44 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, we arrived a half an hour early, and waited about 35 minutes to be called. We were seen by a Laura Bieustik or something similar to that name. She swore us in and right off the bat she informed us that our background checks were not yet completed, therefor she was not going to be able to make a decision today. She explained that once those were complete, she would review our case then make her decision. #######??

She asked my husband basic questions like how did we meet, where did we first meet, how we got engaged, to state his full name and place of birth, where does he work and when and where he arrived in the US. She asked for our recent tax forms, and told me I did not make enough money... ( yet we never got a RFE ) but I told her we did not have enough time to submit the sponsorship part A form filled out by my husband as the household member

( as of just 2 weeks ago I discovered he could include himself as co sponsor/ household member) but we had filled it out and had it on us and she took that. She took our house insurance, my life insurance policy stating my husband is the beneficiary, a copy of our joint bank account statement, my husbands W2 form, and letter from his employer but did not ask us for any photographs. She did not ask any questions about our wedding.

I do not know if this is a sign there will be a second interview or not????????

So, this is what happened and Im pissed. Nothing, and I mean nothing has ever gone smoothly for us since our process began back in 2006.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the fact that your household income was not enough might be a problem, but they might just issue you a RFE for the updated income, just hope thats the only problem...good luck

Timeline

I think the issue is my husband is from the ME. Why schedule an interview knowing the background checks are not complete? Senseless, IMO.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I think the issue is my husband is from the ME. Why schedule an interview knowing the background checks are not complete? Senseless, IMO.

Perhaps there was a last minute hang up with the Background check? So once she gets it, she will make the decision.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

I forgot to include she handed back my husband's AP and EAD card.

kodasmall3.jpg

I forgot to include she handed back my husband's AP and EAD card.

Which is what she should of done, she won't take them till he is approved for the green card most likely.

Hang in there!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Thank you, Bobby U ! I'll do my best. So.....does that usually mean a second interview?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Well, we arrived a half an hour early, and waited about 35 minutes to be called. We were seen by a Laura Bieustik or something similar to that name. She swore us in and right off the bat she informed us that our background checks were not yet completed, therefor she was not going to be able to make a decision today. She explained that once those were complete, she would review our case then make her decision. #######??

She asked my husband basic questions like how did we meet, where did we first meet, how we got engaged, to state his full name and place of birth, where does he work and when and where he arrived in the US. She asked for our recent tax forms, and told me I did not make enough money... ( yet we never got a RFE ) but I told her we did not have enough time to submit the sponsorship part A form filled out by my husband as the household member

( as of just 2 weeks ago I discovered he could include himself as co sponsor/ household member) but we had filled it out and had it on us and she took that. She took our house insurance, my life insurance policy stating my husband is the beneficiary, a copy of our joint bank account statement, my husbands W2 form, and letter from his employer but did not ask us for any photographs. She did not ask any questions about our wedding.

So, this is what happened and Im pissed. Nothing, and I mean nothing has ever gone smoothly for us since our process began back in 2006.

Pardon me, really, and now I am going to catch flak but I do not care. I will speak the truth and see how many people can handle it. Not saying it, will not help you have anything go smoothly in the future, so I will say it, and leave it to others to blow sunshine....Why on earth would you expect anything to go smoothly when you are totally not prepared? You don't know the guidelines for the I-864? You don't know you don't make enough money? This is a surprise? And for the I-864a you didn't have enough time? You had minimum three weeks notice of the interview, correct? You knew you filed for AOS? You dicovered he could include himself 2 weeks ago?

You need now to be preparing a co-sponsor if your combined incomes don't make the cut. None of the other things matter if you cannot show financial support. If you do not read, and study and prepare, nothing will go smoothly, it is a promise. As you have seen, I am not wrong about this

It is absolutely a sign that there has been many misteps that you have been in this process since 2006. I went from filing I-129f to green card in under 10 months and never an RFE, never a question at any interview, not one. I know, I'm perfect, right? No. I'm lucky, right? No, not at all. I was prepared by studying and all the good folks here who clued me in because I asked. I imagine, maybe I am wrong, your questions are directed to people successful in this process.

