Dr. ZoSo

Married To A German :)

436 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I have no affiliation with the US military. My wife just happens to come from the southern part of Germany.

Me too (well, husband). My bff is also from Nuernberg. But my husband loves Germany and doesn't mind traveling all over it and Europe. I'm really looking forward to our trip this summer as it will be the first time in 3 years we will have flown together!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no affiliation with the US military. My wife just happens to come from the southern part of Germany.

Me too (well, husband). My bff is also from Nuernberg. But my husband loves Germany and doesn't mind traveling all over it and Europe. I'm really looking forward to our trip this summer as it will be the first time in 3 years we will have flown together!

It is expensive to travel there isnt it? Where do you leave the US from (what airport)?

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Filed: Timeline

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I live in Frankfurt and my bf in Charlotte and we travel back and forth. Luckily we are able to see each other quite often - he comes over three times a year and I go over there three times. That all adds up to around 10-12 weeks a year. :D We are going to continue the LDR thing for a few more years. It's hard, but we an do it.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I live in Frankfurt and my bf in Charlotte and we travel back and forth. Luckily we are able to see each other quite often - he comes over three times a year and I go over there three times. That all adds up to around 10-12 weeks a year. :D We are going to continue the LDR thing for a few more years. It's hard, but we an do it.

It gets old real quick!

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

I've been there twice. Mostly just around Bielefeld & Lippstadt (my fiance's home town, in NRW), but we also made a trip to a conference in Karlsruhe & visited some of his friends in Heidelberg (such a beautiful city!)

Karin has a relative in Bielefeld...

We were in Heidelberg in 2006 - very nice city - when we did the Romantic Road driving tour together... :star:

Ah, so I suppose you've heard of the "Bielefeld Verschwörung"? *shifty eyes*

I sure hope USCIS doesn't realize my husband comes from a city that doesn't exist (or that, as they say, it doesn't give)!

;)

Edited by Melian

Christian & Erika

10/10/06 - We meet in an online forum.

4/23/07 - We are officially a couple. <3

7/17/07 - First meeting in person - Rochester NY (several visits back and forth follow).

12/15/08 - Our daughter, Annika, is born.

4/1/09 - Christian comes to visit on the VWP (5th visit to US, POE is Newark, no hassles).

5/26/09 - We get married! Small wedding, planned in a month, but very nice. :)

Adjustment of Status

7/3/09 -- Mailed I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131, Medical - certified mail

7/6/09 -- Delivery confirmation on USPS website

7/14/09 -- Receipts arrive.

7/16/09 -- Can pull up case with receipt numbers on USCIS website.

7/25/09 -- RFE. Our joint sponsor did not provide proof of citizenship or enough proof of his income.

8/17/09 -- Received AP document.

8/19/09 -- Biometrics appointment.

8/28/09 -- Received EAD card.

9/29/09 -- Interview - APPROVED!!!

10/3/09 -- Welcome letter.

10/9/09 -- Green card in hand!

I've been there twice. Mostly just around Bielefeld & Lippstadt (my fiance's home town, in NRW), but we also made a trip to a conference in Karlsruhe & visited some of his friends in Heidelberg (such a beautiful city!)

Karin has a relative in Bielefeld...

We were in Heidelberg in 2006 - very nice city - when we did the Romantic Road driving tour together... :star:

Ah, so I suppose you've heard of the "Bielefeld Verschwörung"? *shifty eyes*

I sure hope USCIS doesn't realize my husband comes from a city that doesn't exist (or that, as they say, it doesn't give)!

;)

I have never heard of this conspiracy theory before now. I did some reading up on it and it was interesting. Kind of hard to believe it's still going though.....this place is so bag it's hard to miss on the map (google maps).

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm a Mexican, soon to be married to a German :luv:

best combination ever

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm a Mexican, soon to be married to a German :luv:

best combination ever

Something about that statement makes me think of accordians... :lol:

(fyi I love Mexican & German cultures despite the accordian hehe)

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

yup..

we are Das Sachsenhäuser Duo

we even cater to our own events... mettbrotchen tostadas, guacamole mit musik, rippchen en salsa verde, handkäse nachos

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
yup..

we are Das Sachsenhäuser Duo

we even cater to our own events... mettbrotchen tostadas, guacamole mit musik, rippchen en salsa verde, handkäse nachos

Now you're making me hungry, too! So cruel! :jest:

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

my dishes don't sound too bad eh..

I wonder how would they taste lol

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
It is expensive to travel there isnt it? Where do you leave the US from (what airport)?

Well, we lucked out and got tickets for less than $700 a person. We just make it our priority. This is likely the last 'family' trip because my son will be in college next year and probably will be off doing his own thing. Next summer we're going to Ireland, so we're thinking to do Germany every other or every 3 years.

I (L) Pedro & Squirrel!

Btw, Patrick will be joining your band as he is a whiz kid on the accordion. I will wear cute dresses and sing and/or serve beer at your functions.

Oh and Squirrel, we probably won't make it to Frankfurt on our trip...BUT we're having a wedding celebration/birthday party August 8th. You should come!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Well, we lucked out and got tickets for less than $700 a person. We just make it our priority. This is likely the last 'family' trip because my son will be in college next year and probably will be off doing his own thing. Next summer we're going to Ireland, so we're thinking to do Germany every other or every 3 years.

That's around what we pay every time we travel to Germany. I remember about 4 years ago I found a ticket for $350 round trip. That was nice.

I must say that if we didn't have a place to stay for free in Germany with her parents I don't think I would have ever personally made it to Europe. It's very expensive with the exchange rate.

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.