Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I've seen a Chinese-Mexican restaurant (never ventured in there to eat though)...maybe you can make a German-Mexican restuarant ;)

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

I like the Sponge Bob - Hitler speech video parody. Please no flames or haters....just see it as the joke that it is.

Edited by Dr. ZoSo

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've seen it with a my little pony cartoon lolol..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Yeah, Hitler jokes are usually not considered very funny by ze Tshermans.

I would classify it as more of a sponge bob joke.

I like the Sponge Bob - Hitler speech video parody. Please no flames or haters....just see it as the joke that it is.

Grateful for not having speakers at work... :unsure:

No one said you had to click on the video. Watch it or dont....makes no difference to me.

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Wow. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications of response to this thread, but they started again today. Weird.

Well, I had to scroll through 4 pages to "catch up" with everybody here. lol

The Americans I meet always seem to have been to the South, nobody ever goes to the North. I wonder why that is...only because Munich is so popular?

I would say that the "stereo-typical Germany" is in the south. Castles, old-style housing, architecture, clothing attire, Bavarian-styled festivles galore. Berlin and Hamburg and such have evolved and are definitely more modern now. Definitely beautiful cities, but not the Germany that Americans think of.

...someone asked where we are from in Germany.

I live in a small town called Zeegendorf (kreis Bamberg), Bavaria, Germany. Very small town. Someone said something about a town of 288. I'm pretty sure we are hovering around the 300 mark as well.

I am the American in the relationship. My husband is German. I am not affiliated with the US Army (in Bamberg) in any way.

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I live in a small town called Zeegendorf (kreis Bamberg), Bavaria, Germany. Very small town. Someone said something about a town of 288. I'm pretty sure we are hovering around the 300 mark as well.

That's not too far from Nuernberg!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
Wow. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications of response to this thread, but they started again today. Weird.

Well, I had to scroll through 4 pages to "catch up" with everybody here. lol

That happened to me on other threads so I stopped all email notifications. I just check the list in "my controls" all the time...much easier that way

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Timeline

Woohoo I should send hubbie to this thread :P

He knew a lot about Germany before I met him, he took German in High School and had been to all parts quite a bit before he did his junior college year at my college in Munich... He totally is into those Bavarian castles though. While in Munich he forced me to go to Neuschwanstein over and over.

Yeah the Germans don't like Hitler jokes. Hubbie tries them on me every once in a while, his friends find them hilarious and I don't. He kept saying I'm taking the baby to the Vaterland when I flew there last month. I didn't think it was funny, which makes it a whole lot funnier for him. :devil:

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Woohoo I should send hubbie to this thread :P

He knew a lot about Germany before I met him, he took German in High School and had been to all parts quite a bit before he did his junior college year at my college in Munich... He totally is into those Bavarian castles though. While in Munich he forced me to go to Neuschwanstein over and over.

Yeah the Germans don't like Hitler jokes. Hubbie tries them on me every once in a while, his friends find them hilarious and I don't. He kept saying I'm taking the baby to the Vaterland when I flew there last month. I didn't think it was funny, which makes it a whole lot funnier for him. :devil:

I don't know what kind of Germans many of you hang out with but a lot of Germans I know aren't bothered by an occasional Hitler joke once in a while.

We almost went to Neuschwanstein castle last year but we were in Germany just in time for Oktober fest so the crowds of people and the traffic made out car trip south a lot shorter. We toured Dachau and then went to Ingolstadt to the Audi museum.

I don't want to get to Neuschwanstein some day.

P.S.

It's a Sponge bob joke and not a Hitler joke!

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

That's not too far from Nuernberg!

lol It's not! It's about 45-60 minutes to drive there.. depending on the traffic, and if they are doing construction.. which was A LOT when I first got to Germany. lol

And, in re: the Hitler jokes. I haven't even seen how my husband would handle those jokes. I haven't heard any Hitler jokes (in person) since being here.

