especially in Summer!

Radler is good, too.

Hubby showed me a picture once of someone holding a big mug of that. :blink: I was personally horrified, but to each his own. ;)

He does like the cola-hefe, I just had to ask him what it was. :D

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
quark

Speaking of quark - have you guys found a source/replacement for it?

There's a Mexican soft cheese that's similar. Pedro told me about it last summer. We found quark at Whole Foods and sometimes the German deli has it.

Did you know that's the best treat to catch a skunk with (apples and PB)? It sure is good, though.

:lol: Aubrey....so random! (But good info to have...)

Dr. Zoso...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ketchup is nasty on anything but french fries!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

no ketchup on a burger?

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Timeline

Nope. Mustard and mayo on burgers.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

hahaha. I've missed the thread for a few days, obviously.

My German husband eats ketchup on cooked noodles all the time. (Like spaghetti noodles or the like.) He is perfectly content eating noodles with ketchup for dinner. Me? Ew. lol ... He will also eat those noodles with warm milk and a bit of sugar. Again, EW. lol

And the Beer-Cola thing is fantastic. One of my favorite brands is CAB beer.

I also love BERLINER KINDLE. Soo yummy.

But, those are just the sweet beers we buy at the grocery store here. We also love our Radler, which we have recently found a NEW favorite brand - "Marke Original OeTTINGER Radler.

Also, living in Bavaria has it's benefits beer-wise. There are A LOT of local breweries. I don't even know the names of all of them, but my most recent favorite is out of Forchheim, in Franken, Bavaria. A beer called HELL. OMG, so yummy! (It's 4.9%, so, not for the weak. :P)

After all of these beers named, my forever favorite will be SPATEN BEER, which I drank 2 liters of at Oktoberfest last year and don't remember a damned thing that happened afterward. hahah

Speaking of all this beer has made me thirsty. I'm drinking my Radler now. :D

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys!

Pedro and I were absent for a few weeks :) I was in Tokyo for ten days and now Pedro is here with me in Frankfurt for a 4 wks visit (which sadly ends in 8 days already, time flies).

I am guilty when it comes to spaghetti and ketchup as well...with extra parmesan. So worng, so good. Plus I like Nutella also, with a spoon directly from a jar. I just discovered an organic nutella version at the "Reformhaus" called Rapunzel Samba Kokos. Highly addictive. Pedro and I have been wrestling over the jar.

Another super evil and semi nasty but good thing I introduced Pedro to this time was Bifi Roll. :lol: I don't think it gets worse than that. You can even taste the preservatives. He loved it. :P

BTW for anyone looking for cheap flight from/ to the US, I can absolutely recommend http://www.travel-overland.de/. I have been booking with them for years and you really get the cheapest deals on there. We paid €327 for Pedro's flight from Charlotte to Frankfurt - a direct flight with US Airways. They seem to have the cheapest prices in comparison with all other sites.

Oh, beer o'clock already. Better go and grab me a Beck's. B)

Timeline

Beer o'clock! :lol:

Julia...57 days till we get to meet!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It will be so lovely to meet you :luv: We should get the logistics together soon, since I'd like to buy the ticket soonish, so I can still get a cheap one. I have to check for hotels in that wee little village too. :P

Btw, we saw the Toten Hosen on Thursday in a rainy open air concert. I have to admit, I have never a big fan of them and we just went for the experience - it was fab. The audience covered all age groups - teenies, "twens", families with kids and 50+ people. We had heaps of beer and sausage, wearing garbage bag rain coats and enjoyed the crazy weather. The Toten Hosen played a good concert, everyone (but me and Pedro since we don't know the lyrics) sang along, kids went crazy in the mosh pit, people were waving Toten Hosen flags and cups full of beer were flying.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I loove all sorts of german food.. I do like the beer+coke, here the brand that does it is Licher, so its called a licher cola... and of course, of the local drink, apfelwein.. also like the coke+orange soda drinks, I wish there were Schwip Schwap or mezzo mix in teh US.. it's awesome

the concert was cool indeed.. but it would have been better if I knew some of the lyrics.. sausage+beer in concerts=owns lolol oh and fries with mayo of cours

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

I cannot wait to see DTH! Am so excited. I don't know lyrics from their new cd, except "Aufloesen" but I know most of their other songs.

Pedro, you should see if you have a World Market or a German deli near you. They'll sell Mezzo Mix. Or you could just make it yourself with coke and fanta!

I can't wait to stock up on the very inexpensive mead again.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
My wife drinks something nasty called "cola-hefe". Anyone else a fan of this nightmare?

:rofl:

I don't like it either.

And where I'm from we call the above mentioned one with banana juice "monkey puke" (sorry, had to mention it).

But to get back to the Nutella... I put a slice of cheese between the Nutella and the butter... :P

:crying: Monkey Puke !!! Eeewwww....

And cheese and Nutella don't mix! Where the heck are you from??? :devil:

:rofl:

Hubby always says I'm from Lala-Land, but it's Frankfurt, really (born in Giessen, 35 minutes to the north).

And he always wants to faint when I do the cheese-Nutella-mix :lol:

Does Matt do the same thing, Nina?

My sister does it too, she also eats cheese with Curry Ketchup on top.

And, something even I find disgusting: a friend of mine eats Braunschweiger (the liver sausage, that's what it's called here, I believe) with fresh banana on top. Eeew!

Quark: I tried the one from Apple Farms (German Delis carry it and you can also get it in most Commisarries), it comes pretty close to the original, but I only buy it on special occasions because it's usually 6-8 Dollars per pound :blink:

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.