Now if all this seems cruel or cold to you or anyone else reading, let me just say, that I am not the one delaying your case, I am not the one judging your case, I don't judge, in fact it makes no never mind to me if you ever get approved, and do you think they (USCIS) gives a flying fig about your sensibilities and feelings? Get your ....act...together and get 'r done

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I thought I had it all covered with my assets, bank account, and income. Apparently, THEY did not think it was enough, and yes, we were quite prepared except for the one thing we really did not think we needed, but threw it in at the last moment just to cover our asses just in case. But you wouldn't know that as I do not come on vj and tell all my business in the grandest detail. I posted so my friends on here could know what had happened at our interview...those who know our story.

As for the sunshine, Im not looking for that . I stated a fact. Im pissed, and yes, our journey was not smooth sailing like most on here. It was long and grueling. Something you wouldn't have a clue about.

Thanks for you reply, anyway. Next?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Pardon me, really, and now I am going to catch flak but I do not care. I will speak the truth and see how many people can handle it. Not saying it, will not help you have anything go smoothly in the future, so I will say it, and leave it to others to blow sunshine....Why on earth would you expect anything to go smoothly when you are totally not prepared? You don't know the guidelines for the I-864? You don't know you don't make enough money? This is a surprise? And for the I-864a you didn't have enough time? You had minimum three weeks notice of the interview, correct? You knew you filed for AOS? You dicovered he could include himself 2 weeks ago?

You need now to be preparing a co-sponsor if your combined incomes don't make the cut. None of the other things matter if you cannot show financial support. If you do not read, and study and prepare, nothing will go smoothly, it is a promise. As you have seen, I am not wrong about this

It is absolutely a sign that there has been many misteps that you have been in this process since 2006. I went from filing I-129f to green card in under 10 months and never an RFE, never a question at any interview, not one. I know, I'm perfect, right? No. I'm lucky, right? No, not at all. I was prepared by studying and all the good folks here who clued me in because I asked. I imagine, maybe I am wrong, your questions are directed to people successful in this process.

Now if all this seems cruel or cold to you or anyone else reading, let me just say, that I am not the one delaying your case, I am not the one judging your case, I don't judge, in fact it makes no never mind to me if you ever get approved, and do you think they (USCIS) gives a flying fig about your sensibilities and feelings? Get your ....act...together and get 'r done

Although 'Gary and A' sound like Simon from American Idol, the message is right. You can get out of this through detailed research, systematic response to USCIS' instruction, some patience and prayers.

Completely understand that it is easy to preach than practice but do realize that this tough time shall pass. Good luck to you!

AOS from H1B

--------------------

04/2/09: Filed I-130, I-485, EAD, AP

04/13/09: Received NOA for all the forms

04/16/09: Received biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hugs to you Nagi.

I am guessing they probably did not send an RFE for the I-864 because you were going to have an interview? I am not sure.

Hang in there (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I failed to mention that at the time we submitted the AOS, my husband was not working.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hugs to you Nagi.

I am guessing they probably did not send an RFE for the I-864 because you were going to have an interview? I am not sure.

Hang in there (F)

Hey J,

As I said to you this morning per our conversation, I think you were probably just a little shocked because he was not approved right on the spot. I think from what you told me and how you described her demeanor and questions, you should be fine. Now looking back in hindsight, were there some things you wish you would have known earlier or thought about to search for? Sure, but what's done is done and the interviewer did accept his salary information and from what you said his salary is, that is more than enough to cover the income requirements. I think the main point was the background checks as you know she cannot make a decison without those and I'm guessing that unless he doesn't clear those then you should be fine. Just prepare for any RFE regarding his salary and anything else. But as she told you, she has more than enough evidence from you. Lastly, I still do not understand why they schedule interviews with no completed background checks and the missing information about your income when an RFE could have been sent out. It just seems backwards to me. Sort of like Cairo and AP. Anyway, don't worry so much, this isn't the first time you thought something looked bad, but it turned out OK. We can chat later if you like, I'm going out to buy Easter gifts for my niece. She said she wants an Ipod touch! Can you believe it? A four year old. :luv:

drinkblink14.gif

Timeline
:thumbs: 0k, catch up with you later, J0D0. K and Zee......thanks you guys!

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have actually heard of many cases where the income requirement is more subjective than you may intially think.

Sorry to hear about the bg check, unfortunately not the first time I have heard that either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.