Kenza

Moroccans out there or Moroccan SO

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Originally my husband wanted me to move to Morocco to live, but that wasn't going to happen because I have kids and joint custody. So he agreed to move here and we agreed when the kids were grown we'd move back to Morocco. Fast forward 6 years later and there is only one kid left at home and she is almost 15. All the plans have been thrown out the window...lol

After living and working here for the first 2 years my husband went home to visit his family in Morocco and take care of some family business. He called me the 3rd day there and informed me to forget moving to Morocco. He said he couldn't live there anymore because of the corruption. He had gotten so use to being able to go into an office and take care of something without any hassles for bribes and he got so aggravated with the office he was dealing with for his sister he left. He also had gotten so use to driving by the law and said he couldn't drive in Casablanca the whole time he was there. He was so happy to get back home. He said there is no way he can live there permanantly anymore, we will just visit and come home. He is so serious about it he applied and got his American citizenship this past February.

Deb

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Originally my husband wanted me to move to Morocco to live, but that wasn't going to happen because I have kids and joint custody. So he agreed to move here and we agreed when the kids were grown we'd move back to Morocco. Fast forward 6 years later and there is only one kid left at home and she is almost 15. All the plans have been thrown out the window...lol

After living and working here for the first 2 years my husband went home to visit his family in Morocco and take care of some family business. He called me the 3rd day there and informed me to forget moving to Morocco. He said he couldn't live there anymore because of the corruption. He had gotten so use to being able to go into an office and take care of something without any hassles for bribes and he got so aggravated with the office he was dealing with for his sister he left. He also had gotten so use to driving by the law and said he couldn't drive in Casablanca the whole time he was there. He was so happy to get back home. He said there is no way he can live there permanantly anymore, we will just visit and come home. He is so serious about it he applied and got his American citizenship this past February.

Deb

haha I feel for your husband and those are the reasons I don't want to go!!! and another thing is the healthcare. My great grandmother was dying and there was no ambulence to come and take her to the hospital at 3 in the morning. I called the police here because I thought someone was breaking into the house and they were here in 2 min. no joke. Raising kids well can be done anywhere but the safety and education system varies. Thanks for all your replies and the good discussion...I think we will see how well my husband likes it here in California and if he still wants to go, we might. I'm just dreading the family drama all the time :wacko:

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Since we're not generalizing how about we stop assuming that the US is a bad place to raise children since according to you most Americans have low morals. So when Mid Easterners behave badly there are crazy ppl in every country but when Americans do that means we have bad morals...in general.

I hate to argue but you do realize that we're American and saying that most of us have low morals and that *our* homeland is a bad place to raise children is offensive.

we have thought about it for retirement but for now no. that could even change as retirement is along time away.

as for children respecting their parents....my husband daughter wont even call him daddy but his first name due to his ex wife's upbringing of the child. that is not respectable. he might not be her husband any longer but he is his daughters father and should be braught up knowing that. is this how nice muslim woman should be bringing up thier children? so u see ####### happenes everywhere and everyone....not just america.

Please lets not generalize there is crazy people in every country and religion if we continue to bring good and bad example we will never come up with a result, we want this to be a positive debate.

thanks

Hi Kenza

I was just there four months last year. It is true that the time get longer as you stay, especially in the winter time. Ow, I love summer time in Morocco. However, with a job or business, it is great. Me, and my wife are definetly thinking about that, in the future though.

That's the thing though...in Morocco your either very rich with your own business or poor...the only motivation in me going there is to make a difference some how!

One of my wife condition to marry me was to go back to Morocco one day and raise our kids there, I agreed and I always wanted that. the main reason for that is to raise our kids based on Islam and Moroccan tradition, you grow up in the US and you know what happens to a lot of kids in high school( drugs, sex...) its not easy to raise kids in the US, Most of them have no respect for there parents, also think about the third generation and their kids. you are probably one of the lucky ones you were born and raise in the US and grow up as good Muslim, your father did a good job :thumbs: .

Its not easy to go back to Morocco, espestialy for you because your US is you home and you parents probably still live in the US verces you hubby's parents. if you love your husband you will be happy with him any where he goes. If he ask you this again tell him I will go to the moon with you if you decided so! what ever makes you happy!! :star:

one more thing lets not jump to conclusion after he come over her he may change his mind like your dad :dance:

u r kidding right? i think u need to eat ur words and then come back and appoligize to me.

I apologize to all Americans including my self, I'm not trying to offend any body, I'm human and I do mistakes.

