panthai

vaccination supplement I-693A?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi, my wife had her medical done prior to entering the US. on the AOS instructions says:

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report.

Where the heck do one get this form (I-693A) form. and if one get it, who fills it out...me or doctor...I am really stuck at this point on what to do. Please help, thank you all who answer..Pan and Will

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You get this from a Civil Surgeon in your area. Call several as they can charge pretty much what they want. Some may even tell you that you need the full examination. As long as you have the shot record from her exam in Thailand they will transfer that to a new form. I believe it is an I-693. It will need to be in a sealed envelope when mailed in with your AOS application. I paid $25 for mine but the price range I was quoted was all over the map. Again, $25-$50 should get the job done.

Rich

Edited by LastSurvivor

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
You get this from a Civil Surgeon in your area. Call several as they can charge pretty much what they want. Some may even tell you that you need the full examination. As long as you have the shot record from her exam in Thailand they will transfer that to a new form. I believe it is an I-693. It will need to be in a sealed envelope when mailed in with your AOS application. I paid $25 for mine but the price range I was quoted was all over the map. Again, $25-$50 should get the job done.

Rich

:yes::yes: ...good luck :star:

Milan,Italy- San Francisco, USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got this filled out, just in case. Our AOS interview is Monday (6-26).

I looked up the approved civil surgeons on the uscis website for this. There were not so many in my area, but many on the other side of the city. I called one that was close and got no telephone answer, so I called the 'easiest to find with a man driving' one that happens to be near the USCIS and the airport in KC.

For anyone in KC, talk to Sharon at Landmark Medical Center, as she is the one that has immigration knowledge. You do need to explain that the medical exam was completed elsewhere and that you only need to have the Vaccinnation Supplement form filled out. This cost me $40, and I picked it up the next day ( I provided the Vaccination Worksheet from the medical interview in Bangkok).

In our case, everything from my wife's worksheet indicated that she had all of her vaccinations and anything else was 'not age appropriate'.

Let you know whether it was needed or not on Monday.

PS The approved civil surgeons have forms. It is not acceptible for you to provide to them. I did submit copies of my wife's passport (maiden name), driver's license (married name), and marriage certificate, to validate her name to the Vaccination Worksheet from Thailand.

Edited by moerlien

1999-02-23 Met on internet in Beseen.com chatroom

1999-12-19 Met in person, for the first time in BKK

Xmas & Y2K New Year in BKK

Lotsa back and forth travel; me to there, and her to here... details soon.

Mail loss

resend of I129F

2005-04-25 NOA 1 Nebraska Service Center

2005-07-25 NOA 2

2005-07-27 NOA 2 'shipped' to NVC

2005-08-09 Picked up Packet3 at the embassy

2005-08-11 Provisional file started at the embassy (checklist, DS230I, 2-pics, copy of passport)

2005-08-05 Called NVC. No record yet.

2005-08-11 NVC case sent to embassy. <--

2005-08-12 Called NVC. They said: ^^^^^

2005-08-15 Received NVC confirmation letter.

2005-08-19 Embassy opens mail and sends interview date!!!

2005-08-25 Doctor's appt.

2005-09-01 Pick up Police Report.

2005-10-08 Off to Bangkok! Anyone call a taxi?

2005-10-12 Interview date. Approved!!!

2005-10-26 Mod & I are flying home to Kansas City.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question asking for some advice about medical issues.

I am aware of most of the stuff I need with regards to the medical forms needed for the AOS package. I made sure that I got my DS-3025 form from my doctor back in the UK. I am also aware that I now need to phone around designated surgeons (who try to rip us off) and get a good deal for someone to transfer these details on to a I-693A form and enclose this with the AOS package.

My question is with regards to the ticked boxes that I have on the DS-3025 form. In the results box, it has Vaccine history ticked as incomplete and K1 visa written in brackets next to it.

The only vaccine that I haven't actually got on the form, which I think is required is the Varicella. Therefore am I right that I would therefore need to get this vaccine before I submit the completed I-693A with the AOS package?

any help would be most useful

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.