JoBri

huh?

26 posts in this topic

she doesnt want to give up ehr job...will take one year leave of absense instead. Wonders about all the people who want to come to USA but cant, yet she has to do nothing to get ehre... and? "I guess that is God's way".... hmmm. Doesnt want to start over. Cant understand why she accomplished so much in life so young only to have to give it all up. Waits until 25 days before coming here to tell me she made a promise to the nieces of the brother "she doesnt talk with" because he squandered ehr money she sent) yet made a promise to them to put them through school and college... yet we dont hardly have enough income for ourselves, and I am having to put off school for that now myself... I dont understand so much... I feel very stupid and gullible.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you will be able to resolve this issue with your wife before she travels to the US. Explain to her clearly your current financial status and maybe both of you can agree on a certain amount, one that will fit your budget, to send to her family monthly. I suggest that she should talk to her family in Philippines too and make them understand that it will take some time for her to get a job in the US for her to support them.

~Chinook

Sounds like a ploy to play you for money.

Like she is trying to negotiate her coming to USA, for you sending money to PI

Not Cool in my books

Way Way too late into the Visa Process to be bringing up subject like this

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Not Cool in my books

Don't want to break your heart here Brian, but I sorta agree with tallcoolone... for once.

You should try and clear things up before she gets to the US, otherwise things are going to get ugly.

Not Cool in my books

Ditto.....

Not Cool in my books

Don't want to break your heart here Brian, but I sorta agree with tallcoolone... for once.

You should try and clear things up before she gets to the US, otherwise things are going to get ugly.

These things should have been dicussed long ago Brian. I hope you two can work this out!

Edited by DARUMA07

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with all the comments of fellow VJ members on this topic.

She clearly reminds me of my wife when she left PI.

She's working as a nurse right after she passed her exam. And she needs to give it all up just to be with me here in the US.

Better communicate with her about your recent situation. Your wife will be jobless before she gets her EAD permit once the AOS papers are being sent out. And when it's filing AOS, it means a lot of money, dude.

Sending money to your wife's family at PI is a common thing for Pinoys. Though, both of you need to clear this out since you're not making that much to do that.

Good Luck to you, bro..

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

A wife should understand that when she gets married, their husband married only her, NOT the whole family. So this means the husband's responsibility is ONLY her... And once you agreed to be married to your husband, your responsibility is now your husband. If you wanna help your family back in Pinas, that'd be really kind of you but there shouldn't be any negotiation whether you're going ONLY if he sends money to your family.. That's really sick :angry: .. And we shouldn't make our husband feel that helping our family is part of their responsibility or else it's gonna turn out to be a burden. Most husbands are always willing to help their wife's family which we Pinays should be thankful for. Let's not take advantage of that willingness to help. Our family in Pinas should also understand that marrying an American doesnt mean "lots of money".. We know for a fact that our husbands been working so hard to support us and to try to get us to the US. We got married because we want to settle down and start our own family. I'm not saying don't help, just know your limitations.. It's ok to help but the priority should always be the family that you started with husband. :star:

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

I agree with tallcoolone, raeka and the others. You mentioned that your wife has accomplished much in her young age already and probably have a hard time giving them all up. Well, she should have thought about that earlier. If she really loves you, it would be easy for her to leave her job and whatever position, name or prestige that come along with it.

If her concern is really to help her relatives, well, she should have made a choice, too, before marrying you. I have a female cousin who took the responsibility of raising her nieces when their father died and their mother went into drugs. She had a boyfriend who was wiling to marry her. She discussed this with her BF before she accepted her proposal. Having not enough for themselves, much more for her nieces, she decided to decline his proposal. She is still raising her nieces right now. She has resolved to herself not to marry so she could take care of them. This is an example of choosing your priority. My cousin may have not decided correctly, but at least, she has made her priorities. She wanted to take care of her relatives but did not want to drag her future husband whom she loves with this responsibility.

Since your wife married you, her priority must above all be the two of you. I'm sorry to say this, but she is not being fair with you. She should have discussed this with you earlier on before the visa process so that you may have had a choice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
A wife should understand that when she gets married, their husband married only her, NOT the whole family. So this means the husband's responsibility is ONLY her... And once you agreed to be married to your husband, your responsibility is now your husband. If you wanna help your family back in Pinas, that'd be really kind of you but there shouldn't be any negotiation whether you're going ONLY if he sends money to your family.. That's really sick :angry: .. And we shouldn't make our husband feel that helping our family is part of their responsibility or else it's gonna turn out to be a burden. Most husbands are always willing to help their wife's family which we Pinays should be thankful for. Let's not take advantage of that willingness to help. Our family in Pinas should also understand that marrying an American doesnt mean "lots of money".. We know for a fact that our husbands been working so hard to support us and to try to get us to the US. We got married because we want to settle down and start our own family. I'm not saying don't help, just know your limitations.. It's ok to help but the priority should always be the family that you started with husband. :star:

Very well said :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Hi to all want to share something, I'm a wife of american citizen and soon living here to reunite my husband in america. I accept I'm helping my parents now that I'm still here in Philippines my husband told me we cant help them every now and then when I come there maybe just if there's emergency and I understand that. I talked to my family and open them about that, yes I'm dying to help them but dont want them to be the reason of our misunderstanding. So to let them understand I print out the post topic of somebody from visajourney intitled BUHAY AMERICA then I let somebody in my place read aloud for them to hear and know the reality of life there. I love my husband so much and dont want to give him hard time helping my family they are not his responsibility..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry Brian for what you been through. You need to talk to each other about all things. I guess your wife missed to tell you all her expectations. It's okay to help your relatives but being married the first priority is the husband. Why would you help other people if you yourselves can't even take care of it financially? I don't understand your wife right now. I am confused of her reactions towards you.Good luck and hope it all works out the next time you will post here.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry Brian for what you been through. You need to talk to each other about all things. I guess your wife missed to tell you all her expectations. It's okay to help your relatives but being married the first priority is the husband. Why would you help other people if you yourselves can't even take care of it financially? I don't understand your wife right now. I am confused of her reactions towards you.Good luck and hope it all works out the next time you will post here.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.