viji_nyc

I-751 application interview called after 16 months, desceduled as A-file missing

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

the same thing happened to me when I was adjusting my statuts. Normally Dallas had a Speedy program called DORA where the the process is supposed to take 3 months from start to finish. Guess what I did hear from them in more than a year. I got pissed and contacted them many times. The answer they wre giving me : you passed the background check all is needed is for the officer to make a decision. WTH ! :angry:

I contacted my frking senator who was no help since she has other priorities. After contacting the office of the Ombudsman, then things started moving. You know what they told me : the file was misplaced on the officer desk, and she is not with USCIS anymore. Why did I have to suffer because you morons employ good for nothing rejects?! the whole process took me 15 months instead of 3 !!

AGAIN contact the office of the ombudsman, and do not take their BS about calling you for another interview. They screwed up they have to fix it....

Good luck

Can you give any more details about the Ombudsman? Is there one for every state has or is it a federal office? If you have an address or phone number, I think that would be of great help to some of the people who have posted on this thread. Thanks! Today my frustration is running at a fever pitch but I realize my situation is nothing compared to some of the ####### others are going through.

Jo-Anne

Can you give any more details about the Ombudsman? Is there one for every state has or is it a federal office? If you have an address or phone number, I think that would be of great help to some of the people who have posted on this thread. Thanks! Today my frustration is running at a fever pitch but I realize my situation is nothing compared to some of the ####### others are going through.

Sure I will be happy to share this info with y'all

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman is a part of the Department of Homeland Security. they are located in Washington DC

Here is a link you need to visit

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm#3

I also attached the document that needs to be submitted to the ombudsman office DHS 7001

Let me know if you need any more info

Good luck

cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

Edited by MoroccanInTexas

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Hi Viji_nyc,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I am in the same boat and i fear that they have lost my file as well. We filed in January 08. Had the FP march. My file was touched in march of 08. Ever since, NOTHING.

I called them twice only to recieve a letter that my case has been pulled and that i should hear something within 90 days. bear in mind my one year extension was slowly drawing to an end. I finally was able to make an infopass appointment and get my passport stamped for another one year.

At the immigration center, i asked the lady who stamped my passport why the delay. She simply told me that the case was still under review.

I therefore asked myself the following questions:

1. Under review for what?

2. If you need more info, simply ask me to send more info.

3. If i need an interview, simply send me the letter stating the date and i will be there.

My logical conclusion is that they have misplaced my file and your experience only validates my point. I am 15 months and counting. But i cannot stress, i cannot argue with them. I will wait even if it takes 5 years.

I am on the same boat with you guys. I replied with our RFE a month ago but until now, never heard anything. I got my info pass but the officer said they did not process our papers yet. What the heck are they doing????? Why would they wait for a year or over a year to process the papers???? :devil:

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

MoroccanInTexas,

Thank you sincerely for sharing the information! It will definitely help others who needs it, even for us who don't need it now may still need it in the future. :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

MoroccanInTexas,

Thank you sincerely for sharing the information! It will definitely help others who needs it, even for us who don't need it now may still need it in the future. :thumbs:

Ditto to that, Thanks

You are welcome :) That's what this site is about help others with advice, and not jump to judgement

Good luck everybody :D

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Hi Guys,

I was approved on April 9th. It took 15 months but it sure did get approved. Do not give up. I know it is stressfull and frustrating.

Hello edall,

Congratulations for your approval! :thumbs:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Hi Guys,

I was approved on April 9th. It took 15 months but it sure did get approved. Do not give up. I know it is stressfull and frustrating.

Congratulations, at least we still see hope. I am happy for you. I know the feeling. Now, off you go to relax.

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

Hi Guys,

Congratulations edall :).

viji_nyc,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone. Please contact your senator, congressman and Office of Ombudsman for which MoroccanInTexas posted info. Thanks MoroccanInTexas for the info.

viji_nyc, please get things moving. Please panic or stress out by use the resources to work around this Very Slow Center(VSC).

Thanks for the info, I find it weird that the office of my senator assured me a month ago that my file was in someones desk, someones desk???? ####### is that supposed to mean?? I have a legit Job and they are starting to ask what happened with my status? I know I'm fine I just don't want to have to keep explaining to them why I'm OK. I wonder if these people at USCIS read this forum! If you read the terms of use of this site there is a clause about them having to disclose info to USCIS in case they ask for it, I would say they must have done that in the past for the clause to be there,

mbmw will VJ report to USCIS and under what circumstances.. Is there any clause like that on their TOS (Terms of Service). Please reply.

Hey Jasmine, thanks a lot once again for all your help. The information you've provided is very useful. By the way, on another thread I posted, I received a reply from a person saying that CSC has been overwhelmed with VSC & TSC applications since September of 2008 and that their target is to complete them as much as possible by end of April. Then they will give priority for CSC apps received in Sept. & Oct. of 2008. So that I should receive a reply mid to end of May 2009.

What do you think ? Any input on this statement... ?

Also since CSC has taken beyond 6 months of their marked processing time, do you think that they could still send me an RFE if necessary or even schedule an interview. Or could they approve me straight off ? (I believe I provided enough evidence)

Hey Jasmine, thanks a lot once again for all your help. The information you've provided is very useful. By the way, on another thread I posted, I received a reply from a person saying that CSC has been overwhelmed with VSC & TSC applications since September of 2008 and that their target is to complete them as much as possible by end of April. Then they will give priority for CSC apps received in Sept. & Oct. of 2008. So that I should receive a reply mid to end of May 2009.

What do you think ? Any input on this statement... ?

Also since CSC has taken beyond 6 months of their marked processing time, do you think that they could still send me an RFE if necessary or even schedule an interview. Or could they approve me straight off ? (I believe I provided enough evidence)

Wow! Where is the source of this eavesdropping? Please provide the link.

Anyways, no one can tell for sure about RFE or interview until you actually get the new GC in hand. But I can tell you this, if you've been waiting longer than 6 months at CSC, feel free to send an inquiry about your case, either by calling the mis-information line or making an infopass appointment.

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.