frndly1

221g Review Time

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know roughly how long a 221g review can take in Morocco? If one get a 221g can they get another?

Edited by frndly1

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know roughly how long a 221g review can take in Morocco? If one get a 221g can they get another?

Kathy,

I think it is possible that you could still receive a 221(g) for Administrative Review. They probably would not start AR until they felt they could approve your visa. In your case, they needed they wanted the documents they listed in the first 221(g) Since your fiance has handed in those papers, they may have already started the AR and he just didn't get another paper (especially if he turned them in at the window rather than meeting with the CO again).

You could call and find out if they are working on his AR by calling 202-663-1225 Push 1,1,4,1,0

I really hope you hear something soon!!

Rebecca

Timeline

Thank you so verymuch Rebecca.

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Timeline

Police report and more communication. i sent him our im convos from 04, letters (but only to discover there is no date on them) and phone bills.

Edited by frndly1

08-29-05 Filed I129F

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Timeline

Hello Kathy

I am Zenobia, I have the same situation is you with the consulate of Morocco. Did you call to that 202 telephone number? If so can you tell me it is worth to make an intent to call? Have you talk to any one at he consulate in Morocco? We can help each other. My fiance saw your fiance at the consulate January 9. 2006. They had the interview at the same day. My fiance doesn't have a case # or anything like that, only the 221 (g) for the korean police records. Any suggestions? I am getting ideas to do something. What exactly means AR? People talk in these abbreviations and I reallly don't know what they mean.

Thank you,

Zenobia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello Kathy

I am Zenobia, I have the same situation is you with the consulate of Morocco. Did you call to that 202 telephone number? If so can you tell me it is worth to make an intent to call? Have you talk to any one at he consulate in Morocco? We can help each other. My fiance saw your fiance at the consulate January 9. 2006. They had the interview at the same day. My fiance doesn't have a case # or anything like that, only the 221 (g) for the korean police records. Any suggestions? I am getting ideas to do something. What exactly means AR? People talk in these abbreviations and I reallly don't know what they mean.

Thank you,

Zenobia

Zenobia.

AR means Administrative Review...this is processing for extra security checks so they can issue a visa.

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you find out anything about how long the process is could you please pass it to me... I have a question for you.... I was under the impression that if they kept your passport their attentiond were most likeley to approve the visa... My husband had an interview today in Casablanca and the CO told im he was not telling the truth.. He gave her e-mails, pictures, some old phone bills. But when she asked why he wanted to come to the United States he told her to be with my wife, and i also have cousins there and would like to see them.. She told him he was not telling the truth. She told him they have to review the information, and gave him his passpot back... They would call him when they are finished and gave him a 221-g She didn't give him any more information than that.. Can you tell me about your experence with your interview... Thanks very much.... Any Information would be greatle apperciated....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
If you find out anything about how long the process is could you please pass it to me... I have a question for you.... I was under the impression that if they kept your passport their attentiond were most likeley to approve the visa... My husband had an interview today in Casablanca and the CO told im he was not telling the truth.. He gave her e-mails, pictures, some old phone bills. But when she asked why he wanted to come to the United States he told her to be with my wife, and i also have cousins there and would like to see them.. She told him he was not telling the truth. She told him they have to review the information, and gave him his passpot back... They would call him when they are finished and gave him a 221-g She didn't give him any more information than that.. Can you tell me about your experence with your interview... Thanks very much.... Any Information would be greatle apperciated....

First tell us what it says on the 221g. Each one is different.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Right, you need to say what was checked on the 221(g). It is like a form letter but there are several different options on it and each has a different meaning. It is important to know exactly what was checked and if anything was typed underneath- it could simply be Administrative Review, which is routine, or it could be something as serious as having your file returned to the USCIS.

Rebecca

Timeline

Right, you need to say what was checked on the 221(g). It is like a form letter but there are several different options on it and each has a different meaning. It is important to know exactly what was checked and if anything was typed underneath- it could simply be Administrative Review, which is routine, or it could be something as serious as having your file returned to the USCIS.

Rebecca

Jackie, welcome to the ME/NA forum, I'm sorry your interview ended the way it did. Are you just waiting on the security check or are they sending your application back to the US? It sounds like Casa's been in a bad mood recently....

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline
Jackie, welcome to the ME/NA forum, I'm sorry your interview ended the way it did. Are you just waiting on the security check or are they sending your application back to the US? It sounds like Casa's been in a bad mood recently....

Sharon

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. Im not sure what they have done with the application. They told him that this was normal, they would contact him. From the way things have gone for a lot of people I really don't expect any exciting news from them, but there is always hope.. The paper they gave him is marked with an x on.... Section 211 g which prohibits the issurance of a visa to anyone whose applicationdoes not comply with the provissions of the Immigratiom and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case. Your application required administrative processing. We will contact you when the process is complete. They did not tell him of any information he needed to bring back, so I wonder what they are exactly processing if anything....

Sharon

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. Im not sure what they have done with the application. They told him that this was normal, they would contact him. From the way things have gone for a lot of people I really don't expect any exciting news from them, but there is always hope.. The paper they gave him is marked with an x on.... Section 211 g which prohibits the issurance of a visa to anyone whose applicationdoes not comply with the provissions of the Immigratiom and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case. Your application required administrative processing. We will contact you when the process is complete. They did not tell him of any information he needed to bring back, so I wonder what they are exactly processing if anything....

This is normal They are doing a background check on your fiance. You will get a call once it is finished and they will issue his visa (unless they find something on him). Now you just have to wait. The times from administrative processing vary from a few days to about 6 weeks for Morocco.

Congratulations, he will be with you soon.

Rebecca

Timeline

Hi Sharon... I had contacted contacted congress to find out what had happened... I did recieve a letter today stating.... Acording to the consulate, my husbands visa was temporarily refused. I am told that once the immigration Visa Unit has varifiedthat my husband visa has completed processing, he will be notified... They would contact me if they recieve any other information. I also called the U.S. immigration office and they say the same thing.... So, Im sure the information is true.... There is no time line on the processing... They say anywhere from a few days to a few months..... They say each person is different... So at this point who knows exactly when... So... We will just wait.....

Sharon

Sharon

This is normal They are doing a background check on your fiance. You will get a call once it is finished and they will issue his visa (unless they find something on him). Now you just have to wait. The times from administrative processing vary from a few days to about 6 weeks for Morocco.

Congratulations, he will be with you soon.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca for the great news.... May I ask how do you know it may take any where from a few days to about 6 weeks... Jackie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.