antda

I-751: "Ant's I-751 Mailbox checking obsession adventures..."

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Immigrant2009,

Glad you like reading my posts and find them entertaining... :blush: You're welcome about starting fun threads here on VJ, as it sure does help in taking the stress off of this issue by seeing the humour in our similar immigration situations. After all, "why cry, when you can laugh about it"...:jest:

It sure has helped me, to have this "VJ posting messages immigration therapy"...Hope that reading and posting on VJ helps you in the same way too... :thumbs:

Oh yeah, it's not fun having to go through 2x (and more) stress for me either. On the other hand, one is a good stress (the Baby) and the other one is a bad stress (immigration), so in ways they kind of "balance each other out". It's just more harder to "balance both and more" at the same time....sigh.....

I agree, we all can understand about being "obsessed" about checking the mail, for our "magic USCIS ticket". Heck, I think at this point, the mailperson must think I'm some :wacko: person or something for doing such. Regardless, one can't help but do such, as apparently that's the only way to check for such important matters.

Sigh, I used to enjoy checking the mail...and now because of all of this...it's more of a cumbersome and obsessive chore.. :unsure: Lol...anyone want to sign up for MCA (mail checkers anonymous) with me?

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too. And likewise, hope that you will hear good news in the mail from the USCIS soon too.

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

I like reading and posting to VJ and especially love post from AntandD and jasminelily. They are fun to read :) . AntandD,

Thanks for starting another fun thread. I can understand and can imagine what you must be going through as you have 2x the stress we all have. Plus we all somewhat more obsessed in checking mail than we were before.

You us and others VJer best of luck in their visa journey. Hang in there you will hear good news soon :) . :thumbs:

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Updates...

Tuesday April 14th

In-person post office check: None (feeling very sick and tired all day, and still feeling this now)

USPS Mail, 6:00pm: No Mail at all. Nothing. Nada. Ziltch.

(although there was a foot-high pile of dirt behind the mailbox, as the town workers were putting in a new sewer system today...now I have dirt holes in my front yard and an empty mailbox...hmm...maybe I'll fill my mailbox with dirt inside to make it seem "full of mail"...)

Stay tuned for more updates......

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Immigrant2009,

Glad you like reading my posts and find them entertaining... :blush: You're welcome about starting fun threads here on VJ, as it sure does help in taking the stress off of this issue by seeing the humour in our similar immigration situations. After all, "why cry, when you can laugh about it"...:jest:

It sure has helped me, to have this "VJ posting messages immigration therapy"...Hope that reading and posting on VJ helps you in the same way too... :thumbs:

Oh yeah, it's not fun having to go through 2x (and more) stress for me either. On the other hand, one is a good stress (the Baby) and the other one is a bad stress (immigration), so in ways they kind of "balance each other out". It's just more harder to "balance both and more" at the same time....sigh.....

I agree, we all can understand about being "obsessed" about checking the mail, for our "magic USCIS ticket". Heck, I think at this point, the mailperson must think I'm some :wacko: person or something for doing such. Regardless, one can't help but do such, as apparently that's the only way to check for such important matters.

Sigh, I used to enjoy checking the mail...and now because of all of this...it's more of a cumbersome and obsessive chore.. :unsure: Lol...anyone want to sign up for MCA (mail checkers anonymous) with me?

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too. And likewise, hope that you will hear good news in the mail from the USCIS soon too.

I like reading and posting to VJ and especially love post from AntandD and jasminelily. They are fun to read :) . AntandD,

Thanks for starting another fun thread. I can understand and can imagine what you must be going through as you have 2x the stress we all have. Plus we all somewhat more obsessed in checking mail than we were before.

You us and others VJer best of luck in their visa journey. Hang in there you will hear good news soon :) . :thumbs:

Hi Ant,

Yes reading and posting on VJ helps me too. I have added you as a friend. Please add me if you would like.

That MCA (mail checkers anonymous) part was funny :D. My sixth sense tells me your approval is gonna come soon. I keeping my fingers crossed especially for you :).

All the best to you and to your family. :).

Speaking of which, anyone else have any other "entertaining waiting stories" to share too?

Now USCIS seems to like this crazy requirement about JOINT NAME EVERYTHING, including utilities bills. As I have posted on other threads before, I believe utilities bills are the weakest evidence ever but USCIS seems to put a heavy weight of insisting to have those. I put "my name and Matt Damon" on the electricity and cable TV bills. The utilities providers don't care what's the name as long as someone is paying the bill, I practically can have whatever name I want to be on there. I really hope USCIS understands that simple point.

It's only a joke everyone, I didn't actually do that, well...... I think I put "my name and Orlando Bloom". Hubby said he wants to put "his name and Jessica Alba". :whistle: I said fair enough. :innocent:

I like reading and posting to VJ and especially love post from AntandD and jasminelily. They are fun to read :).

jasminelily, The above post was very funny and entertaining :). I agree with what you said, but after dealing with Government document for a while, i have came to this conclusion that, it doesn't matter if their requirement is foolish they want you to comply with it period. If you try to tell them it's useless. :crying:

So i think we have to comply with JOINT NAME EVERYTHING requirement to get ourselves through this painful ordeal.

You us and others VJer best of luck in their visa journey. Hang in there you will hear good news soon :). :thumbs:

Thanks for the nice comments! We should all have some fun while this stress continue to drag along. Like me, it's been two and a half months, still no update since biometrics. If I would have been at CSC, must have got the 10 yr GC in hand already, seems like either we all need move under CSC jurisdiction's states or the luck is worse than winning the mega million. But hey! If this is the country that we're moving to and if that's the way the government works, seems like we just have to suck it up and hopefully we can change the situation along the way; make this country a better place. May be write to newspaper, may be become elected officials, etc. I'm ready for USCIS next update on processing times. Perhaps also ready to start another round of theory to keep everyone's hopes up! :star:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Hi Immigrant2009,

Glad that reading and posting helps you as well...:)

Thanks too for adding me to your list, and likewise, I'll add you to my list too.

