MARM

Time frame for legally staying in the United Kingdom

282 posts in this topic

Marm, please please PLEASE don't panic. Like I said in the AOS thread, I've heard of lots of AP cases where they call DOS and they're told it's still pending/processing -- it's just the term they use. And, like JeremyR said, it's likely they haven't updated the system or have given the information to DOS to log.

It'll be okay, I promise! Don't panic!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marm, please please PLEASE don't panic. Like I said in the AOS thread, I've heard of lots of AP cases where they call DOS and they're told it's still pending/processing -- it's just the term they use. And, like JeremyR said, it's likely they haven't updated the system or have given the information to DOS to log.

It'll be okay, I promise! Don't panic!

Magpie.

Thanks so much Magpie :luv:

I was just so happy for a few hours until I called again and then it felt like the world was crashing down on me...I really hope it is true that his visa has been issued. I am trying hard not to panic, hanging in there until tomorrow now...hoping he gets the text from DX saying its on its way.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Oh I missed the roller coaster ride while I was out of town. MARM so happy for you, then so sad. Give it another day. I think there could be a mix up in that it hasn't been "printed" so don't give up your excitement yet. If they approve, then it takes a day or two to print. It could all be about semantics here. Let's hope it's happening and SOON!

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Unfortunately, my fiance is still in AP. I called DOS again today and got told that he is in AP by two different reps. I don't understand why that lying DOS rep told me he is out of AP, and she didn't just say oh the visa is issued, she gave a 2 minute congrats speech with it. I wish I could do something about her, but unfortunately I didn't catch her name.

Still in AP :(

Couldn't get any worse.

Oh MARM, I am so so sorry this is happening to you.

I'm still hoping that it's just a glitch in the system and that the visa will show up.

Please have hope, you and your fiance will make it out..

Thanks Gemmie,

We called the stupidly expensive extortion line and have emailed the embassy asking them what is going on. I called DOS again today and the lady said that the embassy requested some form from my fiance on Sept 15, 09. But she wouldn't tell me what form...so we decided to email the embassy to find out from them what is going on, and if they requested a form, why they didn't contact my fiance....

:( Keep hanging in there. You WILL get your visa, it's just that you're getting all kinds of misinformation left, right and centre. I waited a good two weeks until I had mine in hand, and that was from the day I got the letter saying I was approved. I was so scared I wasn't going to get it at all.

:: Hugs ::

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Speechless...

Don't know what to say, sorry... :(

Magpie is right though, you've got to keep you head up. One way or another, you'll be together one day... :)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Magpie, JeremyR:

Thanks so much for the support. We are keeping our heads up as well as we can, it has been an uphill battle since we filed the I-129F, but we have made it so far, and we will make it to the end one way or another.

I don't understand what form they would need at this point (?!)

Here's hoping you hear back ASAP. :(

I don't understand either. The DOS rep said something about a DS-157, I thought I heard her wrong, but we will see what the embassy tells us (tomorrow hopefully). We already sent in the DS-157 back in February before my fiance's interview took place, and long before it was scheduled. So maybe they lost it? I don't know. Hopefully it is something quick and easy and that they issue the visa right after they get the form or whatever it is they need! Will write an update as soon as I know.

I don't understand how they could have lost the DS-157 but at least it's a simple form so if it is that, it can be dealt with and returned nice and quickly

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

MARM - have you thought about getting a good immigration lawyer involved in your case? I know there is a perception on VJ that it doesn't help, but in my experience they can help when in comes to administrative snafus, if that is what has happened here (and it sounds like maybe it has).

90day.jpg

MARM - have you thought about getting a good immigration lawyer involved in your case? I know there is a perception on VJ that it doesn't help, but in my experience they can help when in comes to administrative snafus, if that is what has happened here (and it sounds like maybe it has).

Yes, we have thought about it, but it is overwhelming when I research to look for one that is actually worth the money. If you could suggest one or knows anyone who could suggest one, let me know.

We found out today that the embassy is requesting a new DS-157 from my fiance. What could be the reason? After 4 months and 6 days of AP, why would they want a new DS-157? Maybe they lost the first one we sent?!? And why the DS-157? They want updated info? I know the form has not changed since we sent one back in Feb 09. Anyone have any ideas?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.