quakebars

United States Portal Service

16 posts in this topic

So, my lazy fiance finally sent the stuff (proofs, forms, affidavit etc...) that i need from him for my interview on the 20th. YEP, the 20th! It is already April 9th, he said USPS guaranteed a delivery date of April 13 5pm the latest.

Are they really accurate with their guaranteed delivery? Anyone had experience on this?

should I start freaking out or maybe call USEM to reschedule? (dammit, my tix to manila are non-refundable, non-rebookable!)

AOS & EAD

03-02-2010 Mailed package

03-04-2010 Package received

03-10-2010 Text alert

03-11-2010 Touched

03-15-2010 NOA1 hardcopies

03-19-2010 Received Biometrics appointment letter

03-22-2010 RFE

03-30-2010 Biometrics done

04-15-2010 RFE compliance received at Lee Summit

04-20-2010 Touched

04-23-2010 Case transferred to CSC

04-26-2010 Touched

04-30-2010 Touched

05-01-2010 Touched Case received at CSC

05-03-2010 Touched (no touch on EAD since 3-31-2010)

05-13-2010 EAD Approved

06-01-2010 EAD Card Received

06-07-2010 AOS Approved & Card Production

06-08-2010 Touch

06-14-2010 Welcome letter received

06-18-2010 3rd Text and Email GC Sent

06-21-2010 GreenCard Received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So, my lazy fiance finally sent the stuff (proofs, forms, affidavit etc...) that i need from him for my interview on the 20th. YEP, the 20th! It is already April 9th, he said USPS guaranteed a delivery date of April 13 5pm the latest.

Are they really accurate with their guaranteed delivery? Anyone had experience on this?

should I start freaking out or maybe call USEM to reschedule? (dammit, my tix to manila are non-refundable, non-rebookable!)

USEING YOURE FIANCES RECIEPT U SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRACK ITS PROGRESS ONLINE,,TELL HIM TO CHECK IT OUT ONLINE GOOD LUCK!!!!

here's the thing, USPS is not the issue. its the phil post... they're hit and miss... yes i got a letter before in w/ in a week using global express... but most of the time is either 2 weeks or a month or even 2... i really hope phil post will deliver it asap... esp if you're in the manila area... then its probably faster

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Good GOD, I am from Mindanao! I guess this will require a lot of prayers. Thank you for the answers.

AOS & EAD

03-02-2010 Mailed package

03-04-2010 Package received

03-10-2010 Text alert

03-11-2010 Touched

03-15-2010 NOA1 hardcopies

03-19-2010 Received Biometrics appointment letter

03-22-2010 RFE

03-30-2010 Biometrics done

04-15-2010 RFE compliance received at Lee Summit

04-20-2010 Touched

04-23-2010 Case transferred to CSC

04-26-2010 Touched

04-30-2010 Touched

05-01-2010 Touched Case received at CSC

05-03-2010 Touched (no touch on EAD since 3-31-2010)

05-13-2010 EAD Approved

06-01-2010 EAD Card Received

06-07-2010 AOS Approved & Card Production

06-08-2010 Touch

06-14-2010 Welcome letter received

06-18-2010 3rd Text and Email GC Sent

06-21-2010 GreenCard Received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

here's the thing, USPS is not the issue. its the phil post... they're hit and miss... yes i got a letter before in w/ in a week using global express... but most of the time is either 2 weeks or a month or even 2... i really hope phil post will deliver it asap... esp if you're in the manila area... then its probably faster

so very true! it's the phil post that could cause problems. usps is nearly 100% accurate since they use hi-tech machines to sort out the mail. in the phils... oh they could take forever sometimes.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

for your own sanity... stop being a NERVOUSWRECK!

1st, if USPS guarantee it, there is a big chance that it is covered by insurance. If it did not arrive on time, its a money back guarantee

2nd, you are in K1, you could re-schedule your interview.

You are worrying something not worth worrying.

Sis, I'm really tempted to make you more NERVOUS!!! :devil:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Good GOD, I am from Mindanao! I guess this will require a lot of prayers. Thank you for the answers.

wow! that's a bit far then...

but! dont worry, a month ago i sent a letter for my mom using global express international envelop... and it just took 9 working days (not bad)... prior to that i sent a package and it took 1 and a half month... so they're not so accurate there... im from Cagayan de oro so i guess it depends how long they hold the letters in manila... Good luck and God bless!!! im hoping it will be there soon!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

My wife is from outside of CDO so it took a couple of weeks even for Express mail to reach her. I found out that once the mail is taken off the plane in Manila, it is no longer under the USPS control.

So for any hope of guaranteed service use one of the global companies like DHL, UPS, or FedEx.

Even if you have a tracking number the last thing it will show is the package leaving the US.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did your fiance send you the docs, what shipping method did he use in USPS? Global Express, Express Mail are the only ones we trusted. We tried Priority Mail and the letter arrived after a month (it did leave US pretty quickly but when it got in the Philippines, that was when our problems started).

USPS is reliable, but your country's post office is not, sad to say. We have had bad experiences with Philippine Post Office. I would not recommend it to anyone because of our bad experience. Saving a few dollars is not worth the risk if you want to ship quickly and reliably, it ain't worth the headache.

Edited by pnrmbr975

I agree with you :thumbs: RONMAY,its the phil post...My fiance sent that STATEMENT asked by the consul using USPS and will be here in philippines on monday,i am praying for it..

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh god, he sent your Doc's through regular mail? I have sent lots of things to Mindanao through USPS and I get anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks delivery time. Valentines day card was almost 2 weeks late and I sent it 3 weeks early on Jan 21.

FedEx: there in 3 or 5 days and it is guaranteed Documents are about $95. or $98.

UPS: does not deliver to many Providences, my Abby's area of Mindanao included

DHL: about $10 more expensive than FedEx and difficult to find a location that accepts a package after 4 in the afternoon (for me)

Philippines Post office:No guarantee it will arrive at all, if the employees determine that there is no money in the envelope they might close it and then deliver it. If there is money in the envelope, It usually wont make it there from what I have read here.

Sorry to say this but if your SO has another copy, send it as quick as possible by FedEx or DHL

Working on AOS

I had the same problem with a 6 day USPS Express packet. After several weeks of waiting and my wife making several trips to the post office, I contacted the Phil customs office. A few days later it appeared. The postman told her it was sent reguular mail.

I guess the postman couldn't read large red letters written in English.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I have used Fed Ex 3-day Express delivery three different times to send packages from Seattle, Washington to Bacolod, Negros Occidental. The packages always arrived in my fiancée's hands on the third day. The cost has ranged from $40 (for a few documents) to $140 (our entire K-1 packet for my fiancée's interview).

It is my understanding that the quickest delivery by the USPS (I forgot what they call this type of delivery), is delivered to Manila by the USPS. Then it is delivered to the provinces by Fed Ex or DHL. This method of delivery sounds like it would be quick and reliable.

Any other method of delivery by the USPS will be sent by USPS only as far as Manila, then it will be delivered to it's final destination by the Philippine Post Office. As has been noted in previous posts, and has been my experience as well, the Philippine Post Office is slow and unreliable. I would never send anything important in this manner.

~ Tahoma

hi,

my asawa sent his documents in usps and i got it just 5 days or a week i guess and i received it in philippine post office but its ems...express mail service...i am from davao...just like you from mindanao...so nothing to worry about just wait it will come before your interview ok.

God bless you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.