By the way, if anyone else wants to add me to their list, feel free to do so too.

Hope your "sixth sense" is right there, in me getting approved soon.

Lol...my "sixth sense" says that I see "dead I-751 files"... :blink: I guess my senses are a bit off there...

All the best to you and your family too. Good luck and fingers crossed to everyone on your immigration cases too.

Hi Ant,

Yes reading and posting on VJ helps me too. I have added you as a friend. Please add me if you would like.

That MCA (mail checkers anonymous) part was funny :D . My sixth sense tells me your approval is gonna come soon. I keeping my fingers crossed especially for you :) .

All the best to you and to your family. :) .

Hi Jasminelily,

I agree, we should all have some fun and unstress while we still keep on waiting....

Eventually, I think that the VSC will stop doing I-751 cases, as the CSC seems more able to get the job done there. But until that happens, all we have to do is wait and just "suck it in" from both service centers. Yes, I think in some way or other, we can make a difference, whether it is through the media, elected officials, posting here on VJ, etc. We deserve to make our country better this way, by making them more aware of this important issue. And hopefully, one day, the USCIS will "update" their system overall for the better!

Hmmmm...good idea, why not start another round of "alien theories" soon? Anyone want to start by suggest some more theories on VJ?

Thanks for the nice comments! We should all have some fun while this stress continue to drag along. Like me, it's been two and a half months, still no update since biometrics. If I would have been at CSC, must have got the 10 yr GC in hand already, seems like either we all need move under CSC jurisdiction's states or the luck is worse than winning the mega million. But hey! If this is the country that we're moving to and if that's the way the government works, seems like we just have to suck it up and hopefully we can change the situation along the way; make this country a better place. May be write to newspaper, may be become elected officials, etc. I'm ready for USCIS next update on processing times. Perhaps also ready to start another round of theory to keep everyone's hopes up! :star:
Edited by AntandD

More Updates...

Wednesday April 15th

In-person post office check: None (due to construction on front of the house, and unable to get our vehicle out of here)

USPS Mail, 4:00pm: Baby diaper coupons, Letter from lawyer (for our new land purchase), Junk mail

Edited by AntandD

More Updates...

Thursday April 16th

In-person post office check: None (due to construction on front of the house, and unable to get our vehicle out of here)

USPS Mail, 2:00pm (odd, the mail was delivered earlier today): Solicitation from auto insurance company, Solicitation from non-profit organization for fundraising events

Edited by AntandD

More Updates...

Friday April 17th

USPS Mail, 4:00pm: Church flyer, Bank statement, Credit card limit increase letter, Reciept for traffic ticket for D

More Updates...

Saturday April 18th, 2009

In-person post office check: None (woke up late, too tired to check)

USPS Mail, 10:00pm (went out all day and night): But....I got the following in the mail....from Vermont (postmarked 04/16/2009)

I-797C, Notice of Action

Department of Homeland Security US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence

Ant's Name and Address

File Number: (9 digit alien number)

Date of Decision: 04/15/2009

New Classification Symbol: IR6

Admission Date: 11/14/2006

Congratulations! Your request for the removal of conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You should receive a Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551 (green cared), within 60 days. Your card will include a mailer, Form I-797D, with important information about your status, responsibilties, and permanent resident services available to you.

Please call customer service at 1-800-373-5283 if you experience the following issue/s: (have your alien number shown above avaliable)

-If any of the information shown about you is incorrect

-If you move before receiving your card

-If you do not receive your card within the next 60 days

-If you have questions refarding permanent resident services available to you

USCIS Office:

Department of Homeland Security US Citizenship and Immigration Services

130 Delaware Ave

201 Int., 100 Other

Buffalo NY 14202

Sincerely,

Daniel M Renaud (signed in a copy signature stamp/print)

Center Director

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Ant's I-751 is Approved!!! After exactly 8 months (applied on 8/18/2008) of waiting at the VSC and the CSC!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

(And waiting while 6 months high-risk pregnant too!!!)

Stay tuned for more updates..(I'll also write a detailed account of the day too, in another separate VJ I-751 message thread)

Oh how things come when you least expect them to! :thumbs:

Ant (Finished waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Edited by AntandD

Hello Ant,

Congratulations! Looks like your expert pushed things through for you. Glad to hear that you're finally approved! I'm still waiting here, but I've faith. (F) Now you can relax and wait for the cutest little thing to arrive. :star: Your baby, is a boy or girl?

jasminelily

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats Ant!! now do you really think your expert had something to do w it??? I wonder if its true or not,you spoke to him on the 15th and you got an email on the 16th? maybe your stuff ws already done, anyhow Congrats.

''No tomo te, tomo cafe mi amor,yo como arepa y pabellon, con mi zunbao machuco el English when I talk,Im a VENEZUELAN in New York''

(King Chango)

Congrats Ant!! now do you really think your expert had something to do w it??? I wonder if its true or not,you spoke to him on the 15th and you got an email on the 16th? maybe your stuff ws already done, anyhow Congrats.

Congratulations Ant.I will be contacting my Congressman an dfiling out the forms.If your request expedited your approval.I hope mine does as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! Hubby and I are very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

Now... what am I going to read every day? haha

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Again, congrats on your approval. Now what are you going to do with all your free time now that you don't have to check your mail or worry about it everyday? Of course, once the baby arrives, you will lose that free time but it is worth it.

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.