bobbyboy23

Question - Need some help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey all. As much as I'd like to think that I've gotten to be a pro and learned all I can learn about this whole Visa process...I am not and have not. Although, I've learned a lot more than I thought, especially after reading VisaJourney posts for hours on end. Anyway...

I need some help from people who are a lot more familiar with the process than I am. I have filed for the K1. Currently, I am waiting for the NOA2. My question is this: What in the heck is the Packet 3? What goes in to it? Is it something she has to prepare and send to the Consulate? Sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find too much info on what the "Packet 3" and "Packet 4" are and how they fit in to the process.

Here is why I ask:

I will be visiting my fiancee at the end of the month. She will then be coming to the US to visit me for a little while. If, and I do mean IF, we happen to get our NOA2 and the case sent to the NVC and all is good while she is here, is there any way to keep the process going while she is in the States? Obviously, she will be going back and she will schedule her medical and interview and all that (just in case there are doubters out there who think she is coming to stay permanently). But, from what I can understand, after receiving the NOA2, there is some sort of packet or documents or something mailed out to the beneficiary in their home country that they have to fill out. If we have to wait until she returns to her country to then review/complete the necessary docs and send them back out, we will be losing quite some time. Is this how the process generally works, though? And, if this is the case, can we have her family mail the packet to us in the States and she can complete them here?

Ideally, if we did get our NOA2 while she is here in the US, we'd like to continue the process and eventually get to a point where she can schedule her medical and interview for just after she returns home...so that she wouldn't have to spend that long back in her home country.

Hopefully, this all makes some sort of sense. Again, I apologize for not being very familiar with the process, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care.

Rob

My Timeline:

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Packet 3 and 4 are sent out from the consulate to the beneficiary, P3 is instruction packet, P4 is the invitation packet.

The process wont stop while your fiancee is visiting, depending on consulate, they send out P3 and simply wait for the required check list and other requested forms to be returned before they will continue on to P4 stage.

Moving this to consulate embassy forum, P3/P4 is consulate discussion.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey all. As much as I'd like to think that I've gotten to be a pro and learned all I can learn about this whole Visa process...I am not and have not. Although, I've learned a lot more than I thought, especially after reading VisaJourney posts for hours on end. Anyway...

I need some help from people who are a lot more familiar with the process than I am. I have filed for the K1. Oh no you have not Currently, I am waiting for the NOA2. My question is this: What in the heck is the Packet 3? received from the consulate after PETITION approval What goes in to it? Is it something she has to prepare and send to the Consulate? Sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find too much info on what the "Packet 3" and "Packet 4" are and how they fit in to the process. Learn the consulate process

Here is why I ask:

I will be visiting my fiancee at the end of the month. She will then be coming to the US to visit me for a little while. If, and I do mean IF, we happen to get our NOA2 and the case sent to the NVC and all is good while she is here, is there any way to keep the process going while she is in the States? Obviously, she will be going back and she will schedule her medical and interview and all that (just in case there are doubters out there who think she is coming to stay permanently). But, from what I can understand, after receiving the NOA2, there is some sort of packet or documents or something mailed out to the beneficiary in their home country that they have to fill out. If we have to wait until she returns to her country to then review/complete the necessary docs and send them back out, we will be losing quite some time. Is this how the process generally works, though? And, if this is the case, can we have her family mail the packet to us in the States and she can complete them here? Learn your consulate process.. each consulate processes differently

Ideally, if we did get our NOA2 while she is here in the US, we'd like to continue the process and eventually get to a point where she can schedule her medical and interview for just after she returns home...so that she wouldn't have to spend that long back in her home country.

Hopefully, this all makes some sort of sense. Again, I apologize for not being very familiar with the process, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care.

Rob

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I need some help from people who are a lot more familiar with the process than I am. I have filed for the K1. Currently, I am waiting for the NOA2. My question is this: What in the heck is the Packet 3? What goes in to it? Is it something she has to prepare and send to the Consulate? Sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find too much info on what the "Packet 3" and "Packet 4" are and how they fit in to the process.

Here is why I ask:

I will be visiting my fiancee at the end of the month. She will then be coming to the US to visit me for a little while. If, and I do mean IF, we happen to get our NOA2 and the case sent to the NVC and all is good while she is here, is there any way to keep the process going while she is in the States? Obviously, she will be going back and she will schedule her medical and interview and all that (just in case there are doubters out there who think she is coming to stay permanently). But, from what I can understand, after receiving the NOA2, there is some sort of packet or documents or something mailed out to the beneficiary in their home country that they have to fill out. If we have to wait until she returns to her country to then review/complete the necessary docs and send them back out, we will be losing quite some time. Is this how the process generally works, though? And, if this is the case, can we have her family mail the packet to us in the States and she can complete them here?

Rob

Yu and Dan is (are) correct as to the contents. In most consulates you can download packet 3 and have all the forms you need and instructions. There will be more documents to collect, copy, translate so you can get a jump on it. Consulates handle the document collection and interview process differently. Packet 3 will tell you how.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are in the right place for learning, I can't read the forums here for very long and not learn something new, and the process continues, it will be part of your life for a long time. I have no intention of stopping to read and learn. You are bringing a foreign person here to live with you and they will depend on YOU to know these things and do everything correctly, for the visa and for the rest of their life. Your questions tell me you have much more to learn and the consulate issues, the stage you will be at soon, are very important. Study the threads relating to I-134s and visa applications (so far you haven't applied for a visa yet). Also read and study the threads in your regional forum where people will discuss things specific to your consulate and here it something that works for me...When you sign in to VJ, go straight to the "portals". It will take you to the South Korea portal (in your case) which will show ALL posts in ANY forum regarding people with South Korean spouses/finacees. It is the best and quickest way to learn about the specific things you will face.

If you wish to be successful in your plan, you need to know and collect the documents she will need for the interview NOW. Yes, she can stay here (provided she has proper authority) until the time of the interview, but it will do you no good if you find out she needs that former marriage certificate...and it AIN'T HERE! It needs to be translated also, so don't think you will go home the day before the interview and whip out and be ready. You need to learn fast. :)))

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.