Grahm&Sarah

EMERGENCY PROBLEM! I can't believe this is happening!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

HELP! :crying: I arrived in Russia for my fiancee's interview, we were organizing our paperwork, and I can't find my tax transcripts anywhere. I can't believe this.

Today, I had the IRS FAX my transcripts to a U.S. kinkos-style place thinking they would turn around and fax them to me here. The kinkos-style place now refuses to fax them internationally (and I don't know ANYONE who lives close by who could do it), but will SCAN them to me by email and I can print them out. The only thing that looks different about them is the cover sheet (2 times, 1 in front, 1 in back) and that it has today's date and time on them and page numbers, i.e. pg 4 of 7.

Is this going to be ACCEPTABLE for Sarah's interview? Does anyone know? I don't know why I didn't just have the IRS fax directly here, but 1) I didn't think they would fax internationally and 2) I don't have a fax number here, would have to find someplace.

Is there another solution to this? We don't have enough time to have them mailed to me in the u.s. and then mailed to me here before her interview. Does anyone know if the IRS will fax internationally and/or DIRECTLY to the consulate? Is this even a good idea to fax them that days BEFORE the interview? Can the IRS directly EMAIL the tax transcripts? What are my options?? Any advice in this nightmarish situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Grahm&Sarah

Edited by Grahm&Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
HELP! :crying: I arrived in Russia for my fiancee's interview, we were organizing our paperwork, and I can't find my tax transcripts anywhere. I can't believe this.

Today, I had the IRS FAX my transcripts to a U.S. kinkos-style place thinking they would turn around and fax them to me here. The kinkos-style place now refuses to fax them internationally (and I don't know ANYONE who lives close by who could do it), but will SCAN them to me by email and I can print them out. The only thing that looks different about them is the cover sheet (2 times, 1 in front, 1 in back) and that it has today's date and time on them and page numbers, i.e. pg 4 of 7.

Is this going to be ACCEPTABLE for Sarah's interview? Does anyone know? I don't know why I didn't just have the IRS fax directly here, but 1) I didn't think they would fax internationally and 2) I don't have a fax number here, would have to find someplace.

Is there another solution to this? We don't have enough time to have them mailed to me in the u.s. and then mailed to me here before her interview. Does anyone know if the IRS will fax internationally and/or DIRECTLY to the consulate? Is this even a good idea to fax them that days BEFORE the interview? Can the IRS directly EMAIL the tax transcripts? What are my options?? Any advice in this nightmarish situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Grahm&Sarah

Normally they require only copies so I would think YES, they should be OK as long as they are clear and legible. Make SURE they scan and fax ALL attachments, schedules, w-2s etc. I do not know if the IRS will fax anywhere?

Actually your solution seems pretty good, if some one can email them to you, you should be OK. There isn't any further advice I can give you. If it helps anyone else, I brought two copies of everything, one in carry on, one in checked baggage plus everything including my tax return on a CD, PLUS I had emailed the entire CD contents to my fiancee in Ukraine. One way or another, EVERYTHING was going to be at the interview. I know it doesn't help you but other memebers will read this.

Worst case? Her visa will be approved pending receipt of the IRS documents and then issued. Worst case I doubt you hurt yourself by more than a couple days, I think you will be OK.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

have any of ur freind in US to go to any kinko and have these sheets to be faxed to the location ur freind can go and then ur freind can fax them to u

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you guys think it would be OK to just print out these scans (which like I said look they were faxed to a number in the states on the date I was in Russia) and have her take that in?? The cover sheets show the number it was faxed to, I could omit those, but then they may wonder where those pages are too. I just didn't want it to look suspicious in anyway....Does it?

Grahm&Sarah

Edited by Grahm&Sarah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Do you guys think it would be OK to just print out these scans (which like I said look they were faxed to a number in the states on the date I was in Russia) and have her take that in?? The cover sheets show the number it was faxed to, I could omit those, but then they may wonder where those pages are too. I just didn't want it to look suspicious in anyway....Does it?

Grahm&Sarah

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING U HAVE TO DO NOW SHOW UP AT THE INTERVIEW TIME WITH THE FAXED SHEETS AND IF THEY DONT NOT ACCEPT THEM THEY WILL ISSUE U 221G WHICH MEAN TO SUMMIT THE ORGINAL , IF THEY HAPPEN TO ASK FOR THE ORIGINAL THEN U HAVE TO HAVE UR FAMILY OR FRIND TO SEND THEM TO U AND THEN U CAN SEND THEM TO USE,,MY HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE MY TAX RETURN WITH HIM AT HIS INTERVIEW AND WAS ISSUED 221G TO SEND THE TAX RETURN,,HE SENT THE ORIGNIAL OF MY TAX SCRIPT TWO WEEKS LATER,,HIS AP WAS FOR SOME OTHER REASON NOT CUZ OF THE TAX

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Grahm&Sarah

Doesn't look suspicious to me. You forgot something, you had it scanned and faxed. If they ask I would just tell the truth. It only looks suspicious if you get caught saying something not true. Sh it happens, you just need to be aware you may get a 221g and have to send the original or good copy. I think as long as they are legible, you may be OK. I would feel comfortable with it in Kiev, don't know about Moscow. The consular officer needs to be satisfied your fiancee will not be a public charge. You need to present documents which evidence that. Do you have regular employment? Have you verified that? It would seem to me, and to my knowledge Moscow is not a hard @ss consulate, that current income information plus a legible tax return from 2008 ought to be enough. The tax return is not even a "required" document for an employed individual, it is required only by self employed people. I know it is pretty much universal to give one for the most recent year. They normally accept a "copy", why not a fax copy? If they can read it and have no question it is yours and you make the cut. Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Is there no free fax to mail account you can sign up for in the US? In SA we have loads of absolutly free service providers. It's quick and easy. That way the IRS can fax to your toll free US number and you receive it as an e-mail to print.

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.