What my husband hates is the Nazi jokes. This is mostly because he has been mistaken for a Nazi many times in his life - and that is because he has a pretty bad receeding hairline and has shaved his head for about 14 years now. (He is 36.) He DOES take offense to Nazi jokes. Those are simply not acceptable to him.

This has, in turn, wore off on me. When people make nazi jokes around me (online, xbox live, etc) I tell them to take it somewhere else because I do not like to hear them.

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody!

This thread is awesome!!!! I love it.

I am the German part (from a city close to Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg) of our marriage and my husband is American. I just went through all the posts and would like to add some stuff...

First of all I would like to say that nobody has to worry about his/her German. It is a really hard language to learn, especially compared to English, which is pretty easy. And not to forget that Germans have to start English in school when they are 10 (now even younger).

My husband speaks German and had spend all together about 1.5 years in Germany. He makes a lot of mistakes still and I try to correct him. It is just hard to answer the question "why do you say it like that?"...sometimes it is just what it is. :) His dads parents were German but never spoke German to his Dad or himself. But he feels kind of related to Germany and loves it there.

We also recognized some cultural differences. There are not that much and most of them are really little differences. But e.g. it is pretty usual in Germany that girls have guys as "just friends". He didn't understand that at all at the beginning. And I recognized that, too, when I did my internship here in the States. I was asked by a friend of my roommate if I would like to meet him at the bar ones...I did...and after that he kept calling me...till my roommate told me that this was a date. Ooops. :) And we recognizes the optimistic/pessimistic difference, too. But then on the other hand my husband has a pretty German habit which I don't have at all. He is all about saving money, while I just think about things we could spend it on. :) And then there are some which are not even worth to mention.

We defenitely want to go and visit my family in Germany, too. And as my husband loves it there we might move there ones and spend some years there. Who knows. It was never the fact that we just wanted to be in the States, I just moved here, because this was the better way for the next few years. And then we will see.

And I want to talk German with my kids (which are still plans and not real), too. Even if we will live here. Maybe they want to spend some years in Germany when they are older. And there are ways to have your kids learn reading and writing, just have to find a school for that.

Can't wait to read some more interesting things.

PS: I got the "Abmeldebescheinigung", too. As the German embassy said on the website....without that paper they will still work on your new passport, etc. but they will charge more for that than with the "Abmeldebescheinigung".

K-1 Visa Timeline

2008-09-25: Sent I-129F

2009-02-24: Visa Received!!!!

US Entry : 2009-03-06

Marriage : 2009-04-16

AOS and EAD Timeline

2009-05-08: Sent AOS and EAD Application

2009-05-15: Check cashed

2009-05-15: NOA dated (both I-765 and I-485)

2009-05-18: NOAs received

2009-05-20: Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-05-21: Letter for biometrics appointment in mail

2009-05-22: Visit ASC for biometrics / Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-05-25: Touch I-765 and I-485

2009-06-05: original biometrics appointment

2009-06-26: EAD card production ordered (finally!!)

2009-07-02: Received EAD card in the mail

2009-07-09: Received Interview letter

2009-07-10: Requested reschedule of interview

2009-08-19: scheduled interview (didn't go)

2009-08-21: Denial letter reveived

2009-08-28: Discussion with local office. Reschedule request forwarded to officer

2009-09-05: Reschedule request denied

2009-09-11: Another discussion with local office. Endresult: Interview :) Medical information is missing

2009-09-14: Contacted Embassy in Frankfurt to request a copy of medical

2009-09-29: Recieved medical from Frankfurt and submited it to USCIS

2009-10-01: Green Card production ordered

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
He kept saying I'm taking the baby to the Vaterland when I flew there last month.

Oh my...P always makes comments like "let's have more babies for the Fatherland" And he's the German!

I am the German part (from a city close to Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg) of our marriage and my husband is American.

My husband is from Langenau, but was born in Stuttgart. We'll be going there in August. Where near Stuttgart are you from?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.