I came to this country with a college degree and I got another one here, I work hard every day, I pay almost $20000 in taxes a year and I don't get back non of it....I don't send money to Morocco I bought a house In NC and I spend every bit of it here....I go to Morocco and other countries every year to learn about other cultures. I didn't come to the US for money or to get citizenship, I already have residency of France from my father they have better social system than US . I came to the US for knowledge and to learn about the culture and it was a very good experience, I have more American friends than Moroccan, my best friend name is Robert he is 55 years old I went with him and his family to Brazil and we stayed in a bad neighborhood so we can learn about Brazilian people life... I learned that I can be poor and enjoy my life and I can be rich and said.

what ever you girls said about Morocco is true. Its my country and I believe its corrupted in low scale. I hate to talk politics but you know what can of corruption we got here in the US ( Washington) high scale corruption. Morocco is a third world country and it will be for a while unless people like me move over there try to change it it will stay that way. Morocco is improving very fast compare to the rest of the African countries, some body has to suffer to make the change, America was not like these when the pilgrims came over in the 16 century or just 40 years ago when the white men and black men couldn't use the same toilet. Morocco as a country never harmed any other country or trough a nuclear bomb on them. I don't like to talk politics please don't get me started.

hassan_debbie: your husband said he couldn't live there any more, ask him where did he grow up and spend his last 20 years also tell him if you get deported from US where would you go and of course no country would take him but Morocco, But know he have options and of course he will chose the easy route( blond wife, diet cook, Double cheese Burger , DVR) :star:

I'm sorry if I offend anybody again I don't mean to do that? I just like critical thinking and I'm still in the US :crying:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Since we're not generalizing how about we stop assuming that the US is a bad place to raise children since according to you most Americans have low morals. So when Mid Easterners behave badly there are crazy ppl in every country but when Americans do that means we have bad morals...in general.

I hate to argue but you do realize that we're American and saying that most of us have low morals and that *our* homeland is a bad place to raise children is offensive.

we have thought about it for retirement but for now no. that could even change as retirement is along time away.

as for children respecting their parents....my husband daughter wont even call him daddy but his first name due to his ex wife's upbringing of the child. that is not respectable. he might not be her husband any longer but he is his daughters father and should be braught up knowing that. is this how nice muslim woman should be bringing up thier children? so u see ####### happenes everywhere and everyone....not just america.

Please lets not generalize there is crazy people in every country and religion if we continue to bring good and bad example we will never come up with a result, we want this to be a positive debate.

thanks

Hi Kenza

I was just there four months last year. It is true that the time get longer as you stay, especially in the winter time. Ow, I love summer time in Morocco. However, with a job or business, it is great. Me, and my wife are definetly thinking about that, in the future though.

That's the thing though...in Morocco your either very rich with your own business or poor...the only motivation in me going there is to make a difference some how!

One of my wife condition to marry me was to go back to Morocco one day and raise our kids there, I agreed and I always wanted that. the main reason for that is to raise our kids based on Islam and Moroccan tradition, you grow up in the US and you know what happens to a lot of kids in high school( drugs, sex...) its not easy to raise kids in the US, Most of them have no respect for there parents, also think about the third generation and their kids. you are probably one of the lucky ones you were born and raise in the US and grow up as good Muslim, your father did a good job :thumbs: .

Its not easy to go back to Morocco, espestialy for you because your US is you home and you parents probably still live in the US verces you hubby's parents. if you love your husband you will be happy with him any where he goes. If he ask you this again tell him I will go to the moon with you if you decided so! what ever makes you happy!! :star:

one more thing lets not jump to conclusion after he come over her he may change his mind like your dad :dance:

u r kidding right? i think u need to eat ur words and then come back and appoligize to me.

I apologize to all Americans including my self, I'm not trying to offend any body, I'm human and I do mistakes.

I came to this country with a college degree and I got another one here, I work hard every day, I pay almost $20000 in taxes a year and I don't get back non of it....I don't send money to Morocco I bought a house In NC and I spend every bit of it here....I go to Morocco and other countries every year to learn about other cultures. I didn't come to the US for money or to get citizenship, I already have residency of France from my father they have better social system than US . I came to the US for knowledge and to learn about the culture and it was a very good experience, I have more American friends than Moroccan, my best friend name is Robert he is 55 years old I went with him and his family to Brazil and we stayed in a bad neighborhood so we can learn about Brazilian people life... I learned that I can be poor and enjoy my life and I can be rich and said.

what ever you girls said about Morocco is true. Its my country and I believe its corrupted in low scale. I hate to talk politics but you know what can of corruption we got here in the US ( Washington) high scale corruption. Morocco is a third world country and it will be for a while unless people like me move over there try to change it it will stay that way. Morocco is improving very fast compare to the rest of the African countries, some body has to suffer to make the change, America was not like these when the pilgrims came over in the 16 century or just 40 years ago when the white men and black men couldn't use the same toilet. Morocco as a country never harmed any other country or trough a nuclear bomb on them. I don't like to talk politics please don't get me started.

hassan_debbie: your husband said he couldn't live there any more, ask him where did he grow up and spend his last 20 years also tell him if you get deported from US where would you go and of course no country would take him but Morocco, But know he have options and of course he will chose the easy route( blond wife, diet cook, Double cheese Burger , DVR) :star:

I'm sorry if I offend anybody again I don't mean to do that? I just like critical thinking and I'm still in the US :crying:

Hmm didn't realize blonde wives were part of the easy route. Time for me to get the heck off VJ and get some sleep.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

thanks

Hi Kenza

Adam not nit picking here and I am not easily offended but I am blonde and by no means consider myself to be my husband's easy route

if I am to find proof of that or feel so he can take the quick route.....outta here. I dont get this statement at all.

Just because someone has a "Blonde" wife, they hit the jackpot or what? :whistle:

Adam,

the easy route( blond wife, diet cook, Double cheese Burger , DVR) comment may be a little bit too far.

I am not a lady, and I am Moroccan. However, your comment is offensive to say the least, and made the blood boil in my head. You may wanna be careful with your words next time.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Adam,

the easy route( blond wife, diet cook, Double cheese Burger , DVR) comment may be a little bit too far.

I am not a lady, and I am Moroccan. However, your comment is offensive to say the least, and made the blood boil in my head. You may wanna be careful with your words next time.

:thumbs:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

That shows the negative stereotypes lots of Moroccans have about Americans....being blonde, which is sooo not true.

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

"the easy route( blond wife, diet cook, Double cheese Burger , DVR" :bonk:

We have blonds in Morocco, we have diet coke even though we call it light, we have MC Donald's, and we also have satellite receivers that do wonders beside the basic recording of the DVR. Go see Derb Ghallef

I just think these kind of remarks, and comments are distasteful. There are Blond Americans, African Americans Native Americans, Latino Amer...and so on.

It is kinda of Old Moroccan stereotype that sees the US as a cowboy land with blond girls, Burgers, Guns and road rage...

And please Adam do not say that you are apologizing to Americans, cause I see that this apology was not sincere. You may need to apologize to Americans, and Moroccans married to Americans. And please this time be sincere.

Peace out

Edited by MoroccanInTexas

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree... that was offensive.

Anyway... :ot2: My sister in law had a baby 2 years ago and when he was only 6 months old her mom took her baby back to Morocco (December of last 2007 and he is still in Morocco! I don't know how she does it. I could never do that. She has missed so much of his life and so much of the bonding. That has to be hard. I told my husband that we're not moving to Morocco any time soon and I am not sending my baby over there (Whenever I have one) unless I am there with him/her. I'll stay for 6 months or so, but I could never be away from my baby for over a year :(

That shows the negative stereotypes lots of Moroccans have about Americans....being blonde, which is sooo not true.

Didn't you know all Americans are blonde? lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Timeline
I agree... that was offensive.

Anyway... :ot2: My sister in law had a baby 2 years ago and when he was only 6 months old her mom took her baby back to Morocco (December of last 2007 and he is still in Morocco! I don't know how she does it. I could never do that. She has missed so much of his life and so much of the bonding. That has to be hard. I told my husband that we're not moving to Morocco any time soon and I am not sending my baby over there (Whenever I have one) unless I am there with him/her. I'll stay for 6 months or so, but I could never be away from my baby for over a year :(

Didn't you know all Americans are blonde? lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

maybe in their minds lol....

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Adam,

Can you please be honest and tell me why you didn't Marry a Moroccan girl? do you think they are not good enough? and why you didn't stay In Morocco?

I'm also asking the same question to all those beutifull who decided to Marry Moroccans, why did you make that kind of a dicision knowing your husband may get homesick and my want to go back....? why you didn't Marry someone from America that way you wouldn't be at VJ..? I need honest answers?

Everybody was attaking me because my situiation is diffirent and my answers were straight forword, and if you read the posts from the begining you will find that I was just replying to Kenza problem.

Please I want everybody to be cool. I love all of you American sisters and Moroccan Brothers and want everybody to have a happy Marriage and life.

Adam,

ADAM :wacko::angry:

Can you please be honest and tell me why you didn't Marry a Moroccan girl?

Why should I marry a Moroccan? I married an American because I was ready to get married , and she was the one. And for your info I lived in the States legally, for four years before I met my wife, if that's what you are insinuating !!!!

Do you think they are not good enough? I have no problems with Moroccan ladies, in fact I have a social group on Face book, that is trying to show the good side of Moroccan ladies you may wanna go check it out " Femmes Marocaines, Notre Fierte"

and why you didn't stay In Morocco? Again too much questions, which is not strange from a Moroccan who is trying to know everything so that he can judge others :blink: :blink: I did not want to stay in Morocco, for many reasons. and for your info my family back home is considered middle class. However, i needed to get an education, learn a language, and see the new world, and break free....

Why are you on VJ anyway? if you are all set, and you decided to go to Morocco, and Moroccans are the only good ones for marriage ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.